Shounen Soul Catcher(S) by Shinkai Hideo

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: [New] Soul Catcher(S) by Shinkai Hideo

What I liked:
--dat art, dat awesome simple but cute art
- theme: I love music and the whole capture hearts theme isa nice twist and allows shogeki no souma like music/action scenes

disliked:
- the characters need a lot of work, they are still a bit 2D
-story: it's a mix from kotoura-san (anime version) and Beck but on the long run not very original, the author really needs to amp it up
 

HalcyonDigest

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [New] Soul Catcher(S) by Shinkai Hideo

I've been excited about this for a while, I've always wanted to see how a Jump music series would turn out. That being said I wasn't too big on the initial chapter, the whole thing just seemed way to cheesy for my taste, the concept of heart lends itself to a lot of corny stuff, and the whole plot with the girl who needed to be cheered up seemed so typical of a Jump feel-good moment. I didn't hate it though and I'll continue to see what develops.
 

TheBlackLotus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
132
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [New] Soul Catcher(S) by Shinkai Hideo

The concept sounds interesting so i want to keep up with it a few chapters and see how it develops. I can't really get into the characters so far. Hopefully that will change with time.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: [New] Soul Catcher(S) by Shinkai Hideo

I'm loving this series. It's not my favourite of the latest batch by a long shot, but Shinkai knows how to make beats work, even when his art isn't up to the task.

Does still feel like it's got a ways to go if it wants to stick around though.
 

Kaizou 10

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 12, 2013
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
2,467
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It is confirmed that Soul Catcher(S) going to have a vomic.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Emy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2007
Messages
411
Reaction score
15
Gender
Hidden
Country
Brazil
So few people comments about this manga, but I think it's an amazing manga so far
It would be cool to see the author exploring more of Kamine power to see hearts
 
Top