Discussion Outside beasts

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France
Do you think that main characters will have familiars? It seems cliche but i noticed that Togashi drawn many times main characters with some animals.

Especially Kurapika who is always seen with a bird.

And finally we have this picture:

 

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2007
Messages
6,406
Reaction score
4,075
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't know why, but I never related an ostrich with a bird. Silly me, I know, but what someone can do. :P
And I hope that the beats there don't work as familiars, actually. I like diversity in Togashi world, but so far all the "familiars" are related directly to Nen. I would hate if there is a new system regarding those.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
What in the world is a familiar? How does it relate to animals and how does it relate to Hunter x Hunter? Please explain
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,716
Reaction score
61,438
Gender
Male
Country
France
A "familiar" is a pet. It's very common to see them in adventure manga like Pokemon and Toriko for example.
 

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Nah, that's just what Togashi likes to draw. Especially early on (like volume covers 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6) when the whole "a good Hunter is always good with animals" thing was mentioned more often, especially with reference to Gon and his background.
 
Top