- Joined
- Jul 22, 2007
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Age
- 38
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Hi guys! Recently I've been thinking quite a lot about the actual process and software involved in adapting manga for a local market. And so far I can't really name any software tool that companies use to adjust the "raw" manga provided by japanese copyright holders. Why do I need that all of a sudden? Well, here (in Ukraine) we don't have any manga AT ALL. You'll never find one in any bookstore or just any store you come across. And that's sad. And hopefully one day I may create and operate a manga publishing company. But before I do that, it's essential be able to do what that job requires to some extent. And I mean not be like a 1-man company, but to understand all the steps in the production.
To cut the long story short - does anyone have any idea what software is involved in publishing manga (mirroring it, putting the text and effects and etc.) on Windows, Mac or Linux? I'd also appreciate any other peculiarities concerning the whole workflow, acquiring the license and stuff like that.
Hopefully, I asked it in the right place, cause, frankly, I don't know where on the internet people know how to create and edit manga better than on MH.
To cut the long story short - does anyone have any idea what software is involved in publishing manga (mirroring it, putting the text and effects and etc.) on Windows, Mac or Linux? I'd also appreciate any other peculiarities concerning the whole workflow, acquiring the license and stuff like that.
Hopefully, I asked it in the right place, cause, frankly, I don't know where on the internet people know how to create and edit manga better than on MH.