Battle - Nen aura attack | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Nen aura attack

ssunlimited

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
What is that Nen aura attack that Hisoka used to attack Gon and Killua when they tried passing the corridor but couldn't, before they learned Ten? The same attack that Wing used to destroy a wall. He called it Hatsu. But what is that pure aura attack? Emission of Nen? I think the same but a good, gentle way to open up the shokos that Wing did on Gon and Killua.

The Invertroid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that wasn't actually an attack, but Hisoka using the intensity of his aura to intimidate Gon and Killua so much that it felt like they were being physically blocked, but it was all in their mind. Kind of like how Wing used his aura to freak Killua out so much that he had to jump back all the way across the room. After seeing a face like this, I don't blame him.

Then again, I'm really not an expert on the intricacies of Nen, so it's entirely likely that I'm completely wrong about this. That's why I love the way Togashi made Nen so different from other typical shonen energy forces like Ki and chakra. It's so complex that you really have to pay attention to grasp all its ins and outs.

---------- Post added June 18, 2013 at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was June 15, 2013 at 11:50 PM ----------

Surely someone here has a better answer to the OP's question than me? I find it hard to believe that mine was completely correct.

Last edited:

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hisoka's aura was basically just a very weak aura attack (he's only projecting it with negative thoughts) but since Gon and Killua had no familiarity with aura they can't handle it at all.

Additionally Hisoka's aura has a certain kind of negative energy to it just for who he is. It's something even people more powerful than him do not have.