Shounen Sousei no Onmyouji by SUKENO Yoshiaki

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
3,637
Reaction score
1,163
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
so this manga is like a combination of

Kekkaishi- because of the exorcist

Ao no Exorcist - same as the above but from the looks of it the protagonist has an impurity weapon

Nurarihyon no Mago - well demons / impurity and stuffs :D
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wow this is an incredible start. JUMP SQ is really killing it in terms of the upper echelon tier quality series they are bringing to the table. Sousei no Onmyouji is definitely off to a pretty phenomenal start here. I don't think there was even anything to dislike going on. Rokuro is just as good as Rin Okumura so far for being an exorcist and maybe even bests him in terms of ability at this point in time with his cool arm move that was so powerful and larger than life. The brothers too are good characters and ones I want to see at some point in time, perhaps we'll get baddies that require them all to fight in the Magano.

Hilarious, fun, fast paced, and the heartfelt feelings so far make this a blast. Will keep following.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
First chapter was pretty normal, nothing that I didn't see in other series, let's see if the series will manage to catch my attention next chapter. I'm very strict with monthly series, for me they must catch my attention in the first chapter, it is a bad start, then.

---------- Post added January 04, 2014 at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was December 07, 2013 at 01:55 PM ----------

Chapter 2

Very good chapter. Good comedy and fight were worth read.
I laughed in the end. It will be interesting. hahahahahahahaha
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Good character design with the bed hair and such at the start leading to an excellent and rather fantastic fight scene. This is as good as Seraph of the End at the start too. These exorcist manga are all really good now even. Could do with out the 14 year old marriage and child plot...
 

Hangedman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 13, 2011
Messages
223
Reaction score
342
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Chapter 3 was ok, very classic but good and the ending paves the way for the new chapters
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Chapter 3

Benio didn't recognize Rokuro until now, but when she knew that he has a good reason to no fight, she rethought her impressions a bit. This chapter was to show that they are a good piar when they are fighting. Rokuro's spirit of fighting will increase once again along with his passion towards Benio. They will fall in love each other in future. XD
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
His hair whenever he just wakes up is too hilarious.

Loved the action and poses there with the actual twin star exorcists.
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
to sum it up in 3 words: I like it.

Not as whimsical as Binbougami Ga! but it has a good story (so far) and a nice (and small) set of characters to build on.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
This should have been weakly...

To me, this is far more interesting than ao no exorcist. The pace is definitely faster. The fight between a first strong impurity and Rokuro has begun. And that guy mentioned others like him.

I think that Sq has released this manga to give D.G-M's fanbase a new manga. Why are some similarities so obvious:
- Allen's arm/Rokuro's arm
- Impurity = Dark Skinned/Noah = Dark Skinned
- Impurity family (name?)/Noah
- 1st simple impurities/1st simple akuma
- Benio and Rokuro/Lenalee and Allen

Etc... It is not D.G-m but its concept really tends to lean more to that then Ao no Excorsist.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The events od this chapter were very sudden, it seems that the author had a problem with pacing, at least in this chapter. The meeting between Benio and her utmost enemy was sudden as well, I'd expect it in the future when both, Benio and Rokuro, were stronger, not now. Something has to happen, there is no way to defeat that monster.
I have some complaints about Rokuro as well, I dislike characters who don't know what they want to do. He says evertyime that he doesn't want to be an exorcist, but even so, he goes fighting always. No one deserves one more Tsuna in your life. This is annoying. xD
Fight or not fight, choose one of them and go ahead until the very end.

---------- Post added April 21, 2014 at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was April 19, 2014 at 12:31 AM ----------

Chapter 5

Finally a decision! Now I like Rokuro. :nod
Nothing is better than fight for your girl, even though he denies it. :p
Good chapter, that monster played with them and it didn't kill them because it didn't want. Benio and Rokuro will have to train harder to get winning against it.
It is really unlikely they will give birth a child, so they will train and become as strong as the Miko together.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,852
Reaction score
23,522
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This series won me over purely on the Benio's expressions.

Her angry and embarrassed faces are absolutely awesome. Those by themselves would make this worth reading. She's like the girl from Kimi ni Todoke if you substitute "adorableness" with "ferocity".
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,679
Reaction score
61,389
Gender
Male
Country
France
Caught up with this, I find it average overall but it's pretty good sometimes, since it's just the beginning it will surely get better. Rokuro doesn't look like a 14 years teenager.

Maybe it's just me but his Seigen reminds me of Levi.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Story's pace is really good, fallen impurities that is what happened back then at the dorm. Poor Mayura, I wonder how such a positive girl can change into a fallen impurity.

I wonder who this silhouette is? He's definitely (one of) the masterminds behind what at Hiinatsuki.

Anyway, this one is definitely more interesting that blue excorsist tbh
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,679
Reaction score
61,389
Gender
Male
Country
France
Chapter 9 and 10 are out.

The author of the tragedy was Benio's brother. I saw it coming that they would save her childhood friend but seeing Levi lose like that was really astonishing.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Just read volume 1 of Twin Star Exorcist and I was a little disappointed that it only contains 3 chapters. At least the Benio Bonus Story was quite interesting. So far I really like this title and I'm trying to restrain myself from reading the scans.
I was wondering, if this human-like Kegare/possed girl (?)in chapter 3 is one of the children that got supposedly killed in that mysterious accident. The children on that picture are drawn in a distinct way.

 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,679
Reaction score
61,389
Gender
Male
Country
France
Just read volume 1 of Twin Star Exorcist and I was a little disappointed that it only contains 3 chapters. At least the Benio Bonus Story was quite interesting. So far I really like this title and I'm trying to restrain myself from reading the scans.
I was wondering, if this human-like Kegare/possed girl (?)in chapter 3 is one of the children that got supposedly killed in that mysterious accident. The children on that picture are drawn in a distinct way.

He's not one of them, that's just a powerful demon.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,679
Reaction score
61,389
Gender
Male
Country
France
Read four chapters in a row. Epic battle :zomg, I particularly liked the scene with Benio getting her power up and kicking the ass of her brother :wtf .

I wonder if the other kid is supposed to be the narrator(who is their child) .

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Coincidentally a news just when I catch up again. Maybe an anime adaptation.

Twin Star Exorcists Manga Has 'Important Announcement' in December
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Top