Question Trouble with Strangely-numbered chapters + Special chapter uploads

rebmastu

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 30, 2008
Messages
40
Reaction score
35
Gender
Female
Country
United States
How do we upload chapters which have no chronological numbering system? For instance, D.N.Angel splits major story arcs into parts, and chronologically numbers each chapter within those separate parts. (Namely Stage 1 vol 1, 2, 3, etc.; stage 2 vol 1, 2, 3, etc; and stage 3 vol 1, 2, 3, etc; Essentially part 1 chapter 1, chapter 2, chapter 3; part 2 chapter 1, etc.) How should I name these chapter with the releases?

I'm having a somewhat related issue with omakes, as well. How can I name those if, as above, I can't specify the chapter number to place its continuity? That, and there are a BILLION D.N.Angel omake chapters that have come before this, but I'd have absolutely no idea how to go about counting them all up, plus I run the risk of confusing the readers... Uh, not like they aren't confused already. It IS a pretty whacked-up numbering system. I wouldn't have as much of a problem if I could just name it. (This one, for instance, is simply titled "Argentine Special.")

Thanks for any help/advice. ^^
 

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
1,602
Reaction score
3,206
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Hi there! We've been refining the chapter numbering problem. Take a look at this thread and give us your suggestions. It'll help if you could give some examples of how you think the numbering could be done for D.N.Angel in this instance.

Perhaps the only thing you can do is to label them by their magazine issue, if you want to keep continuity.
 
Top