Discussion Where does Kurapika go from here?

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
So as manga readers will know from chapter 339 we see that Kurapika has redeemed the eyes of his brethren and is performing what appears to be a funeral like ritual for the deceased Kurta clan members.

Now that he has redeemed his clan's eyes, where does he go from here? Kurapika's goal was to reclaim their eyes, now that he has done that, what is left for him? Does he allow his rage to fade or does he set his eyes on the Troupe to finish of his vengeance?

Here is my idea of what needs to be addressed with Kurapika. Now that he has the eyes Kurapika could either go one way or the other. He could simply just aim to kill the rest of the Troupe or he can try to give up on his vengeance after having redeemed his clans eyes. Obviously if he tried to give up this vengeance it wont matter as the Troupe is still after him due to his hijinks in Yorknew. With Chrollo most likely healed now from Abengane's exorcism, it seems to be only a matter of time before Chrollo looks to get even with the man who killed his nakama and imprisoned his nen for so long.

On a little bit of a side note I think its interesting to point out the recurring notion of the phone ringing but Kurapika doesn't pick up. It shows that Kurapika is no longer connected with his friends. He has created a disconnect between them and him.

Well anyways I pose the question to you, where does Kurapika go from here? Let me know what you thinK!
 

riniloves

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
224
Reaction score
179
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
he needs 36 pairs (there are only 10 in 339)... kurapika had a long way to go... But if you ask... I

I think he got those eyes (bargained ) - the recent Chimera Ant Arc might have an impact on economy... I dont know how wide the scale is the attack of the Ants to inner continent... But ... 340 pretty much sum up everything... The need for resources... Everyone in that world are affected... That's why they (the people) wanted so hard to get there (Dark continent)... people from Ryuusengai will be there ... just look how devastated they are... and wherever there is treasure, genei ryodan will be there... and Kurapika might follow?
 

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2012
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
1,186
Gender
Female
Country
United States
My prediction is he'll somehow find a way to the Dark Continent in search of his brethren's eyes. I suspect we'll see him in the next arc somewhere. How he'll interact with Gon (who I'm assuming will also make his way to the Dark Continent) I'm still not sure of.

Later on I think we'll have the Genei Ryodan showdown with Kurapika involved, but for right now, I think he's focused on getting the eyes back.
 

bambinarubata

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
12
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
So as manga readers will know from chapter 339 we see that Kurapika has redeemed the eyes of his brethren and is performing what appears to be a funeral like ritual for the deceased Kurta clan members.

Now that he has redeemed his clan's eyes, where does he go from here? Kurapika's goal was to reclaim their eyes, now that he has done that, what is left for him? Does he allow his rage to fade or does he set his eyes on the Troupe to finish of his vengeance?

Here is my idea of what needs to be addressed with Kurapika. Now that he has the eyes Kurapika could either go one way or the other. He could simply just aim to kill the rest of the Troupe or he can try to give up on his vengeance after having redeemed his clans eyes. Obviously if he tried to give up this vengeance it wont matter as the Troupe is still after him due to his hijinks in Yorknew. With Chrollo most likely healed now from Abengane's exorcism, it seems to be only a matter of time before Chrollo looks to get even with the man who killed his nakama and imprisoned his nen for so long.

On a little bit of a side note I think its interesting to point out the recurring notion of the phone ringing but Kurapika doesn't pick up. It shows that Kurapika is no longer connected with his friends. He has created a disconnect between them and him.

Well anyways I pose the question to you, where does Kurapika go from here? Let me know what you thinK!
Nobunaga wants to kill Kurapika ... I think the Genei Ryodan you'll want to avenge him in the future (for killing Ubo). The next goal of Kurapika could be killing spiders.

---------- Post added at 05:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 AM ----------

he needs 36 pairs (there are only 10 in 339)... kurapika had a long way to go... But if you ask... I

I think he got those eyes (bargained ) - the recent Chimera Ant Arc might have an impact on economy... I dont know how wide the scale is the attack of the Ants to inner continent... But ... 340 pretty much sum up everything... The need for resources... Everyone in that world are affected... That's why they (the people) wanted so hard to get there (Dark continent)... people from Ryuusengai will be there ... just look how devastated they are... and wherever there is treasure, genei ryodan will be there... and Kurapika might follow?
I agree with you. E 'likely that Kurapika travels to Ryuusengai to reach the Spiders.

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

My prediction is he'll somehow find a way to the Dark Continent in search of his brethren's eyes. I suspect we'll see him in the next arc somewhere. How he'll interact with Gon (who I'm assuming will also make his way to the Dark Continent) I'm still not sure of.

Later on I think we'll have the Genei Ryodan showdown with Kurapika involved, but for right now, I think he's focused on getting the eyes back.
I hope you're right
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm rather wondering HOW he got the eyes in the first place.

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this way but I like for Kurapika and the Spiders to NOT meet.

Instead I want Gyro to take over Meteor City and the Spiders to fight...and lose.

What I think the results will be

Bonolenov--dead
Coltopi--dead
Phinx--dead
Shalnark--dead
Shizuku--dead

Chrollo--live
Feitan--live
Franklin---live
Nobunaga--live
Kalluto--live
 

GingFuriksu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2012
Messages
409
Reaction score
217
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm rather wondering HOW he got the eyes in the first place.

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this way but I like for Kurapika and the Spiders to NOT meet.

Instead I want Gyro to take over Meteor City and the Spiders to fight...and lose.

What I think the results will be

Bonolenov--dead
Coltopi--dead
Phinx--dead
Shalnark--dead
Shizuku--dead

Chrollo--live
Feitan--live
Franklin---live
Nobunaga--live
Kalluto--live
What about Machi ? :p
 

vansonbee

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 6, 2012
Messages
42
Reaction score
14
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Knew I was forgetting someone. Machi lives.
Chrollo--live
Feitan--live
Franklin---live
Nobunaga--live
Kalluto--live

Out of all these people, who do you believe has the highest chance of living (speculating off the author) and why?
 

The Invertroid

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2012
Messages
236
Reaction score
136
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chrollo--live
Feitan--live
Franklin---live
Nobunaga--live
Kalluto--live

Out of all these people, who do you believe has the highest chance of living (speculating off the author) and why?
I'd say Kalluto. I would think him being 1. a PT member from after the Kurta massacre and 2. being Killua's brother, would give him some level of protection from Kurapika.

Unless Togashi wants to introduce a Zoldyck-Kurapika conflict.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chrollo--live
Feitan--live
Franklin---live
Nobunaga--live
Kalluto--live

Out of all these people, who do you believe has the highest chance of living (speculating off the author) and why?
All of them. I don't think Kurapika will end up killing them.
 

bambinarubata

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
12
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I'd like to see Kurapika against Genei but I find that hard to kill them all in one go! :gwah
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Don't really see Kurapika getting involved with the new continent because they really have nothing to do with the eyes.

I'm guessing he's become some kind of high ranking Mafia member if not the top Mafia boss (which is how he got the eyes) and would use his resources to fight the Spiders head on, since he realized he can't possibly fight 1 against 13 no matter how strong he's become.
 

bambinarubata

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
12
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Don't really see Kurapika getting involved with the new continent because they really have nothing to do with the eyes.

I'm guessing he's become some kind of high ranking Mafia member if not the top Mafia boss (which is how he got the eyes) and would use his resources to fight the Spiders head on, since he realized he can't possibly fight 1 against 13 no matter how strong he's become.
I agree with you ... impossible to win 1 vs 13 ....
However I think Kurapika seen again in the new chapters.
 

Phantron

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
797
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All the guys who are involved in the massacre amongst the Spiders are definitely totally dead if Kurapika has a say in it. While Kurapika might have mercy to those who beg, none of the Spiders strike me as someone who would beg for mercy, and at any rate Kurapika seems more obsessive with revenge than before so he might not even give mercy to those who beg.

Out of this list:

Chrollo--live
Feitan--live
Franklin---live
Nobunaga--live
Kalluto--live

I'll take Franklin as the most likely guy to survive. Kalluto is too weak to escape. Kurapika isn't going to let Kuroro escape again. Feitan and Nobunaga will just fight to their death. Franklin is pretty strong (4th in strength) and he's shown to value big picture stuff (i.e. survival of the organization) over bloodlust.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
All the guys who are involved in the massacre amongst the Spiders are definitely totally dead if Kurapika has a say in it. While Kurapika might have mercy to those who beg, none of the Spiders strike me as someone who would beg for mercy, and at any rate Kurapika seems more obsessive with revenge than before so he might not even give mercy to those who beg.

Out of this list:

Chrollo--live
Feitan--live
Franklin---live
Nobunaga--live
Kalluto--live

I'll take Franklin as the most likely guy to survive. Kalluto is too weak to escape. Kurapika isn't going to let Kuroro escape again. Feitan and Nobunaga will just fight to their death. Franklin is pretty strong (4th in strength) and he's shown to value big picture stuff (i.e. survival of the organization) over bloodlust.
Why would Kurapika fight Kalluto? He didn't kill Hisoka or attempt to. Kalluto obviously had nothing to with the massacre and I don't think Kurapika is stupid
enough to piss of the Zolydycks. The only way I see Kurapika fighting Kalluto is that Kurapika has just gone bonkers or that Kalluto mistakes Kurapika
for attacking him and defends and then there's confusion.

Also I hope people realize that the Spiders who live and who die based off of a hypothetical Meteor City war was just my wild guess.
I could be completely off and there's not even a war/battle between Gyro and the Spiders. It's really just my own personal theory.

But I changed my mind about something. I like Phantron's idea of Mafia Boss Kurapika using his resources to fight the Spiders.
Heck...maybe he could even temporarily join forces with Gyro in order to achieve his goal of exterminating the Spider.
 

bambinarubata

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2012
Messages
86
Reaction score
12
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
The Genei Ryodan still has a couple of scarlet eyes. Kortopi had made a copy during the last auction Yorkshin.

I think Kurapika, to retrieve the last pairs, face once again Kuroro.


In the comic it shows 10 eyes .. but it could have collected 10x7 = 70 (if we consider the depth of the altar) ... it is possible that missing just a pair of eyes.

36 pairs of eyes = 72 eyes


I hope that you have understood what I wrote: P
 
Last edited:
Top