Will Gon recover his nen? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Will Gon recover his nen?

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Correct me on this post if I’m wrong;
But isn’t Nen just the application of using ones own life force?
So realistically anyone can use it, no matter how small, (hence the mini arc of training bodyguards in the Dark Continent arc) it just takes training, talent and dedication - and maybe some people can’t use or grasp it entirely because people can’t do everything.
• The fact Ging mentions Gon still has an aura means he still has “it”, but just not the means to utilise it.
• A better way of rephrasing of the Thread should be “Should Gon be able to use it”.

But in my opinion - he should get his use back, he has incredible talent. His final ability didn’t erase his inherent talent. And he’s still alive, so has life force.
I feel the author set the premise of it fairly early so it won’t be a plot hole if he does retain it. And there are other manga where the main character’s lose their powers entirely. FMA for example.
Needless to say with Alluka’s near unlimited wish granting capabilities there will no doubt be a plot armour for Gon’s nen.

Edit: On a final statement I have a deep feeling HxH won’t be coming back as a series. It’s nice to hope, because it’s great, but don’t get your hopes up.
As a man once said “Blessed is he who expects nothing; for he shall never be disappointed”

Last edited:

TripleX123

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So realistically anyone can use it, no matter how small, (hence the mini arc of training bodyguards in the Dark Continent arc) it just takes training, talent and dedication - and maybe some people can’t use or grasp it entirely because people can’t do everything.
• The fact Ging mentions Gon still has an aura means he still has “it”, but just not the means to utilise it.
• A better way of rephrasing of the Thread should be “Should Gon be able to use it”.

But in my opinion - he should get his use back, he has incredible talent. His final ability didn’t erase his inherent talent. And he’s still alive, so has life force.
I feel the author set the premise of it fairly early so it won’t be a plot hole if he does retain it. And there are other manga where the main character’s lose their powers entirely. FMA for example.
Needless to say with Alluka’s near unlimited wish granting capabilities there will no doubt be a plot armour for Gon’s nen.

Edit: On a final statement I have a deep feeling HxH won’t be coming back as a series. It’s nice to hope, because it’s great, but don’t get your hopes up.
As a man once said “Blessed is he who expects nothing; for he shall never be disappointed”
Yeah I guess I should have worded it out better, thanks

Kanmuru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina

I'm pretty sure what ging saw in gon is actual aura, as a nen user. I guess you could see this "life force" in normal ppl but you can tell they didn't awake nen yet. Just pointing that out, i agree with everything else

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ignoring the fact that sales say otherwise, I don't see the correlation.

And assuming we do get any more content, there won't be much for either Gon or Killua since their stories are essentially over. Even if he does have more planned for them, there just isn't enough time at this point, unfortunately.

Also, Kurapika is a main character (I know you switched to singular, but you used the plural first).
So one of the best selling Manga out loses some fans and is still best selling so it didn’t loose fans?

Kurapika is part of the main characters for sure, but he’s not one of the two main protagonists, and while I appreciate his fans and others might be interested enough in his story to continue. I certainly am not. If the author also feels there story is over that’s a shame, but a interview confirming it would be nice, so I can just go on to dropping HxH completely. An I’ve talked to enough others who feel the same. Hopefully it’ll be resolved in some fashion sooner or later. If it ever does end maybe I’ll binge it then.

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
So one of the best selling Manga out loses some fans and is still best selling so it didn’t loose fans?

Kurapika is part of the main characters for sure, but he’s not one of the two main protagonists, and while I appreciate his fans and others might be interested enough in his story to continue. I certainly am not. If the author also feels there story is over that’s a shame, but a interview confirming it would be nice, so I can just go on to dropping HxH completely. An I’ve talked to enough others who feel the same. Hopefully it’ll be resolved in some fashion sooner or later. If it ever does end maybe I’ll binge it then.
My point about sales was that not bringing Gon back doesn't mean too much.

Vol. 26, where Gon played a big role and was on the cover, sold 863,240 in its Oricon year.
Vol. 36, where Gon played no role and no main characters were on the cover, sold 892,834 in its Oricon year.

(edited for a more accurate comparison since both released in October)

And you won't have to worry about dropping it if it never returns. :P

I was just saying that if the series does get more chapters, the amount of time needed for the rest of the current arc and then the DC won't leave nearly enough time (given this current pace) for anything significant with Gon or Killua.

Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It was the same with Leorio and Kurapika, right?

We did not see them for about ten years even tho the manga released more regularly for most of that time. I expect the same with Gon and Kil.

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
It was the same with Leorio and Kurapika, right?

We did not see them for about ten years even tho the manga released more regularly for most of that time. I expect the same with Gon and Kil.
A little more than 10 for Leorio and a little less than 10 for Kurapika.

But the difference now is that he's 10 years older and this current hiatus is the longest one yet (and still going).

Killua's at over 9 years and Gon's approaching 7.