Support How can I delete my account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akika

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I would like to delete my account.

I had previously created another account, and being told that it was against the rules to have two accounts, I asked that this account (akika) be deleted, so I could use the other one instead.

However, for some reason, they deleted the other account, even though I think I clearly told them that I wanted this one to be deleted. Anyway, I would now like to delete this account, but I can't figure out how to do this. Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
 

c_k

Global Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
904
Reaction score
1,058
Gender
Female
Country
United States
The other account was probably deleted due to the fact that we keep the older account. It IS indeed against the rules to have 2 accounts. However, if you want an account with a different name, then just go here (New Username Request Thread) and request to have this username changed to the name that you want, permitted that the name is still unchosen. Remember to Check the usernames (left side has a search function) before requesting a username change.
 

akika

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Thanks for answering my question.

However, due to this whole mess, I think I'd like to delete my account after all. I don't want to rename. Would you please tell me how to do delete this account?
 
Last edited:

Fuzzy

Post Hijacker
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
226
Gender
Male
Country
United States
OK 2 things...

First, MangaHelpers does not delete member accounts.

Second, your other account niyari was never deleted or banned.
 

akika

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
What? If that's their policy, then they should have it listed somewhere. What they told me before indicated that they DID delete accounts in some circumstances.

Anyway, even if my account wasn't deleted or banned, it doesn't matter, because it's against the rules to use it. Therefore, I guess I will keep waiting until a mod tells me what I need to do to get this account deleted.
 

Fuzzy

Post Hijacker
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
226
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What? If that's their policy, then they should have it listed somewhere.
If we had a policy that allowed member account deletion there would be an option in their profile like most other sites, the absence of that option in the profile states pretty clearly we don't allow account deletion does it not?

What they told me before indicated that they DID delete accounts in some circumstances.
We do rarely delete accounts in cases of duplicate accounts/spam accounts, mostly we end up closing off the account, what we don't do is remove accounts because members ask.

Anyway, even if my account wasn't deleted or banned, it doesn't matter, because it's against the rules to use it.
In your PMs we agreed to close down akika so you may use niyari, we just haven't gotten to closing it down yet, therefor its not against the rules to use it.

Therefore, I guess I will keep waiting until a mod tells me what I need to do to get this account deleted.
This will not happen, I am an Administrator at this site, the top level of authority. I stated we do not delete accounts.

I can even work with you about this if you quit getting worked up over nothing. I can merge akika with your other account, so it would have all the posts/PMs of your akika account.
 
Last edited:

akika

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: policies: No, I don't think it does. Simply not having an option makes people wonder if it's just somewhere else; for example, it seems to be possible for people to change their name, according to the rules, but it's not in the options screen. Putting in a FAQ does clarify the matter.

PMs: Ok, thank you for clearing that up!

I didn't know you were an administrator. I'm sorry for getting worked up, but it really wasn't clear in the PMs that that's what they were going to do.

Re: merging. No, that's fine. I would actually prefer not to merge the accounts.
 

Fuzzy

Post Hijacker
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
226
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok, if this issue has been settled ill block access to the akika account and you can start using the other account.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top