Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 399 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

Your Favorite Chapters of Issue #28 (5 Choices At Most)

• My Hero Academia 425

• Jujutsu Kaisen 262

• Mission: Yozakura Family 229

• Undead Unluck 209

• Me & Roboco 188

• Sakamoto Days 169

• The Elusive Samurai 159

• Witch Watch 159

• Blue Box 152

• Akane Banashi 113

• Kill Blue 56

• Nue's Exorcist 53

• Kagurabachi 36

• Green Green Greens 26 - Final Chapter!

• Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 17

• Dear Anemone 16

• Astro Royale 8

• Kyokuto Necromance 7

• Psych House 5

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Shoseki Ranking Top 500 (April 15)
1. Jujutsu Kaisen #26
3. My Hero Academia #40
13. Dr. STONE #27
31. SAKAMOTO DAYS #16
119. Mission: Yozakura Family #23
120. The Elusive Samurai #15
128. WITCH WATCH #16
172. Kill Blue #4
278. Me & Roboco #17
442. MamaYuyu #2
397. Mission: Yozakura Family #22
450. Mission: Yozakura Family #1

Does anyone know how was the reception for Negai no astro chapter 1 in Japan?
Excluding the disdain from certain group of jp Jump readers in some forums, it's quite positive so far, Twitter is full of fanarts of the characters at the moment, and the Youtube manga PV has 90k in just 1 day, quite higher than the 64k from Dear Anemone PV which was already considered high, so is certainly generating attention.

defensor_de_boruto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Excluding the disdain from certain group of jp Jump readers in some forums, it's quite positive so far, Twitter is full of fanarts of the characters at the moment, and the Youtube manga PV has 90k in just 1 day, quite higher than the 64k from Dear Anemone PV which was already considered high, so is certainly generating attention.
Nice, the first chapter was really fun

SkullMan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
How can Kawae make Shitotsu a more likeable character to the readers, since she is easily the most controversial character in Nue's Exorcist and help contributed to the low rankings of that battle heavy Village Raid arc?

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Chapter 44 that was after the long battle ended and focused on Shitotsu already received many praise, her being a main character in that long fight in the village arc is more of a convenient coincidence that jp trolls used to create the narrative that the character is hated, and i say that because it might be a surprise to some but the same thing was said when Shiroha had her arc and the ToC placements weren't high, jp trolls pushed the narrative that she wasn't popular too at the time, and with that i'm not saying Shitotsu is loved and etc, she in fact is the least liked of the girls but these lower placements are much more about the village big fight dragging a bit, case in point the last couple of chapters that are getting praised and last one even trended on Twitter, i think Kawae has to just find the best way to move the serious plot and at the same time not let the manga move away from what it makes a unique series within WSJ, if this week chapter made it pretty obvious is that Nue's strongest point are the LN / Harem shenanigans and the out of the box dialogues and mob characters, is so entertaining, obvious the action parts are also pretty cool for most part but when it gets too seriously and long like the battle in the village, the series lost a bit of that charming.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Next week, however, we should have the classic double Jump cover for Golden Week, right?

Dongus

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
How can Kawae make Shitotsu a more likeable character to the readers, since she is easily the most controversial character in Nue's Exorcist and help contributed to the low rankings of that battle heavy Village Raid arc?
Kawae's editor should strap a drunk Kawae to a chair and force him to watch KissXSis and Yosuga No Sora over and over. Trust me, the results will be a renaissance for Shitotsu and an avalanche of support from a specific demographic, at the cost of everything else.

JBC008

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Next week, however, we should have the classic double Jump cover for Golden Week, right?
Speaking of Golden Week, what type of cover are we going to get? I wonder if it is going to change focusing on Dragon Ball. Maybe have the characters in the magazine dress as their favorite Dragon Ball characters.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Kawae's editor should strap a drunk Kawae to a chair and force him to watch KissXSis and Yosuga No Sora over and over. Trust me, the results will be a renaissance for Shitotsu and an avalanche of support from a specific demographic, at the cost of everything else.
It will be interesting considering that Kawae’s editor it a captain now and how he has to divide his time with Kawae and Fujimaki.

Qukiqq

Reaction score
Country
England
Rankings this week
1. Astro royale 8.5/10
2. Akane banashi 8.5/10
3. Nue exorcist 8.5/10
4. Kagurabachi 8.5/10
5. Sakamoto Days 8/10
6. Kill blue 8/10
7. Green green greens 8/10
8. Undead Unluck 7.5/10
9. Roboco 7.5/10
10. Two on Ice 7/10
11. Witch watch 6.5/10
12. Policeman Chojo 6/10
13. Ruirui senki 5/10
14. Dear anemone 4/10

Although this weeks roboco chapter wasn't that funny , gorilla is always entertaining.

I would rate Two on Ice a 6.5/10 overall.

The two mcs are good, the villain is well built up but the side characters are a bit boring.

The art is good and quite stylistic but it isn't refined to the point that it enhances the manga.

And this :

Why did two on ice flop so hard ?

I felt that the first part was really interesting and that it at least deserved some recognition.

The second part has been more of a mess because it felt they mangaka gave up on trying to tell the two main characters story because of the bad rankings and only focused on telling sora's story which an interesting choice.

He definitely feels like a climactic villain the mangaka had already planned and that he just rushed along the mcs story so we can see more of sora.

Sora is both a gift and a curse to this manga, he helped gain the manga a bit more popularity and quality in some chapters but he also made it harder to like two on ice as a whole because of the whole structure of the manga falling apart a bit.

This was a really good first chapter for astro royale !

This was quite different from tokyo revengers and it feels like astro royale was specifically made to cater to the audience of wsj more.

The fact that he is a veteran is clearly shown with how well paced and interesting everything is.

This was one of the best first chapters recently alongside akane banashi and green green greens but astro royale imo sets up more things in the first chapter so based on their first chapter alone it shows more promise than the other two.

I am quite a big fan of tokyo revengers and even though it has a mediocre ending , I would rate it above everything not named one piece or jujutsu kaisen in this magazine currently . I want to reread tokyo revengers after looking at this first chapter because I love his style of writing!

I have really high hopes for the future and I am excited to watch the anime when it comes out!

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
The fact that he is a veteran is clearly shown with how well paced and interesting everything is.
I didnt realized he's had serialized multi-year manga since 2005.

Honestly, really curious if JUMP interview will shed light on how he even came to the magazine...if they reached out to him, if he reached out to them, or if there were some special circumstance that brought them together. Just figured the magazine was mainly geared towards newer folks, and/or folks who've had previous success in the magazine....not 20 year [outsider] veterans.

Friki

Reaction score
Country
France
Sakamoto Days can do a 100k in 11 days May be the begin of a New Legacy

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sakamoto Days can do a 100k in 11 days May be the begin of a New Legacy
I think the fanbase is growing in JPN I see new artists all the time, Shin is bringing so many new people to the series!

defensor_de_boruto

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
just read the newest Dear Anemone and god, the author cooked on this chapter, the best one so far....

But the manga is not getting a new color page so i think it has already more than 60% of being cancelled, unfortunately

Ravellino

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
what the japanese readers say about Dear Anemone?it seems that not even many comments are being made,good or bad

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
what the japanese readers say about Dear Anemone?it seems that not even many comments are being made,good or bad
Not following DA discussions anymore but the few things i read here and there are criticism and with how bad is doing, you can get the situation lol

Friki

Reaction score
Country
France
I translate Dear anemone to French and I love this manga

Ravellino

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I translate Dear anemone to French and I love this manga
i don't think is bad also,but i think could work better on a young jump or even on plus

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Dear Anemone plot post chapter 3 at a minimum could have probably had another revision or two made...it's not executing the concept in a way to be at a level where it can be competitive among other ongoing weekly shonen jump manga.

i don't think is bad also,but i think could work better on a young jump or even on plus
I don't think young jump would be a good fit since some of those that consider Terraformars as similar don't consider Dear Anemone worth following so Dear Anemone would be disadvantaged, in my humble opinion.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
I dropped Dear Anemone. After that last chapter and feeling like there was no hope, I left. I didn’t want to be bogged down by the series. I mean, I like the art, but I remember saying that it should have went to a different publisher, and I was right. I didn’t care for the characters and it primarily focused on the plot that ended up feeling like a straight road with no possibilities. And now I just feel right by doing so.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Don't know if is just me but i found Dear Anemone art surprisingly boring, it's technically good but has no impact, there's nothing in the art that makes me go "wow that's cool", not to mention the character designs problem, but i'm sure is just a matter of Matsui being a new artist, this is going to be a good first experience for him, he has potential to develop a great artstyle but he is really underdeveloped at the moment, his art is basically "nice looking" but lacks personality.