Discussion Vows and how to beat Komugi

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
So, I was reading parts of the manga again (like I do every few months :mono) and I'm thinking could post rose meruem finally take a game out of komugi given plenty of time?
We know the reason why komugi is seemingly unbeatable at gungi is because of a nen vow, she puts her life on the line. This is a Gon vs Pitou situation.
So, as smart as meruem was, will he be able to beat the vow or the vow itself will keep getting komugi as good as it needs to keep winning?
If you can't beat komugi by your wit alone (even if you are beyond human levels of inteligence) Do you need to create a vow bigger than hers?
Like putting your life in line for just one game, instead of all the games you can play without losing. Will that be enough?

What do you guys think you need to do in order to defeat komugi at her own game?

Ps: sorry if this is hard to read, I'm rusty with my english 😿
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
Sure, she vowed to kill herself, but her ability must simply enhance her Gungi skills. Even during one of their final matches she was growing. I don't think it's possible to beat her in this, unless you can grow at a rate fast enough to keep up or without analyzing her habits in order to defeat her.

Meruem's analysis skills grew by playing with her and yet he couldn't defeat her. I don't think he would use it, but with the ability to read emotions and stuff he got after eating Pouf and Youpi, I could see him beating her.
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Sure, she vowed to kill herself, but her ability must simply enhance her Gungi skills. Even during one of their final matches she was growing. I don't think it's possible to beat her in this, unless you can grow at a rate fast enough to keep up or without analyzing her habits in order to defeat her.

Meruem's analysis skills grew by playing with her and yet he couldn't defeat her. I don't think he would use it, but with the ability to read emotions and stuff he got after eating Pouf and Youpi, I could see him beating her.
I have to agree.
Is crazy to me that meruem can't top that, he is supposed to be so much better at anything, but i guess komugi situation is rather unique.
Let's say she lived her entire life playing gungi, became a world champion and on top of that she has one of the strongest nen vows.
I wonder if given the right conditions you can also have a fighter that can beat meruem in straight 1v1 without losing his life afterwards (adult gon case)
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Netero: Just do what I do and cheat.
See if I move the pieces she'll never know!

Komugi: I'm blind. Not death or stupid.

Mereum: Please leave at once

Netero: heehee oh I get it. Later

Mereum: :mad
 

Copy Panda

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
4,535
Reaction score
21,783
Gender
Female
Country
China
Sure, she vowed to kill herself, but her ability must simply enhance her Gungi skills. Even during one of their final matches she was growing. I don't think it's possible to beat her in this, unless you can grow at a rate fast enough to keep up or without analyzing her habits in order to defeat her.

Meruem's analysis skills grew by playing with her and yet he couldn't defeat her. I don't think he would use it, but with the ability to read emotions and stuff he got after eating Pouf and Youpi, I could see him beating her.
hmmm I don't think she's emotional at all when she makes her moves or even leaves a moment for the opponent to anticipate her move before they make their own
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,138
Reaction score
1,886
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Sure, she vowed to kill herself, but her ability must simply enhance her Gungi skills. Even during one of their final matches she was growing. I don't think it's possible to beat her in this, unless you can grow at a rate fast enough to keep up or without analyzing her habits in order to defeat her.

Meruem's analysis skills grew by playing with her and yet he couldn't defeat her. I don't think he would use it, but with the ability to read emotions and stuff he got after eating Pouf and Youpi, I could see him beating her.
I’m led to believe she would still outplay/grow past her emotions being read.

I think it’s nigh impossible to defeat Komugi who lived to play Gungi, literally she’s dedicated her entire existence to being a Grandmaster Of Gungi to support her family.

Her desire to play Gungi & win/ find a way to win every-time turned into a nen ability is more than likely unbeatable unless a stronger vow is made. Or if Meruem gained an ability to negate Komugi’s infinite Gungi
 

Kanmuru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2014
Messages
515
Reaction score
743
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I’m led to believe she would still outplay/grow past her emotions being read.

I think it’s nigh impossible to defeat Komugi who lived to play Gungi, literally she’s dedicated her entire existence to being a Grandmaster Of Gungi to support her family.

Her desire to play Gungi & win/ find a way to win every-time turned into a nen ability is more than likely unbeatable unless a stronger vow is made. Or if Meruem gained an ability to negate Komugi’s infinite Gungi
Yeah, that was my original question, how much of a strong vow do you need to beat her and even then, will you?
I mean, she is prepared to die IF she loses the match, what about being ready to die just for a single match, will that be enough?
Anyways I'm beyond amazed by this girls capabilities, not even post rose meruem managed to beat her
 
Top