Support - Thank this post / Like this post buttons not appearing | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Support Thank this post / Like this post buttons not appearing

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Every now and then the "thank this post" and "like this post" buttons do not show for me. Refreshing the page does not always solve this, some times it takes a while for them to show again.
It may be a loading problem or something while rendering the page, but...

I'm using Google Chrome in Win 7. I keep my account logged in at all times. This also happened when using Safari in iOS 6.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Weird, never happened to me with Firefox. Next time it happens, view page source on Chrome, copy/paste it to pastebin.com (Syntax Highlighting="HTML" & Paste Exposure="Unlisted") and send the link to me by PM. I'm not sure it's a problem that can be fixed since Chrome has proved itself to be a very incompatible browser every now and then but I'll still have a look at it.

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Sorry to bump this slightly old thread, although I've experienced some of the same, but more like whole aspects of the website not appearing.
This happened when my computer broke and I did send it back for warrenty, and therefore used a computer which hasn't been used for a good year time.
I updated everything, all from security to Java, to Firefox (The browser I use on both computers), and windows itself, well, everything.
I cleaned the browser data, temp files etc. a couple of times etc.
Well, basically one big swoop of cleanup & updates on all aspects in the machine, and yet it still happened.

If you ask my opinion, I think it's related in how well the computer is able to speak with the routor/modem in ones house, for example a rundown OS system and driver issues might make it loose some packages, and therefore break the load from www.mangahelpers.com

Heavy websites like this, with a lot of scripts and what not to load, will probably have some issues with a bad communication with a routor/modem.

Never saw any light of any half loaded mangahelper website when I got my other computer back from broken hardware warrenty, so yeah, there's that, I suspect driver issues.

But who knows, it's not an area I have focussed on for many years, so I'm only suspecting.

Txapeldun

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Hi there! I have a similar problem since a couple of days. I can see the Thank/like buttons but when I click nothing happens. It doesn't work neither in my Windows 8 Toshiba nor in my Galaxy SIII. Anyone, any clue?

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
When you click on this link, do you see garbled code which has

/*! jQuery v1.10.2 | (c) 2005, 2013 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license
on the first line? If your browsers can't download javascript libraries or something is preventing proper javascript functionality on your browsers, such a thing may happen. If you can see the code on the link I mentioned, can you view the page on a different browser on your laptop and test thank/like buttons?

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm using FF25 on OSX 10.6.8 (& sometimes Chrome but I can't remember the version or whether I've even had this issue on that browser). I can always see the thank/like buttons, but sometimes clicking on them doesn't do anything. Especially if I clicked one by accident and want to *unlike* or *unthank* something. Usually refreshing solves it though...

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Immediately clicking unlike/unthank after giving a like/thank doesn't work, it's a known limitation of the plugin. In such cases, refreshing the page is necessary.

RinGO321227

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I'm having the same problem here. I tried updating java but still the same problem. What should I do?

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

When you click on this link, do you see garbled code which has

on the first line? If your browsers can't download javascript libraries or something is preventing proper javascript functionality on your browsers, such a thing may happen. If you can see the code on the link I mentioned, can you view the page on a different browser on your laptop and test thank/like buttons?
I have tried this but the problem is still the same T_T

RinGO321227

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Last edited:

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
It seems this is a new issue, there are posts you thanked/liked one week ago. I don't recall doing something that may break thanks/likes last week, I'll ask other techs about it though.