Shounen Stealth Symphony by Narita, Ryohgo (Story), Amano, Youichi (Art)

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Genre: Fantasy
Author and Artist: Narita, Ryohgo (Story), Amano, Youichi (Art)
Serialization: Weekly Shonen Jump
Synopsis: From writer Ryohgo Narita (Durarara!!) with art by Yoichi Amano comes the newest series to join Weekly Shonen Jump! Jig's a young boy who embarks on a magical journey to rid himself of an unfortunate curse! (source viz).

--------------------
Chp:1

Pretty good mix of action and fantasy. The cyborg parts on Jig's back to help keep him from danger almost makes him feel like he could be invincible to everything which is a nice feature for his excellent character design and outfit. I like his out look on things and he could really help Troma find a goal in life.

Felt a bit wordier than other manga at least but really focused and intriguing. I loved the action and the dragon is such cool design but the invisible one as well as the cyborg parts looking like they are definitely pieces of some remnant dragon.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Did you feel/see Durarara!! style of writing in it?
 

recruit

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 29, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
3
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Ajman
too bad no translated scans yet :(
judging from the cover, it seems pretty interesting
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Looks and sounds godly, just like nisekoi did back in the day. I'm usually not mistaken in my hunches.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The author seems to bite off a lot, let's see if he can chew it. I hope it does not end up being a disaster with so many flashy things happening, but ofc first impressions say to me: READ IT!
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
It started off by showing a bit of the universe, I didn't find it that wordy myself. I liked it a lot, the bat girl is cute, and the mask was a surprise. Can't wait to see how it goes from now on but so far is amazing.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ch2 was pretty good with its colour page, it looked at like a painting of sorts.

Souya is an interesting character for the assassins side, I wonder if we will get a Souya Troma teamup some day for a joint mission beyond just another hit on Jig.

Jig keeps reminding me of Tsuna (Reborn)
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's it, I'm getting a subscription to jump. Reading a raw with translations on the side kills everything. I did like the first chapter overall, but due to the way I read it I probably didn't enjoy it as much as I could, I'll simply wait before I continue any further.

Also...a manga about dragons that ISN'T fairy tail! FUCK YES!!
 

Hangedman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 13, 2011
Messages
223
Reaction score
342
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
ch1 is out, really really good.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
ch1 is out, really really good.
I agree, definitely a manga wherein the story has a potential. The events were somewhat generic but the setting and the mysterious Invisble dragon weren't. I loved this beginning chapter more than Illegale Rare.

I hope that the other scan(s) will come out fast because this is on my reading list
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well the universe in the manga certainly has potential, the art is amazing imo and really captures the essence of the story, some philosophical background as well, and I see them hunting for those dragon things as part of the story. ^^

All in all I can't wait for the next chapter and that is a good sign.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
3 had some good action and a great direction to take things. Though Jig may not be part of V&V he at least still gets to hang around to learn about things and Troma stays too.

Souya v the Giant fight was incredible.
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well we knew this manga would have decent writing (Durarara and Baccano are maybe two of the best LN and animes in the world)
As it's good written with higher emphasis on world building and dialogue than other authors. A nd the Art is great too. I always liked the mix of comic and refined Art Amano Youichi uses like in Reborn!.
I have high hopes for this being on of the longer running new SJ mangas.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Things sure are interesting, but chapter one was still the best for me, 2 and 3 have been world building ... the twist that the mayor hired the assassins sure was interesting, I just do not want too many characters all at once, let it go step by step so things can be resolved.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well I finally got to reading the chapters translated proper (though I still need a proper jump subscription, oh well) But so far the series is OK but definitely needs some time for me to truly like it. The invisible dragon is somewhat interesting and I'm always up for lighter/slightly silly works involving a bunch of guys with powers, but the thing that kills most of my enjoyment is probably the fact that I have no real interest in Jin aside from his ability. I have confidence in Narita's writing ability given I've liked both of his previous works, but I hope he adds something of interest sooner than later.

As for the art, I really like it, especially when it's in color if there's any reason I want this series to actually survive in jump, it'd be for this.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 4 left a pretty interesting setup of nonhumans in V&V. Actually at the rate its going it seems Souya and Jig are the only true humans. Troma has a human form at least. Hopefully there are a few others, but Im fine with just Jig Souya Troma.

I think this next step in the plot was an expected one so nothing surprising there but will like to see how it is tackled. Troma must step in.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Next chapter we will get introduced to the heroine, that will start as antagonist.

Can't wait. (at least that's the impression I got)
 

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
The characters are getting pretty interesting over there, we are now entering the first big arc and it's in the least predictable way. Excited both for seeing the ninja, Colt and Alice in action and Sieg's response to the situation at hand.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I ended up not commenting here it seems, but I have to say that chapter 5 was the best until now! Really looking forward to the next chapter.
 
Top