- Joined
- May 17, 2009
- Messages
- 264
- Reaction score
- 59
- Age
- 36
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
THIS IS REALLY LONG.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING, HIT BACK ON YOUR BROWSER, LOL.
After reading ch. 300, and catching the theme being mentioned on one of the first few pages, I started to wonder about the significance OF the song.
First off, is there a deeper meaning in Oku's usage of such a seemingly innocent exercise song?
I think the song represents Gantz's final objective for humanity.
I jump around with what I believe the intention of Gantz truly is, but I think for this theory, Gantz is attempting to either better or destroy humanity.
Let's look back to the first issue.
Kurono says to the old woman, "Try to figure it out on your own, yeah? Don't rely on other people so much."
(source: http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-001/page010.html )
This is cryptic, as this is EXACTLY what Gantz is telling the Hunters.
Stop relying or waiting on the Deus ex Machina.
Don't rely on a deity.
Rely on yourselves and figure things out on your own and you will all survive.
So, aside from being a main character, why does Kurono have such heavy plot armor?
Why is he the one Gantz toys with the most?
Gantz and Kurono share the same worldview.
Read: http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-001/page011.html
This entire page could've been written by Gantz himself.
Look at how Gantz treats the other hunters.
Sakata: Dumbass
Kishimoto: Tits.
Hojo: Homo
But look at someone who views the world in the same was as Gantz: Nishi.
Nishi goes by the affectionate "Nishi-kun".
Kurono is different because while he does look down on humanity, he isn't anywhere near as sadistic as Nishi.
This separates him from Gantz, in that Kurono is more human, and less alien to his own species.
In the end, however, Gantz doesn't care one damn bit about how things turn out for the humans.
That is why I believe that Gantz is an alien.
What Gantz offers humanity is a chance to start over through trials that test them at their limits.
If humanity makes it through Katastrophe, assuming it will be a global warzone type affair, then humanity will be forever changed, scarred, and moved to better themselves, and progress as a species to prolong their extinction.
And thus..
A new day has come.
The Day of Gantz.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING, HIT BACK ON YOUR BROWSER, LOL.
After reading ch. 300, and catching the theme being mentioned on one of the first few pages, I started to wonder about the significance OF the song.
First off, is there a deeper meaning in Oku's usage of such a seemingly innocent exercise song?
I think the song represents Gantz's final objective for humanity.
I jump around with what I believe the intention of Gantz truly is, but I think for this theory, Gantz is attempting to either better or destroy humanity.
Let's look back to the first issue.
Kurono says to the old woman, "Try to figure it out on your own, yeah? Don't rely on other people so much."
(source: http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-001/page010.html )
This is cryptic, as this is EXACTLY what Gantz is telling the Hunters.
Stop relying or waiting on the Deus ex Machina.
Don't rely on a deity.
Rely on yourselves and figure things out on your own and you will all survive.
So, aside from being a main character, why does Kurono have such heavy plot armor?
Why is he the one Gantz toys with the most?
Gantz and Kurono share the same worldview.
Read: http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-001/page011.html
This entire page could've been written by Gantz himself.
Look at how Gantz treats the other hunters.
Sakata: Dumbass
Kishimoto: Tits.
Hojo: Homo
But look at someone who views the world in the same was as Gantz: Nishi.
Nishi goes by the affectionate "Nishi-kun".
Kurono is different because while he does look down on humanity, he isn't anywhere near as sadistic as Nishi.
This separates him from Gantz, in that Kurono is more human, and less alien to his own species.
In the end, however, Gantz doesn't care one damn bit about how things turn out for the humans.
That is why I believe that Gantz is an alien.
What Gantz offers humanity is a chance to start over through trials that test them at their limits.
If humanity makes it through Katastrophe, assuming it will be a global warzone type affair, then humanity will be forever changed, scarred, and moved to better themselves, and progress as a species to prolong their extinction.
And thus..
A new day has come.
The Day of Gantz.