Question What is googleapis.com used for?

anonym9191

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Hi,

I just found out that for useing the Filter for the Mangas (if you e.g. want to just let it display all "One Piece" files) in e.g. [Eng]Edited Mangas you have to activate JavaScript for the site googleapis.com (if you use NoScript Extension for Firefox - like I do)

However, previously it was enough to just allow mangahelpers.com to get this to work.

So why does it now require googleapis.com?

Maybe it would also be a good idea to add a small button for changing the selection without having to activate JavaScript at all.
 
Last edited:

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
I'm no tech, so I'm just quoting google:

google-san said:
What are the AJAX APIs?

Google's AJAX APIs let you implement rich, dynamic web sites entirely in JavaScript and HTML. You can add a map to your site, a dynamic search box, or download feeds with just a few lines of JavaScript.

API stands for "Application Programming Interface". Notice the dynamic search box, I'm guessing that's what's used. I hope that was a good enough enough answer ;) (also to be honest, I'm no sure myself :p)
 
Last edited:

anonym9191

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 4, 2008
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Actually, I would have suggested that too - as that is more or less what APIs are used for :)
However, I wondered that it worked without allowing googleapis.com before.
However, maybe it was previously hosted on mangahelpers.com too and now they only link to the one on googleapis.com - or I had to allow it previously too and just forgot that I had (though somehow I don't believe that :) ).
 

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 30, 2006
Messages
5,662
Reaction score
299
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
No, you're right, it worked without allowing googleapis.com before...
It's just more convenient to link it from googleapis for us currently. It might go back to being locally hosted, but that's something we have to see in the future.

And it's the jquery files that's being linked. ^^
 
Top