Request Make translation language default english, not japanese

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
This suggestion may sound silly, but the majority are english right?
And since when have we had translations INTO JAPANESE on this site...? Far and few, no?

I guess I'm a little annoyed forgetting to change the language every time :S
 

unok-kun

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
769
Reaction score
434
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I think you're right, but you don't forget to select the series or to write the chapter number, right? It's just one more thing to select before submitting the translation. I never forget to select Spanish, and I don't think it's only because I'm an international translator.
 

kiniro

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
156
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I guess that this should work like the chapter gap, I mean that the default language gap should be empty and if you forget to change it you CAN'T submit your translation. Isn't that right? Or if this was possible would be perfect... Depending on your nationality the default language would be set.
 

unok-kun

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
769
Reaction score
434
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I guess that this should work like the chapter gap, I mean that the default language gap should be empty and if you forget to change it you CAN'T submit your translation. Isn't that right? Or if this was possible would be perfect... Depending on your nationality the default language would be set.
Well, I guess this would be better: each translator must select the language (or languages, for cases like Ju-da-su) he/she translates to. So, if the translator only translates to one language, there's no need to select a language for each translation. What do you think about that?
 

Osso

Tech
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Tech
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
392
Reaction score
156
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Yes, I'll add a box to select your language and it will default to that language. Will be ready when it's ready :p
 
Top