- Joined
- Jun 13, 2012
- Messages
- 2,153
- Reaction score
- 1,186
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
Hunter x Hunter isn't a forgiving manga. Under its veil of a happy-go-lucky shounen protagonist going on adventures with his friends, we've seen images and scenes that have shocked us, disgusted us, and made us wonder how the hell the anime (and manga) got away with showing this in a Sunday morning timeslot (in Shounen Jump).
What scenes do you think are the most unsettling, from the manga or anime or both? I'd have to say the mandog scene takes the cake for me. It was already pretty gruesome in the manga, but the animation and audio given to it in the anime only exacerbated it for me.
The Pokkle scene was actually worse for me in the manga since Madhouse omitted some minor scenes from that--but still pretty bad.
Hisoka scenes are mostly amusing for me, but I can see where they'd be unsettling for some.
What scenes do you think are the most unsettling, from the manga or anime or both? I'd have to say the mandog scene takes the cake for me. It was already pretty gruesome in the manga, but the animation and audio given to it in the anime only exacerbated it for me.
The Pokkle scene was actually worse for me in the manga since Madhouse omitted some minor scenes from that--but still pretty bad.
Hisoka scenes are mostly amusing for me, but I can see where they'd be unsettling for some.
