- Joined
- Apr 13, 2006
- Messages
- 1,294
- Reaction score
- 815
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Happy days, early spoilers followed by Thursdays release, can’t remember getting chapters out this early and because of it I can write my earliest one piece review hope you guys enjoy.
Well after 7 chapters this is the second colour spread featuring all the strawhat members. It’s a nice contrast to the previous colour spread the crew are happy and together, and it seems to be up-to-date, with zoro wearing glasses a nice added touch I must say. Banana watermelons, my two least favourite fruits combined, they do look quite tasty and eaten over a nice game of cards perfect, I love seeing the crew like this and I'm looking forward to their reunion.
The chapter begins wonderfully with luffy declaring gear second, the people watching even sonia and marygold are mystified by the steam coming out of luffy’s body. The two sisters after witnessing luffy’s burst of haki can’t help but show apprehension in their faces. They talk themselves calm, and Sonia begins the attack. It’s seems like luffy is releasing haki judging from what sonia says, but with his lack of control is it really going to be useless to him?
Well sensing that they maybe starting to loose, Sonia starts what seems to be her ultimate technique but how will luffy fare against it?
That’s luffy for you even with little control the influence of his haki seems to have enough effect on the battle, or it could be the plain speed of gear two as sonia says too fast for her too counter. It seems to be the latter, as sonia says so herself followed by luffy who slams her into the ground, seems like there are different types rather than levels of haki as sonia doesn’t seem to be able to use the defensive haki her sister marygold uses.
Well after knocking Sonia out cold Marygold makes her move, luffy easily dodges and attacks, Marygolds haki defence is completely useless to luffys gear 2 jet bazooka. I can’t imagine that the strength of luffy’s gear 2 is completely overpowering marygold without any influence of his own haki, I think luffy’s own haki flowing out uncontrollably is helping luffy if only slightly to restore the balance.
What a complete turn around from the events of last chapter, luffy seemingly without hassle is dealing with these two sisters just like how they dealt with him a chapter ago. Even with luffy’s haki outburst boa seems to think that her two sisters should still be beating luffy. The two sisters after hearing boa talk react and begin to pull their two strongest techniques on luffy, two attacks which have already failed.
The attack that took out luuci, the sisters managed to stay awake that’s quite good, the double page was just a great scene, the burning flames of marygold and the illusions of sonia failed under the power of luffy. The reactions of the crowd as the two fall before the king (I call him king due to his haki ^__^).
Luffy couldn’t leave it at just that, he tried his hand at tying snakes ups, I hate to admit it but that’s one neat bow lol.
As the flames of marygold seem to burn her sister luffy stands in front of the two sisters claiming victory. Luffy’s smile says it all this fights over. As the two sisters untangle themselves Sonia still burning after coming into contact with her sisters makes her way to the spikes, in her confusion close to falling in. She stops herself but her clothes on her back have burnt away and now reveal her secret. Luffy seeing this quickly covers her back before anyone else see’s it including us the readers.
The women in the crowd ignorant to what luffy’s doing think he’s trying to deliver a killer blow, even Sonia doesn’t realise at first, it’s up to marygold to tell her sister that she’s at the mercy of luffy. Luffy remembers boa comments and knows how important the sisters want to hide their secret. But what really got me in the whole sequence of scenes was marygold saying that luffy was actually protecting them. How bad is the symbol on the 3 sister’s back which makes her use the word protecting. Man I really want to see it, yet I also want to get more explanation on haki and other events. Oda’s done well in my opinion of keeping the interest in a 7 chapter mini arc secret, something I’m sure that will be brought back to the main storyline, at first I didn’t believe the symbol was a whitebeard pirate symbol, but it’s the only thing at the moment which seems to make sense as to why luffy knows what it is as well.
Well after realising what’s going on Boa orders the women of the island to leave the arena, them leaving is now leading up to some good old revelations probably in the next chapter. Now looking at boa tears and it’s easy to say boa is actually completely happy and moved by luffy’s act, but as I said in the section “disappointed sister” I think these are tears of shame and disgust. I think she hates the fact her sisters lost and also that luffy has cover up for their shame. I think she’s disgusted and I think next chapter we will be seeing screams of anger at luffy and her sisters. Imagine it, your pride as a women warrior on an island of only women to have to rely on a man, it must be stomach churning for a women like boa.
I can also see that it could be he changing to a more normal person but my gut instinct tells me that she’s angry.
Overall Rating
Well a nice fighting chapter, I do admit I’m disappointed with after last week not getting any sort of information about haki, but the chapter was a good build up to what I think should be a great revelation chapter next week
8 out of 10
Great colour spread and great scenes looking forward to next week
Prediction
Boa going to have a scream of hate and maybe a flashback which reveals what’s really on these girls back
Well your comments and views on the chapter are great to read and comments of improvements are appreciated.
Colour spread time
Well after 7 chapters this is the second colour spread featuring all the strawhat members. It’s a nice contrast to the previous colour spread the crew are happy and together, and it seems to be up-to-date, with zoro wearing glasses a nice added touch I must say. Banana watermelons, my two least favourite fruits combined, they do look quite tasty and eaten over a nice game of cards perfect, I love seeing the crew like this and I'm looking forward to their reunion.
You do have a point
The chapter begins wonderfully with luffy declaring gear second, the people watching even sonia and marygold are mystified by the steam coming out of luffy’s body. The two sisters after witnessing luffy’s burst of haki can’t help but show apprehension in their faces. They talk themselves calm, and Sonia begins the attack. It’s seems like luffy is releasing haki judging from what sonia says, but with his lack of control is it really going to be useless to him?
Well sensing that they maybe starting to loose, Sonia starts what seems to be her ultimate technique but how will luffy fare against it?
Quite easily it seems
That’s luffy for you even with little control the influence of his haki seems to have enough effect on the battle, or it could be the plain speed of gear two as sonia says too fast for her too counter. It seems to be the latter, as sonia says so herself followed by luffy who slams her into the ground, seems like there are different types rather than levels of haki as sonia doesn’t seem to be able to use the defensive haki her sister marygold uses.
Over powering Luffy
Well after knocking Sonia out cold Marygold makes her move, luffy easily dodges and attacks, Marygolds haki defence is completely useless to luffys gear 2 jet bazooka. I can’t imagine that the strength of luffy’s gear 2 is completely overpowering marygold without any influence of his own haki, I think luffy’s own haki flowing out uncontrollably is helping luffy if only slightly to restore the balance.
Disappointed Sister
What a complete turn around from the events of last chapter, luffy seemingly without hassle is dealing with these two sisters just like how they dealt with him a chapter ago. Even with luffy’s haki outburst boa seems to think that her two sisters should still be beating luffy. The two sisters after hearing boa talk react and begin to pull their two strongest techniques on luffy, two attacks which have already failed.
The Power of the strawhat
The attack that took out luuci, the sisters managed to stay awake that’s quite good, the double page was just a great scene, the burning flames of marygold and the illusions of sonia failed under the power of luffy. The reactions of the crowd as the two fall before the king (I call him king due to his haki ^__^).
Luffy couldn’t leave it at just that, he tried his hand at tying snakes ups, I hate to admit it but that’s one neat bow lol.
Victory
As the flames of marygold seem to burn her sister luffy stands in front of the two sisters claiming victory. Luffy’s smile says it all this fights over. As the two sisters untangle themselves Sonia still burning after coming into contact with her sisters makes her way to the spikes, in her confusion close to falling in. She stops herself but her clothes on her back have burnt away and now reveal her secret. Luffy seeing this quickly covers her back before anyone else see’s it including us the readers.
Luffy’s help
The women in the crowd ignorant to what luffy’s doing think he’s trying to deliver a killer blow, even Sonia doesn’t realise at first, it’s up to marygold to tell her sister that she’s at the mercy of luffy. Luffy remembers boa comments and knows how important the sisters want to hide their secret. But what really got me in the whole sequence of scenes was marygold saying that luffy was actually protecting them. How bad is the symbol on the 3 sister’s back which makes her use the word protecting. Man I really want to see it, yet I also want to get more explanation on haki and other events. Oda’s done well in my opinion of keeping the interest in a 7 chapter mini arc secret, something I’m sure that will be brought back to the main storyline, at first I didn’t believe the symbol was a whitebeard pirate symbol, but it’s the only thing at the moment which seems to make sense as to why luffy knows what it is as well.
Tears of Disgust or Tears of joy
Well after realising what’s going on Boa orders the women of the island to leave the arena, them leaving is now leading up to some good old revelations probably in the next chapter. Now looking at boa tears and it’s easy to say boa is actually completely happy and moved by luffy’s act, but as I said in the section “disappointed sister” I think these are tears of shame and disgust. I think she hates the fact her sisters lost and also that luffy has cover up for their shame. I think she’s disgusted and I think next chapter we will be seeing screams of anger at luffy and her sisters. Imagine it, your pride as a women warrior on an island of only women to have to rely on a man, it must be stomach churning for a women like boa.
I can also see that it could be he changing to a more normal person but my gut instinct tells me that she’s angry.
Overall Rating
Well a nice fighting chapter, I do admit I’m disappointed with after last week not getting any sort of information about haki, but the chapter was a good build up to what I think should be a great revelation chapter next week
8 out of 10
Great colour spread and great scenes looking forward to next week
Prediction
Boa going to have a scream of hate and maybe a flashback which reveals what’s really on these girls back
Well your comments and views on the chapter are great to read and comments of improvements are appreciated.