- Joined
- Dec 1, 2005
- Messages
- 146
- Reaction score
- 1
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
Many authors and artists in the United States are putting up tip jars on their sites. It's becoming a way for fans to vote on what they like and what they want to see more of.
In some instances this is becoming a successful business model. As far as content distribution goes, it follows the iTunes pay-for-one-song model. Plus, PayPal and companies like it are international and make tipping uncomplicated.
Is there a way for MangaHelpers to include a link to a mangaka's tip jar? I can't read Japanese, so I can't tell whether a mangaka has a tip jar at all, and until the manga itself comes out in English, I would have no way of knowing how to send compensation for the outstanding material these people are putting out.
When it comes out in English I can buy the manga, but what if the manga fails because nobody in Japan (or Taiwan or China or S. Korea) knows what a large following that title is accumulating in Western countries?
Besides, y'know, paying the artist is a good karma thing.
Just a thought . . .
z.
(a generous tipper)
In some instances this is becoming a successful business model. As far as content distribution goes, it follows the iTunes pay-for-one-song model. Plus, PayPal and companies like it are international and make tipping uncomplicated.
Is there a way for MangaHelpers to include a link to a mangaka's tip jar? I can't read Japanese, so I can't tell whether a mangaka has a tip jar at all, and until the manga itself comes out in English, I would have no way of knowing how to send compensation for the outstanding material these people are putting out.
When it comes out in English I can buy the manga, but what if the manga fails because nobody in Japan (or Taiwan or China or S. Korea) knows what a large following that title is accumulating in Western countries?
Besides, y'know, paying the artist is a good karma thing.
Just a thought . . .
z.
(a generous tipper)