Discussion Massive Character rating thread

Darth Executor

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
3,871
Reaction score
2,193
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'm making a thread for people to list as many characters as they want and rate them, with a brief explanation. I'll go first:

Naruto 9/10 - I think Naruto's naive and would get rolled over instantly in real life. OTOH, his devotion to peace is infectious, so even though I think it's completely unrealistic, I can't help but fall for the Naruto magic anyway. He just makes me want to see him succeed. Only thing that keeps him from getting a 10 is that I don't really like his ninjutsu style. I prefer a diverse arsenal full of tricks like Kakashi or Sasuke.
Sasuke 7.5/10 - I like his jutsu a lot. His personality also holds some attraction. Unlike most people here I can comprehend his hatred and understand why he does what he does, even if I personally wouldn't react the same way. His being a dick sometimes is also kinda funny. However, that's where it falls apart. While his jutsu selection is near the top, his choice of wardrobe is rock bottom. Really? A giant ugly rope, bare chest, ugly sword and those ridiculous giant clown pants? Wtf. Another thing I hate is his inconsistency. He says one thing then does something non-sensical with no trace of coherence (for example, why hunt down a jinchuuriki just to get permission from madara for its power? It's like someone "generously" telling you you can eat vegetables from your own garden.
Kakashi 10/10- One of my favorite characters. Awesome jutsu, cool look, cool personality. The complete package.
Sakura 6/10 - boring jutsu. why hasn't she learned genjutsu yet? cries too much. no thanks. Bring back the sakura that fought sasori and give her genjutsu and i'll boost her to an 8.

Shikamaru 1/10 - Shikamaru brings out more rage from me than nearly everyone elseWhy? Because he was one of my favorite characters in part 1. Lazy shikamaru was hilarious and awesome. New and improved serious shikamaru is an eyesore. To see such a quirky funny character demolished is more than I can stand.
choji 7/10 - awesome jutsu, funny sometimes, but nothing special otherwise.
ino 5/10 - a more annoying sakura. uglier too. I liked the mummy wrappings. extra skanky part 2 ino, no thanks.
Asuma 7/10 - jutsu kinda bland, but I liked his personality.

Hinata 10/10 - cute, nice squishy boobies, perfect girl. what more could a fanboy ask? I don't mind shy. If I wanted an assertive loudmouth I'd date the raikage. Like half the Mangahelpers male population seems to want to if the recent chapter threads are any indication.
Shino 10/10 - cool jutsu, cool clothing, cool personality. If hinata was a dude she'd be shino.
Kiba 5/10 - the male Sakura. personality was a turn-off in part 1 and that hasn't changed. he flipped dumb looking clothing for dumb looking clothing that doesn't even make sense for a feral shinobi like him. and he RIDES A DOG! wtf?
kurenai 2/10 - looks creepy (not in a good way), dresses weird, has no personality, and only notable achievement is getting her ass kicked by the only character who looks more like a vampire than she does.

Gai 10/10 - Funniest character in the manga. The scene where he gives Kakashi a thumbs-up during the chuunin exams is priceless (might be anime only, I dunno). his personality overpowers his somewhat weird clothing and bland ninjutsu enough to still earn a 10.
Lee 7/10 - less funny than gai, looked really weird without a chuunin vest. still a funny character though and you gotta admire his dedication.
neji 7/10 - less funny than lee. has no personality. he looks cool and i like the byakugan and juuken so he gets something of a pass.
ten ten 5/10 - who?

Hashirama 10/10 - He is to ninjutsu what gai is to humor. His power is so overwhelming it completely stomps out the lack of any knowledge regarding his personality (which seems similar to minato based on his lamenting of yet more war when oro brought him back). mokuton is really cool though, as is commanding bijuu and genjutsu's always a plus in my book.
tobirama 8/10 - smartass. i like smartasses. I also like his water laser which is why he ranks so high.
sarutobi 7/10 - cool jutsu, and he's too nice to really dislike. however, he allowed danzou to walk all over him with the uchiha discrimination and massacre, and let oro go only to have him cause much greater pain to konoha later. actions have consequences, including overindulgence of evil.
Minato 7/10 - naruto with a bigger head and minus the charm.

Gaara 9/10 - cool clothing, cool jutsu, and a quiet yet still a dick personalty go well together.
Kankurou 7/10 - ridiculous clothing. his puppets pale before chiyo and sasori's. adding sasori to his arsenal is the only reason why he's a 7.
Temari 7/10 - jutsu are acceptable. her arrogance and cruelty is unattractive though (she reminds me of one of my aunts). damn fine legs though

Tsunade 6/10 - meaner sakura. not sure that's an improvement.
Jiraiya 8/10 - don't really like frogs, but other than that he's funny, cool and strong.
Orochimaru 10/10 - one of the best villains ever made. sadism, lust for power, unrepentant, un-remorseful evil. Perfect. I wish he was still around.

Pain 10/10 - pre-sissy nagato, also one of the best villains ever made. Like sasuke and to a lesser extent, gaara, his arrogance and being a dick improves his character rather than retract from it. Also has some pretty quotable material.
Nagato 1/10 - would be higher but he ruined pain.
Konan 1/10 - useless. i also have an irrational hatred of her. I dunno why. I think it's that lower lip piercing that gets me.
Tobi ?/10 - the ? doesn't mean i refuse to rate him or i don't know what I want to rate him. his rating is literally ?/10 because his mystery and the heated debate surrounding him is second to none.
Deidara 7/10 - i like explosions. A lot. especially when someone yells "katsu" before they go "boom". looks too much like a girl for my taste though. don't like all the mouths he has on him either, and his art talk annoys me.
Sasori 9/10 - creepy factor above orochimaru's (in a good way). that alone earns him a 9. his massive strength and twisted ninjutsu don't hurt either.
Itachi 9/10 - his absolutely cool aesthetics and ninjutsu are marred by poor decisions. why the hell turn sasuke into a revenge seeking machine? it makes no sense. that's about the only poor planning I can think that he made.
Kisame 9/10 - his voice in the anime is second to none. He has a giant sword (which I like) and he uses big flashy jutsu (which I also like).
Hidan 9/10 - psycho. coolest weapon in the manga. rivals tobi as funniest villain in the manga.
Kakuzu 9/10 - not as funny as hidan, but he has his own moments. His earth transformation jutsu is awesome, and like kakashi his arsenal of various jutsu is impressive. Too bad he had no genjutsu, or he'd be a 10 for sure.

That's it for now, I might do more later.
 

Smokes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2009
Messages
1,108
Reaction score
1,166
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Exodi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
2,213
Reaction score
1,304
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

ashher

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
3,206
Reaction score
1,967
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Bangladesh
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Last edited:
Top