Suspicious Point #1
Ok, I finally got around to investigating a story point that caught my attention recently.
Why build a ship that looks like that? Why not just use other deep sea ships that they have plenty of? I think there is a very good reason for using a design that looks something like that. They are on a world much larger than ours, so when they get farther away from the Earth-like continents, they will get some very un-Earth-like weather. They will probably pass through bands of differing weather, North and South of the relatively calm belt that they live in. The best way to visualize it is to check out Jupiter's belts.
We actually have the Jetstream here on our Earth, which separates weather north and south of it into different climates. It's a little messed up right now because of climate change but generally it runs east-west.
Now, the wind speeds shouldn't be as high as Jupiter's since Jupiter rotates once every 10 hours or so, (not to mention it's mostly Hydrogen instead of air) but they will end up being higher than our Earth's wind speed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Whale ship closes up on top, or maybe even can submerge. It kinda looks that way to me.
I think the travelers can expect a rough voyage.
Suspicious Point #2
I think the design has been used before and passed down!
That's Whale Island!
I always thought it was just a strangely formed volcanic island... But maybe not!
It should be way bigger than the Whale Ship as it has complete ecosystems including large predators. You also can't see the town or houses easily (or even at all in any of it's pictures), so they have to be relatively insignificant in size.
I wonder if it was created to look like an ancient Whale Ship or if it actually was an ancient whale ship. If so, is there is anything inside the island?
I wonder if the Whale Ship design rings any bells with Gon or Ging?? In terms of the outline, they are almost identical. The new ship seems to be missing a tail. Doesn't bode well for maneuverability.
Ok, I finally got around to investigating a story point that caught my attention recently.
Why build a ship that looks like that? Why not just use other deep sea ships that they have plenty of? I think there is a very good reason for using a design that looks something like that. They are on a world much larger than ours, so when they get farther away from the Earth-like continents, they will get some very un-Earth-like weather. They will probably pass through bands of differing weather, North and South of the relatively calm belt that they live in. The best way to visualize it is to check out Jupiter's belts.
We actually have the Jetstream here on our Earth, which separates weather north and south of it into different climates. It's a little messed up right now because of climate change but generally it runs east-west.
Now, the wind speeds shouldn't be as high as Jupiter's since Jupiter rotates once every 10 hours or so, (not to mention it's mostly Hydrogen instead of air) but they will end up being higher than our Earth's wind speed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Whale ship closes up on top, or maybe even can submerge. It kinda looks that way to me.
I think the travelers can expect a rough voyage.
Suspicious Point #2
I think the design has been used before and passed down!
I always thought it was just a strangely formed volcanic island... But maybe not!
It should be way bigger than the Whale Ship as it has complete ecosystems including large predators. You also can't see the town or houses easily (or even at all in any of it's pictures), so they have to be relatively insignificant in size.
I wonder if it was created to look like an ancient Whale Ship or if it actually was an ancient whale ship. If so, is there is anything inside the island?
I wonder if the Whale Ship design rings any bells with Gon or Ging?? In terms of the outline, they are almost identical. The new ship seems to be missing a tail. Doesn't bode well for maneuverability.
.