Discussion Genei Ryodan and Chimera Ants Leftovers

Sea Hunter

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Hello this is my first post, yorushko :^_^

I'm thinking about this whole Kuroro thingy and how it'll unwrap

First let's look at some random facts from the manga:
1. Genei Rtyudan are from Ryuuseigai (Shooting Star City)
http://www.mangareader.net/207-14114-3/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-105.html
Also they're main base is there.

2. Jairo is currently in Ryuuseigai thus Welfin and co are heading there to look for him.
http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/315/5

3. Hina is a Jyunen (Nen Remover) and as seen in the manga the backlash for removing nen is on herself not the target.
http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Hina
Meaning Kuroro can fight when his chain is removed without any sort of hindrance (nen beast in abengane's case)

Now let's look at this page: http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/320/13

I think what Illumi meant by "playing tag with kuroro" that Hisoka and Kuroro have been trying one jyunen after another to remove Kuroro's chain but with no luck so far.

First one was Abengane and he apparently failed at removing the chain else Kuroro would have contacted the Spiders already but as seen in the Ant arc months after meeting with Abengane and Hisoka he still hasn't done that.
( btw is that Abengane on the far left http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/320/10 ? )

They might have also contacted the Hunter Organization's Jyunen too since they are both pro hunters and can afford to pay for his services http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/325/8


What i'm trying to get at is next arc we might see some interaction between Jairo and the Genei Ryudan resulting in some sort of agreement?

Would also be nice if we get to see a 3-way battle in Ryuseegai arc (if there is one) between Gon and co (Kurapica!), Jairo and the Spiders :super

Anyway.... discuss away :D
 
Last edited:

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Thoughts..

I think 'playing tag' just means Kuroro doesn't want to fight Hisoka. Although Kuroro is fearless, he doesn't seem to be one who believes in fighting unnecessary battles. There's really nothing for him to gain by fighting Hisoka since Hisoka's ability often uses both hands which he does not have while using Skill Hunter.
 

Sea Hunter

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Thoughts..

If so then that means he already got his chain removed (i dont think so), otherwise Hisoka has no reason to go after him.
I understand that Kuroro has nothing to gain from the fight but i dont see him running away / hiding from hisoka or anyone for that matter.
Remember Kuroro stood ground when faced with both Zeno and Silva when they came for his head although he had nothing to gain from that fight either.
 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Thoughts..

The theory itself is not that stretch, it could be. BUT being the fact that Jairo seems a boss apart I doubt there is a connection. Then again I also thought elections and Gon Recovery would happen together but with no connection and Togashi proved me wrong magnificently.

And I'll change the tittle for something more informative.
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Thoughts..

If so then that means he already got his chain removed (i dont think so), otherwise Hisoka has no reason to go after him.
I understand that Kuroro has nothing to gain from the fight but i dont see him running away / hiding from hisoka or anyone for that matter.
Remember Kuroro stood ground when faced with both Zeno and Silva when they came for his head although he had nothing to gain from that fight either.
He retreated from the "Chain Assassin" when he found out he'd lose half of his friends for fighting him. Hisoka is probably a bit weaker than Kurapika when it comes to anti-Spider ability, but it's certainly not something Kuroro wants to fight for no reason.

Hisoka says that Kuroro always has at least two members on his side, and after a mission is complete no one knows where he disappeared to (at least not him). Kuroro is clearly someone who takes no unnecessary risks and he already knows what Hisoka's ability is, and it's definitely incompatible with Skill Hunter (using it with only one hand greatly reduces its effectiveness). Kuroro held his ground against Zeno and Silva because they had him trapped. He was inside the building and it's not like he's going to make a run for it with those 2 outside. You can infer he used Zetsu and hide for as long as he can until he was finally cornered and at that point he had no choice but to fight. Also, he wanted to steal their abilities. He is certainly willing to take risks, but again I see no point for him to steal Hisoka's ability especially since he already knows its limitations with one hand.
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
@Phantron: I agree with everything in your post, apart from saying Kuroro knows Hisoka's ability's limitations. He doesn't know about Texture Surprise, and we don't know if he knows all of Bungee Gum's limitations. A minor point though, sorry for being pedantic. :P

I think this is an interesting prediction, and I think it is consistent. That's not to say it will happen, only that it could - there are no contradictions in your hypothesis. However, it's also a large prediction, and the larger and more encompassing the prediction, the more likely it is to not come true, or to only come partly true.

Personally I've given up guessing what's going to happen in HxH; there's been so many awesome twists so far that I couldn't have thought of myself, and I'm sure there'll be many, many more. In fact, it's at the stage where I have literally no idea what's going to happen in the next chapter!

Sorry again, this has just turned into me rambling... About the prediction itself: Abengane hasn't necessarily tried removing Kurapika's chain yet. We don't know for certain that he's had any contact with Chrollo yet - he may not been able to find him yet. I think "playing tag" is much more likely to be referring to Hisoka constantly trying (and so far failing) to get a one-on-one fight with Chrollo.

I'm not sure, but I always assumed the nen beast Abengane conjures attaches to Abengane, rather than the person the exorcism has been performed on. Opinions, anyone else?

Also, not sure if that is Abengane it chapter 320 since he doesn't appear in the panel of faces of other characters, but I really hope it is! If Togashi left him of the panel of faces deliberately, leaving him there as a kind of easter egg, then that is even more awesome!
 

Sea Hunter

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
14
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
@Phantron: I agree with everything in your post, apart from saying Kuroro knows Hisoka's ability's limitations. He doesn't know about Texture Surprise, and we don't know if he knows all of Bungee Gum's limitations. A minor point though, sorry for being pedantic. :P

I think this is an interesting prediction, and I think it is consistent. That's not to say it will happen, only that it could - there are no contradictions in your hypothesis. However, it's also a large prediction, and the larger and more encompassing the prediction, the more likely it is to not come true, or to only come partly true.

Personally I've given up guessing what's going to happen in HxH; there's been so many awesome twists so far that I couldn't have thought of myself, and I'm sure there'll be many, many more. In fact, it's at the stage where I have literally no idea what's going to happen in the next chapter!

Sorry again, this has just turned into me rambling... About the prediction itself: Abengane hasn't necessarily tried removing Kurapika's chain yet. We don't know for certain that he's had any contact with Chrollo yet - he may not been able to find him yet. I think "playing tag" is much more likely to be referring to Hisoka constantly trying (and so far failing) to get a one-on-one fight with Chrollo.

I'm not sure, but I always assumed the nen beast Abengane conjures attaches to Abengane, rather than the person the exorcism has been performed on. Opinions, anyone else?

Also, not sure if that is Abengane it chapter 320 since he doesn't appear in the panel of faces of other characters, but I really hope it is! If Togashi left him of the panel of faces deliberately, leaving him there as a kind of easter egg, then that is even more awesome!
I thought this page shows that Hisoka already delivered him to Kuroro http://www.mangareader.net/207-14210-2/hunter-x-hunter/chapter-201.html or did i get that wrong :blink

But i do agree that predicting what'll happen in the next chapters have been near impossible with Togashi :mad

@Phantron i dont fault your logic about Kuroro's limitation with his ability but i dont think we can judge based on one hand being occupied alone, we dont know what abilities are in his arsenal yet we only saw a few of them.
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ahhhh, you may well be right. I took that page kind of semi-metaphorically/symbolically; Hisoka is taking Abengane to Chrollo, but he hasn't necessarily reached him yet. However, the tagline includes the words "patiently waiting at the meeting point", which strongly implies that Hisoka knows where Chrollo is and that Chrollo wants to be found by him. Which would mean that either the exorcism failed, as you hypothesise, or that Chrollo is already free of Kurapika's nen.
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kuroro can't possibly plan on stealing abilities he knows nothing about. If he's that kind of person he'd be like Hisoka challenging random strong guys just in case they've a useful ability. So if he wants to steal Hisoka's ability it'd have to be around the bungee gum. For that ability, it'd be readily obvious that you can't do any of the more interesting stuff when limited to one hand (say, the web like usage Hisoka did). The one-hand restriction is an inherent restriction of Skill Hunter. No matter how strong he becomes, it will never change the fact that he can only use one hand while using Skill Hunter.

Further, the bungee gum still uses the user's base physical ability. For example, in Hisoka versus Razor we can see that Hisoka still took significant damage trying to web the ball Razor threw, since Razor has a higher strength than he does. Kuroro is described as relatively weak physically for his tier of characters (cannot defend against Zeno's emission attacks despite that school being two away from his natural type), so if you switched Kuroro with Hisoka, he might have his hand ripped off from the impact. Of course, Kuroro could never web the ball in the first place because Hisoka used both hands to do that, but even if he could, that move is still not very useful given his physical limitation. I know Kuroro promised to fight Hisoka as a reward, but there's no reason to believe he has to honor his words, and even if he did he could just say 'you got to catch me first' and just disappear. We know Kuroro is certainly very elusive (Hisoka never had any luck tracking him down in the past).
 
Top