Why we love TRC

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Our mutual love of TRC is the single most important thing about this community and transcends any disagreements or differences of opinion we may have. I've started this thread because it's nice to know where other people come from and, ultimately, to appreciate something good in our lives :)

I love the art. The style is so splendidly dramatic. The costumes alone make the story and the chance to gaze upon any one of Fai, Kurogane, Kamui, Subaru, or C!Syaoran would be a reason to read the story in and of itself :D Sakura's beautiful too! The fight scenes are spectacular, the worlds so beautifully portrayed, and the expressions on people's faces so perfect that I could spend hours gazing at them alone. Clamp are good. They are very, very good.

I love the story. It's so epic, so complelling, and SO unpredictable. The worlds they visit are all so awesome and so different and so much (untill Acid Tokyo) fun! I love how the tone shifts so perfctly from hilarious, to cute, to exhilarating, to tragic, to suspenceful, to everything else you could possibly mention. This story really does have everything. It never gets dull and it never gets old. All hail Nanase Ohkawa!

I love the intelligence. TRC can be mind bendingly confusing sometimes or so subtle that I know I'm missing things but that's OK. I love storis that make me think and TRC does that. Clamp aren't afraid to challenge their readers and tell the story they want to tell without dumbing it down or changing it from what it's meant to be. The way they have an entire second manga you have to read to really get TRC is fantastically creatively bold and gives the story so much more depth. TRC is complex enough to support some really great discussions and to be interpreted in many ways. I also love the refrences to their other manga. Intertextuality is fun!

I love the people. All the other things I've mentioned, any many besides that I've not currently thought of, are crucially important (they are! I don't like stories that have character and nothing else. They need plot to give them shape), but ultimately I'm character driven. The characters in TRC are brilliant. Their personalities are really well developed and their relationships are so interesting. Out of all the fictional characters in any story I've ever read th gang of five from the beginning are the ones I'd want to meet the most. I really care about what happens them, they are a part of my life, and to me, in a strange, not-the-literal-meaning way, they are real.
 
Last edited:

Flipper

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
35
Reaction score
9
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Lady Sakura-chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2009
Messages
197
Reaction score
21
Gender
Female
Country
Sweden
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Last edited:

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Last edited:

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

kurofaikitty

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2009
Messages
76
Reaction score
16
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

PirateFiend

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2009
Messages
167
Reaction score
43
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Silversakura

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
269
Reaction score
47
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

DontWakeMeUp

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Last edited:

endless_dream

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
429
Reaction score
15
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Please register to see the content of this post.
 

Tsubasaholic

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
385
Reaction score
92
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.
 
Top