Anime - Anime | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Anime

brigid001

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Here we can discuss everything about the anime of Hunter x HUNTER. The seiyuus, animation etc. Feel free to talk about anything about the anime :D
I'd like to say that i really hope the chimera ant arc gets animated :amuse

Dive

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I watched the English dub first on the Funimation channel. They got some really good voice actors, a lot of them were rather new. Some were lacking and whatnot, but they got better as the series went on. The one they got for Hisoka was amazing, though. I would definitely love to hear more from him in the future.

The music is really good, too. Toshihiko Sahashi is one of my favorite anime composers. =)

I'd definitely bet on a continuation of the HxH anime once it gets farther down, unless they want to continue the OVA's, which I have no problems with. Better animation and whatnot.

Navid.

Reaction score
Country
Iran
I'd like to say that i really hope the chimera ant arc gets animated :amuse
I'd go one further and say I hope HxH gets the Fullmetal Alchemist treatment... basically re-animated from the beginning again.

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I'd go one further and say I hope HxH gets the Fullmetal Alchemist treatment... basically re-animated from the beginning again.
Why's that? Unlike Fullmetal Alchemist, mostly everything that was animated in the series and in the subsequent OVAs was canon material. I don't see any need for it to be re-animated. Sure I'd like to see the series animated once again but with top-notch HD animation, but then again I'd like to see an actual remake of DBZ (although it was still pretty cool of them to remaster the show) :).

As for the Chimera Arc, I definitely want to see it animated. It could work as a 26 episode series, though it would probably confuse newcomers. They did do something like that with InuYasha, but I'm not sure how that turned out.

Dive

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't. Why ruin a good thing? The original series was done extremely well. No deviations, and it paced the story a lot better than what Togashi does.

brigid001

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
hmmm lol i think the guy would just like to see hxh get upgraded into higher quality lol i would like to see that since fma brotherhood is quite epic lol, but i think it's fine as is. it's a classic and should stay as that lol i recently just bought the boxsets, (still waiting on no. 1 though) so i wouldn't want to have to buy the anime all over again lol. btw anyone know if viz are dubbing the ovas? i don't like the dub but i want to be able to buy the official release that has subs on it lol

Dive

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's no word on the dub of the OVA's yet. I dunno if they will, since I don't know how well the DVD's have done. No use bringing over the OVA's if they aren't going to sell.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
What ovas are you talking about? Are there any new ones? I know they animated the greed island arc through ovas but I never heard of anything beyond that...

Dive

Reaction score
Country
United States
We're just talking about the very end of the Yorkshin arc and the Greed Island arc OVA's. There haven't been any new ones since then, or else the anime would have had more fillers than Naruto. And that's hard to top, haha.

Once the Chimera Ant arc finishes up, we might seen an announcement or something for a continuation, providing that Togashi keeps up.

Navid.

Reaction score
Country
Iran
I don't. Why ruin a good thing? The original series was done extremely well. No deviations, and it paced the story a lot better than what Togashi does.
Ruin a good thing..? How would a new animated series ruin the one already available, all it would do is provide a modern alternative.

As much as I agree with you about the current series and its OVA's, I would love to see it reanimated in crisp HD resolution with good clear sound.

I would also like the animation to stick closer to the brutality of the manga while keeping the feel of darkness/creepiness in the characters that the current one does so well.

I doubt it will happen in any case. :)

Refraction

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iceland
I'd love to see a Chimera Ant adaptation discard the jaunty colours of Greed Island in favour of darker, subdued tones, more akin to the hues seen in the Yorkshin OVA (this need not necessarily translate as a return to cel-animation, mind). I think sombre shades should be a stylistic imperative, given the brutal vibes at work throughout the Chimera Ant saga. I also think it'd set Hunter x Hunter apart, adopting a darker direction in terms of colour--it'd mark quite the disparity with other contemporary shounen titles.

And get Mr. Furuhashi back as series director--he does a stunningly good job, and could pull off the unsettling dimension of the Chimera Ant arc with aplomb.

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I need to see Chimera Ant arc animated just to see some of the panels re-drawn. I don't want to be a bitch, but Togashi drew things rushed this arc.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Dunno if remaking the series is a good idea.... hunter hunter kai lol....

ish3

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do know one thing. The chimera ant arc was similar to chapter black. Very dark and un shonen like. I doubt it will be animated on television. More likely to be done in a OVA format. Plus thinking about it there's like 4 parts to it. The entry to ngl, training, scooping out East Garuto, and final battles with the king and his royal guards.

Dive

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ruin a good thing..? How would a new animated series ruin the one already available, all it would do is provide a modern alternative.

As much as I agree with you about the current series and its OVA's, I would love to see it reanimated in crisp HD resolution with good clear sound.

I would also like the animation to stick closer to the brutality of the manga while keeping the feel of darkness/creepiness in the characters that the current one does so well.

I doubt it will happen in any case. :)
There are so many other series out there that could benefit from an updated version. Besides, not everything needs to be remade. The series was already made very well: excellent music, great pacing, etc. I don't see the need for a remake for the sake of just having new animation. It really seems like a waste of money when the money could be used for other series or something.

And personally, I thought the series did a good job of keeping the atmosphere of the manga, and even adding more. The scene where Gon encountered Hisoka in the forest when Hisoka went under blood lust, I totally thought that was brought together a lot better in the anime than the manga. The Hisoka v. Kurapika fight, which wasn't in the manga, was done well too, keeping true to the characters at hand, and the actions of the people on the sidelines.

Tombadgerlock

Reaction score
Country
France
heh, i dislike the anime for having put little things that give the false impression about some characters.

It's nor completely off, but just off enough for people that have seen the anime first to have weird ideas about some of the characters.

kayv

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
i watch the video anime but it not in hd >"< can any one send me to mah inbox link ? I really wana watch full hd >"< still be waitting for some good guyz sending :X

naruto91

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't think there are hd episodes... It's not so recent.