Discussion Exis in TUS(Talse Uzer Story) affecting TOG

0Xellos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
418
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
Re: Tower of God Chapter 170 Discussion/171 Predictions

What do you mean viole wont be an exis thats like saying naruto wont be hokage...... I mean look at how fast he is progressing it unbelievable!!! He has only been in the tower for about 5 years and he is as strong or stronger then some that have been fighting for 200 years LOL.

Also that would be pretty badass if they talked about the history of the tower and zahard (:
Except it's not. Naruto's dream is to be Hokage (well, to have everyone acknowledge him by that), but Baam has no desire to become an Exis. In fact, he most likely doesn't even know they exist.

Which ones "fighting for 200 years" do you mean?

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

Being an Exis means mostly just being able to impose certain haxxed rules; if used well, those rules can make you unbeatable. It's like being a demigod of sorts...

That is not equivalent to strength. Being "strong" is more complex than being able to beat anyone (read Vagabond for more); also, it's like saying that Zahard is stronger than any Regular because he can't be killed by any of them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

s2k03

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2012
Messages
238
Reaction score
21
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Never meant it in the way that viole wants to be an exis, but in the way that if he keeps this up and progresses at this rate or faster he will become one. I mean he basically wants to be an exis but doesnt know it yet in my opinion, I mean he really wants peace and to help people, so he could end up being a peace god without realizing it until the end.
 

Bhoot

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
521
Reaction score
130
Gender
Male
Country
India
Well , i havent really read about Exis as much , but considering that Zahard is deemed unkillable , could he be an Exis?? I mean its possible that the contract for entering the tower prevents you from becoming an Exis .
Also , i suspect the guardians dont really like Zahard , but lack the power to beat him
Irregulars might just be people who are near the verge of becoming Exis or something hence being so strong , and maybe favored by the tower guards to kill Zahard and free them ??
 

0Xellos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2012
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
418
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
Never meant it in the way that viole wants to be an exis, but in the way that if he keeps this up and progresses at this rate or faster he will become one. I mean he basically wants to be an exis but doesnt know it yet in my opinion, I mean he really wants peace and to help people, so he could end up being a peace god without realizing it until the end.
You're misunderstanding what Exis are. It's not a "next stage in evolution" for those who surpass human limits, it's more like a rare... fork from the existence of normal humans. You can be extremely strong and still not be an Exis. You can be so strong that you're able to wipe out nations in an instant, and still not be an Exis. Even if you may be able to do things than some Exis, can't, you won't be able to beat them, because some special rule.

And if you're referring to DBZ-like power level escalation, then that's not the usual story progression, but just bad writing, and I hope SIU doesn't go that way.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Zahard is not an Exis. Phanta is specifically said to be the "only Exis in the Tower at the moment". Zahard just got his king-like invincibility for passing some floor test. It's one of the "rules of the Tower", so all regulars are subject to it. If he was an Exis, then no Irregular aside from Phanta could do anything to him, and FUG would be hard-trolled :D
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
To be honest i dont really thing TOG will concentrate on Exis too much so for that i really dont agree that Baam will become an exis.
And exis is not a Kai o ken kind of move or super sain stage. Since no one on the tower is an exis apart from phantaminum who probably wont have much influence apart from his past fight I dont see much of a reason for Baam to be an exis. If Baam goes out of tower to go some where else where there might be exis or what ever then a possibility.

And zahard is specifically said out t be NOT an exis neither is enryu or Urek so you can imagine if such powerhouses are not exis talking about baam being one in just 2 more seasons to come (i think i read some where TOG will have 4 seasons in total, can be wrong though) is not happening.
 
Last edited:

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Btw, one thing is not entirely clear to me. From what I've read, Exis can surround themselves with some kind of a force field in which they can only be hurt by other Exis. But are they constantly surrounded with that field or do they activate it as they like is not that clear to me. If it's the second, they could be killed if they don't use that field.
Maybe I'll look into it again.

I had a theory, but I'm not sure if I posted it here. That Phantaminum went into Tower to become a normal person again. I imagine being an Exis has it's faults. Phantaminum seems to be some kind of a warrior. Imagine what kind of empty life Kenpachi would have if he couldn't even be wounded. Since the Tower can make all wishes come true, maybe that's Phantaminum's wish - to be vulnerable again, since he can't find any joy in fighting now. And other Exis who could hurt him are rare since he was said to be among the 5 strongest, or something similar.
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
Btw, one thing is not entirely clear to me. From what I've read, Exis can surround themselves with some kind of a force field in which they can only be hurt by other Exis. But are they constantly surrounded with that field or do they activate it as they like is not that clear to me. If it's the second, they could be killed if they don't use that field.
Maybe I'll look into it again.
According to the wiki, it seems they have to create said space:
Every Exis has the power to generate a space around them, in which they can use a unique power that cannot be denied or negated. Under the specifications of this ability, Phantaminum can control some aspect of reality within his own field. Phantaminum's power, however, is unknown. Exis primarily have the ability to control the reality of a finite amount of space around them.
Sadly, this info has no reference. But if we take it as true, I think the purpose of this space is just to allow the Exis to use his exis-powers within that space. The "body" of of an Exis still can't be effected by a non-Exis, even without the space. However, in order to use your exis-abilities, you have to create said space. For instance: Enryu could throw everything in his arsenal at a sleeping Phantaminum (without an active space) and nothing would happen. On the other hand, Phantaminum may be unable to kill Enryu without the space, but the instant he creates and surrounds Enryu with it, is the instant where Enryu dies. That's how I would put it. I doubt a non-Exis can kill an Exis just because the space doesn't exist.

I had a theory, but I'm not sure if I posted it here. That Phantaminum went into Tower to become a normal person again. I imagine being an Exis has it's faults. Phantaminum seems to be some kind of a warrior. Imagine what kind of empty life Kenpachi would have if he couldn't even be wounded. Since the Tower can make all wishes come true, maybe that's Phantaminum's wish - to be vulnerable again, since he can't find any joy in fighting now. And other Exis who could hurt him are rare since he was said to be among the 5 strongest, or something similar.
Funny thing is that this theory of yours can't work, if your assumption above turns out to be true and vice versa. There is no need to enter the Tower to become vulnerable again, if your vulnerability is affected by that space which you can turn on and off. Furthermore, I don't think Phantaminum needs/wants to climb the Tower. The impression I got from Exes and Phantaminum himself makes me assume that he can do whatever he wants in this world, literally. But I also think he entered the Tower as a human and not an Exis.

Regarding the OP's question:
Exes sure are mysterious beings and I would like to know more about them/Phantaminum. However, I don't want them to affect this series. An appearance of Phantaminum is welcome only if he tells some stories or gives information about the Tower. Plot-wise they are/would be boring and that's why I'm contra to Baam becoming one, just like Razh said.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Funny thing is that this theory of yours can't work, if your assumption above turns out to be true and vice versa. There is no need to enter the Tower to become vulnerable again, if your vulnerability is affected by that space which you can turn on and off. Furthermore, I don't think Phantaminum needs/wants to climb the Tower. The impression I got from Exes and Phantaminum himself makes me assume that he can do whatever he wants in this world, literally. But I also think he entered the Tower as a human and not an Exis.
Wasn't assuming anything, just wondering. And I would have liked it more if they weren't undefeatable.

Of course, my theory of Phantaminum applies only if he can't be killed by anyone but an Exis. The second part of the post wasn't in conjuction with the first.

And yeah, the moment I found out Phantaminum was some kind of unkillable demigod, he became less interesting to me. Would hate to see Baam become one. It would esentially turn ToG into an Exis origin story.
 
Top