- Joined
- May 1, 2010
- Messages
- 5
- Reaction score
- 0
- Age
- 67
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Hi! I'm only vaguely familiar with the world of manga and anime. I grew up loving comic books when the only technology was the occasional use of zipatone and the half-tone process and artists like Neal Adams, Jim Aparo, and Joe Kubert were the kings of the comic book form in the United States.
I also grew up putting together model kits made by Aurora Plastics of various pop-culture figures like the Universal monsters or Marvel and DC superheroes.
My interest in anime and manga is truly in its infancy. It started when a friend invited me over to see a few animes such as Akira or films by Hayao Miyazaki. And some of the model kits I ended up buying without knowing what they were from originally made me want to see the source material for the designs.
So now, I have a problem. Seems I had been looking at a model kit of a character named Guillotinna designed by Yasushi Nirasawa for a long time and I finally bought the kit from eBay. In reading about the character, I found the backstory highly interesting and began looking for the manga for which it was based. At last, not finding any English translated versions, I just placed an order for the manga "It Doesn't Die" (aka "Doesn't") that is in its original Japanese. I'm thinking this site is the place to ask, but I'm not sure where in these fora to go to request that someone take up the job of translating this work as a future project. So, when you're saying hello back to me, point me in the right direction if you please. Who knows? The first manga I picked up could start an addiction.
I also grew up putting together model kits made by Aurora Plastics of various pop-culture figures like the Universal monsters or Marvel and DC superheroes.
My interest in anime and manga is truly in its infancy. It started when a friend invited me over to see a few animes such as Akira or films by Hayao Miyazaki. And some of the model kits I ended up buying without knowing what they were from originally made me want to see the source material for the designs.
So now, I have a problem. Seems I had been looking at a model kit of a character named Guillotinna designed by Yasushi Nirasawa for a long time and I finally bought the kit from eBay. In reading about the character, I found the backstory highly interesting and began looking for the manga for which it was based. At last, not finding any English translated versions, I just placed an order for the manga "It Doesn't Die" (aka "Doesn't") that is in its original Japanese. I'm thinking this site is the place to ask, but I'm not sure where in these fora to go to request that someone take up the job of translating this work as a future project. So, when you're saying hello back to me, point me in the right direction if you please. Who knows? The first manga I picked up could start an addiction.
To answer your question, I would suggest creating a thread for this manga over in the