Greetings to y'all

Ush

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
157
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Heyy, I decided to make an account here after I saw that this site probably has some of the most/best discussion on all kinds of different manga anywhere :p

Anyways some background info... I enjoy manga more than anime to begin with! I'm especially go through phases of loving sports manga, which I've read quite a bit of! My favorite manga's currently published would have to be: Air Gear, Liar Game, Ao No Exorcist ! As for completed: Slam Dunk, Cross Over, Eyeshield 21, GTO !

And an exception for anime is that I've fallen in love with Steins;gate this season :)

Outside of manga/anime I love playing basketball (pretty much my only recreational activity) and listening to music. That's pretty much all there is to knowing me. Glad to be here :tem
 

Iceiphoenix

Hunter x Queen
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
2,353
Reaction score
2,443
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Hey there, Ush! Welcome to MH and I hope you have an awesome time here! :)

I'm Iceiphoenix, one of the mods of the Member Zone and the General Category. :D If you ever need any help, feel free to PM me~

Anyway, enough with the formalities! Ohh~ Another LG, AnE and E21 fan!! :zomg You should go and check out their respective boards and revive some discussion! In my opinion, E21 is one of the most epic sports manga, and I've read it about... 5 or 6 times. :p Who's your favourite character or team? :D

Ehh... that's all from me for now! o/
 

raDar

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
667
Reaction score
489
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sunspear
Welcome to MH! (First time doing this)

Since Icei already asked about ES21, who's your favorite SD character/player? team? match?:derp
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hi there, Ush. Welcome to MH! What a short, easy to say, and cute user name. :3

Another fan of Steins;Gate! *dances* You should join in the discussion for Steins;Gate at Otaku Theater section. Definitely need more love there, haha~ What made you think that series is awesome? Any other anime you're following? :)
 

Ush

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
157
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hey there, Ush! Welcome to MH and I hope you have an awesome time here! :)

I'm Iceiphoenix, one of the mods of the Member Zone and the General Category. :D If you ever need any help, feel free to PM me~

Anyway, enough with the formalities! Ohh~ Another LG, AnE and E21 fan!! :zomg You should go and check out their respective boards and revive some discussion! In my opinion, E21 is one of the most epic sports manga, and I've read it about... 5 or 6 times. :p Who's your favourite character or team? :D

Ehh... that's all from me for now! o/
Hey! I'll try reviving some discussion! Yea ES21 is epic, I've read it 3-4 times myself :) My favorite character would have to be Monta to the max. Gives hope to all the little wide receivers out there!

Welcome to MH! (First time doing this)

Since Icei already asked about ES21, who's your favorite SD character/player? team? match?:derp
My favorite SD character is definitely and simply Sakuragi :P I know, typical, but I absolutely LOVED how his character was done. Comic relief, and to watch him struggle throughout a game then in just one epic moment make peoples head turn in shock of what he has done was amusing to no end. Those moments when he shined were so well done, I have never felt that from another manga's protagonists success before. My favorite match is definitely Sannoh, although I kind of wish it hadn't happened since then the manga would of gone on longer :P I always wanted to see Sakuragi go up against that 6'8 freshman beast from Meihou tech I think it was? Well here's hoping for SD2... someday... Or at least a remade, finished anime :D!

Hi there, Ush. Welcome to MH! What a short, easy to say, and cute user name. :3

Another fan of Steins;Gate! *dances* You should join in the discussion for Steins;Gate at Otaku Theater section. Definitely need more love there, haha~ What made you think that series is awesome? Any other anime you're following? :)
I will definitely check it out and start some discussion of my own! I've read and watched so much action/adventure stuff, that a deep, intricate anime like Steins;gate was just a new change of pace for me. I just love how the story is set up and incorporated real world stuff like the story of John titor. Oh and the plot twists. That really got me hooked. In fact I kind of want to play the Visual Novel now (never played one before).
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I will definitely check it out and start some discussion of my own! I've read and watched so much action/adventure stuff, that a deep, intricate anime like Steins;gate was just a new change of pace for me. I just love how the story is set up and incorporated real world stuff like the story of John titor. Oh and the plot twists. That really got me hooked. In fact I kind of want to play the Visual Novel now (never played one before).
See you there already. Thank you! :grin

Haha, you're kinda like me then. I tend to watch action ones or romance ones so when I watched something which involves some kind of thinking like Steins;Gate, it feels different. I almost dropped that series before, though; too confusing and unclear during the first few episodes. But glad I didn't drop it. XD

Hmm, if you actually checked the visual novel later on, do let me know what you think. There is this anime with similar situation like Steins;Gate (which kinda requires you to think further of the plot) named Umineko no Naku Koro ni and it's based off on a visual novel as well. Ever heard of it? I watched the anime, felt like it was not enough, so I switched to the visual novel. Still reading it now. XD But the visual novel provided more information than the anime so it feels quite different. :)
 

Ush

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
157
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
See you there already. Thank you! :grin

Haha, you're kinda like me then. I tend to watch action ones or romance ones so when I watched something which involves some kind of thinking like Steins;Gate, it feels different. I almost dropped that series before, though; too confusing and unclear during the first few episodes. But glad I didn't drop it. XD

Hmm, if you actually checked the visual novel later on, do let me know what you think. There is this anime with similar situation like Steins;Gate (which kinda requires you to think further of the plot) named Umineko no Naku Koro ni and it's based off on a visual novel as well. Ever heard of it? I watched the anime, felt like it was not enough, so I switched to the visual novel. Still reading it now. XD But the visual novel provided more information than the anime so it feels quite different. :)
I will consider watching/reading that too, if it is as similar as you say to Steins;gate! Actually I think the VN for Steins;gate is also a lot more detailed in a few scenarios (ex. the recent [sp]making feyris send a d-mail back to change the past back to what it was[/sp] is explained in much more detail.) The anime seems to be doing a great job of adapting the VN so far though.

I'll let you know what I think if I read the VN, but it seems to be taking forever to translate so that might not be for awhile :P
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I will consider watching/reading that too, if it is as similar as you say to Steins;gate! Actually I think the VN for Steins;gate is also a lot more detailed in a few scenarios (ex. the recent [sp]making feyris send a d-mail back to change the past back to what it was[/sp] is explained in much more detail.) The anime seems to be doing a great job of adapting the VN so far though.

I'll let you know what I think if I read the VN, but it seems to be taking forever to translate so that might not be for awhile :P
Haha, okay then. Basically in Umineko you can choose two sides; only if you choose certain side that you'll be forced to think of a 'way out' of the plot... which requires quite lots of thinking, I suppose. Well, check it out for yourself. I hope you'll like it. :D

Oh, I see. Does Steins;Gate's VN have certain sites which translates it? Like Umineko has this site called The Witch Hunt which translates the episodes of its VN from Japanese to English. If not, certainly it's gonna take some time. XD

I wonder if you've read any other VN before? :)

edit: Liar Game! :wtf Manga or live action? :p
 

Ush

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
157
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Haha, okay then. Basically in Umineko you can choose two sides; only if you choose certain side that you'll be forced to think of a 'way out' of the plot... which requires quite lots of thinking, I suppose. Well, check it out for yourself. I hope you'll like it. :D

Oh, I see. Does Steins;Gate's VN have certain sites which translates it? Like Umineko has this site called The Witch Hunt which translates the episodes of its VN from Japanese to English. If not, certainly it's gonna take some time. XD

I wonder if you've read any other VN before? :)

edit: Liar Game! :wtf Manga or live action? :p
I'm not sure if there's a specific site translating it, all I know is the translation is taking awhile. And actually, I have never read a VN before, Steins;gate is the first to get me interested haha.

As for Liar Game, right now manga but I am considering trying the live action as I hear its excellent!
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I see. I've only seen the live action so I can't say much about it compared to the manga, but I really enjoyed it. :thumbs The casts did a pretty good job; even though Akiyama is not very handsome and Nao is not very cute and that there is barely any romance between time, it was nice. XD The manga is in hiatus, right? I wonder if the game had actually finished in the manga or if it's still the same one round. Since the live action ends at the final stage. :)

Your sig is cute, by the way. Is Kururu the name of the girl or the series the girl is from? :3
 

Ush

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
157
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I see. I've only seen the live action so I can't say much about it compared to the manga, but I really enjoyed it. :thumbs The casts did a pretty good job; even though Akiyama is not very handsome and Nao is not very cute and that there is barely any romance between time, it was nice. XD The manga is in hiatus, right? I wonder if the game had actually finished in the manga or if it's still the same one round. Since the live action ends at the final stage. :)

Your sig is cute, by the way. Is Kururu the name of the girl or the series the girl is from? :3
I think the live action is a little different from the manga, has a few other games and such. The manga doesn't show much romance between Akiyama and Nao either (or at all really) so that kind of makes sense I guess :P

The manga isn't really on hiatus, more like one of its scheduled break. It always goes on break for a year or so after an arc like the one that just happened. Guess the author needs time to work on his other manga and think about how to keep LG interesting.

And yes Kururu is the name of the girl, she's from Air Gear :)
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Hi. I'm a little bit late to welcome you here. Teehee~

You're talking about Liar Game, eh? Everyone says it's a great series and someone gave me the live-action to watch... I tried to watch it but then... I dropped it in season 2. I'm a bit bored with how it goes. There's a pattern that goes on and on. Boring.
 

Ush

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
157
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hi. I'm a little bit late to welcome you here. Teehee~

You're talking about Liar Game, eh? Everyone says it's a great series and someone gave me the live-action to watch... I tried to watch it but then... I dropped it in season 2. I'm a bit bored with how it goes. There's a pattern that goes on and on. Boring.
Heyy, it's never too late to welcome somebody ha :)

I guess Liar Game is an acquired taste, and not for everybody. If you didn't like the live action, I doubt you would enjoy reading the manga either then.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Heyy, it's never too late to welcome somebody ha :)

I guess Liar Game is an acquired taste, and not for everybody. If you didn't like the live action, I doubt you would enjoy reading the manga either then.
Hahaha. Right.

Yeah, I think I need someone more brain-challenging. XD
 

Hummingbird

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
19
Reaction score
2
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Hello Ush!

Here's a welcome from a fellow new member <3

Eyeshield21 is a fantastic series! It's one of two series I collect religiously (if you can say collecting manga was religious heh) I was disappointed by the final arc though, it felt so rushed, it could have been awesome! I love Monta and Shin. Who are your favourites?

Liar Game is also really good. Started off slow and simple though in my opinion, but the smuggling and musical chairs arc were great :)

Random recommendation here: Deadman Wonderland, you might like it. The art style reminds me of Air Gear for some reason...
 

Ush

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
157
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hahaha. Right.

Yeah, I think I need someone more brain-challenging. XD
Hah yeah, I think that's in order for you :P

Hello Ush!

Here's a welcome from a fellow new member <3

Eyeshield21 is a fantastic series! It's one of two series I collect religiously (if you can say collecting manga was religious heh) I was disappointed by the final arc though, it felt so rushed, it could have been awesome! I love Monta and Shin. Who are your favourites?

Liar Game is also really good. Started off slow and simple though in my opinion, but the smuggling and musical chairs arc were great :)

Random recommendation here: Deadman Wonderland, you might like it. The art style reminds me of Air Gear for some reason...
hey! Welcome to you too! Yeah ES21 is an epic sports manga series, my second favorite sports one :) (Second only to Slam Dunk of course!). My favorite character is easily Monta as somebody already earlier asked I think, and yeah I felt like the final arc was rushed too. The manga could still have ended on a good enough note at just the Christmas bowl though. I didn't feel it was necessary to go any farther, but whatever.


Actually I was planning on adding Deadman Wonderland to my 'plan to read' list, and now off your recommendation I'll definitely do it! I love Air Gears art, so if it's anything like that I'm sure I'll like it for that at least.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
You're talking about Liar Game, eh? Everyone says it's a great series and someone gave me the live-action to watch... I tried to watch it but then... I dropped it in season 2. I'm a bit bored with how it goes. There's a pattern that goes on and on. Boring.
Pattern? I suppose like this: game explanation >> play >> Akiyama and co. wins >> someone beat them >> Akiyama turns the table >> Akiyama wins. Is that what you mean? :zomg Technically, I guess so. But I think I've read somewhere that he actually lost few times in the manga? Or maybe I'm wrong.

Liar Game is also really good. Started off slow and simple though in my opinion, but the smuggling and musical chairs arc were great :)
Musical chairs! That arc was not on the live action. I wish I could see it done by the actors. :crying

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

I think the live action is a little different from the manga, has a few other games and such. The manga doesn't show much romance between Akiyama and Nao either (or at all really) so that kind of makes sense I guess :P

The manga isn't really on hiatus, more like one of its scheduled break. It always goes on break for a year or so after an arc like the one that just happened. Guess the author needs time to work on his other manga and think about how to keep LG interesting.

And yes Kururu is the name of the girl, she's from Air Gear :)
Yeah, and thinking about new games to add to the series. XD So I suppose it means that the tournament is far from finished? Or it's already Liar Game Tournament version2 or something like that? XD
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Pattern? I suppose like this: game explanation >> play >> Akiyama and co. wins >> someone beat them >> Akiyama turns the table >> Akiyama wins. Is that what you mean? :zomg Technically, I guess so. But I think I've read somewhere that he actually lost few times in the manga? Or maybe I'm wrong.
Yeah, that pattern. It happened again and again that I finally got annoyed by it. I just don't like to see a story that has a pattern (which is why I dropped Blood-C for a while. Blood-C also has a pattern.). I like unexpected things. But I don't read the manga, my dear.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
Hey Ush. You've mentioned you into Hip hop and Pop. What would the favourite artists of these two genres be at the moment, and overall?
 

Ush

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
157
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hey Ush. You've mentioned you into Hip hop and Pop. What would the favourite artists of these two genres be at the moment, and overall?
Well Hip hop/Rap yea.. my favorite artists currently are most definitely J. Cole, Lupe Fiasco :) With a little bit of Old Kanye mixed in there.
 
Top