Shounen [Webtoon] Knight Run by Kim Sung Min

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Knight Run ​

Demographics: Sonyeon (Shounen)
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Sci-fi
Publishing Status: Ongoing
Writer: Kim Sung Min
Artist: Kim Sung Min
On MH: Knight Run
Groups Editing: Japanzai, The Company, XscansX, Knight Run Fan Cafe
Mangaupdates

About the Story

In the era of space exploration. Mankind is at war against monsters of unknown origin. The battle is grim, and the future looks bleak. Amidst the chaos, mankind plays their last hand; it's time for the Knights to step into the fray and turn the tide of this war.

 
Last edited:

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
No love for this series. Trust me, its a good read.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just read it and I agree that it's a good series but i found it a little hard to get into due to how the story is told.

It's the heavy reliance on flashbacks that bothers me, I think. Quite a few times I found myself reading something I didn't really understand until an expositional flashback explains what it means a little later on.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Indeed. Sometimes, the art is faulty too. However, the direction story is taking is very interesting. Especially, the revelation about you know who.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Indeed. Sometimes, the art is faulty too. However, the direction story is taking is very interesting. Especially, the revelation about you know who.
Another big plus is has is the sheer scale of it. In terms of both what the artwork is trying to show and the sheer magnitude of the powers in play it's among the most impressive. The nature of the story seems to lie somewhere between a space opera and a battle manga, which is a pretty cool combo. That more than anything has kept me reading.

Well, that and the hope that one day there will quite simply be nothing left in the past to show. (Flashbacks are evil and wrong)
 

strixflash

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2012
Messages
1,862
Reaction score
2,353
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Certainly it's a good read. I have reached Ch. 40 and till now I find it great. Hoping that the story doesn't loose its grip later on.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Certainly it's a good read. I have reached Ch. 40 and till now I find it great. Hoping that the story doesn't loose its grip later on.
Be assured, it gets better. This is what I like about this series.
 

FFuuu

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
94
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Chile
Knight Run is incredible, despite the cool art i like how it can convey desperation. The story is great and there's also a lot of action... I absolutely love it, there's also a whole universe created wish I could read korean :x
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
You are totally correct about the desperation. Are you caught up?
 

UchihaHunter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
858
Reaction score
437
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Is anyone else reading this? I saw the scans started picking up again...
 

UchihaHunter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
858
Reaction score
437
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really wish this series got more love, especially now that we are (apparently) getting fairly regular Edited Mangas again.

I don't really know how to sell it, just gonna start with the basics, I guess...political intrigue, diverse abilities, lots of fighting (large-scale fleet-style battles as well as 1v1s between characters of exceptional skill and strength), tons of lore, space exploration (so lots of fictional tech stuff), lots of death (although not really of main characters), twists and turns at every corner, strong characters who stick to what they are (so interactions are consistent with what you'd expect, etc.).

The art is kinda meh, but it's full color, so that's a plus (author seems to love boobs, but who doesn't love boobs, right?). With Attack on Titan winding down, this is basically the only shounen-esque series where I can get some real despair, you really never know how an arc is going to end, but you know there will be lots of death and destruction lol.

Main character is kinda mary sue-ish, i guess, but she's a fucking badass, and again, sticks to her convictions and just keeps fighting. It's the most interesting manhwa/manhua/manga that I'm reading right now, and I'm reading ~15 things. The lore and history can seem overwhelming at the beginning, but you typically know what you need to know at the time, and more time reveals more things. You may have to re-read some stuff because there was some detail you didn't realize you needed to be paying attention to, but if you read something like Attack on Titan, that's pretty normal.

The first couple of arcs are officially translated here - https://www.webtoons.com/en/sf/knight-run/list?title_no=67&page=17, and you can find the next arc elsewhere (not sure what the rules are on sharing unofficial manga sites). If you can read Korean, there are over 500 chapters, so if you're looking for something that will consume your time a la Naruto or something, it's got that going for it as well.
 

UchihaHunter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
858
Reaction score
437
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Just FYI, ppl this is getting regular weekly Edited Mangas again. I still very much enjoy this series!

If you're looking for the chapters that aren't on the webtoons page, they're here - https://mangadex.org/title/be06d561-1670-4f1e-a491-0608ba35ce00/knight-run

from what i understand, the official translation was halted after one of the extra stories because of lack of views/comments
 
Top