Gray is extreme dumb in 100YQ to be quite fair, it really is unnerving. He won’t be touching Misaki unless he serves as Erza’s sidekick along Gajeel. Not even Laxus is ready to take on a DDSK one on one in a serious fight.
Lucy has never been portrayed as a powerhouse, in contrary she’s doing more than she’s ever done.
No way is Kiria going DF, casually Kyria would overwhelm Lucy fairly easily in normal condition, do you want your girl to die?
Btw, 5th Generation DS restrain themselves from going DF, else they go dragonified and lose control of themselves, remember Nebal do you?
I believe most of us just got swayed by how the western anime community thinks — the DBZ mentality: power level this and that.
To me, power level is an illusion, and regardless of how strong the characters are juxtaposed, it all boils down to IQ moves, which by the way how battles work IRL, you don't brawn your way in war, sparring match, etc.
If I have a gun, your martial arts skill won't matter to me because I can just shoot you. Sure it sounds like a coward's move but I am using what is available to me and you're using what is accessible to you, ring a bell? Sounds like every Slayer fight right and rock, paper, scissors match, etc.
— Like how DeSm Gray & every panel Gray has with Natsu got them as equals because it's a shtick within their universe.
Overall, I think that the power level mentality has poisoned the way our mind thinks and enjoyment, to think the Anime Community has regressed into pseudo-mathematical OBD buffoonery.
I'm no better before and I'm not trying to be a saint because I'm part of the majority that liked to talk about power levels — I am just stating my honest opinion.
Then I realized that it's the author's story, they show what they want but to give their fans a sense of false entitlement about power level is just something else along with washed character development, which I won't name drop because it can get ugly, assuming I sound like dissing your favorite.
Don't complicate ourselves lmao.
This is why I prefer other Shounen but hey like Naruto, Fairy Tail has a special place in my heart.
As for the topic, don't expect too much.
Lucy is doing well, and for Gray fans, if Mashima can turn him around in Tartarus arc and so on, he can do it again.
This should have been a weekly manga imo.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And I'm honestly just done discussing the power level stuff, I've been at it since 2010 & it's like asking how to calculate the density and mass of the universe.