Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion! | Page 426 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump (2024) - News and Discussion!

iker_03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #24 (2024)
Psych House (Cover & Lead Color Pages; 54p; New Series by Kobayashi Omusuke)
SAKAMOTO DAYS
ONE PIECE
Mission: Yozakura Family (Color Page & Special Chapter)
Astro Royale
My Hero Academia
Kagurabachi (Color Page)
Kyokuto Necromance (23p)
Super Psychic Policeman Chojo
Kill Blue (Color Page)
Blue Box
Jujutsu Kaisen
WITCH WATCH
Me & Roboco
Akane-banashi
Undead Unluck
The Elusive Samurai
Nue's Exorcist
Dear Anemone
Green Green Greens

Weekly Shonen Jump Issue #26 (2024) - Information
Cover & LCP: Kill Blue (1st Anniversary)
Color Pages: Akane-banashi; Psych House (Color Page, 2nd Chapter, 25p); Yohei no Hei (One-Shot by Hideaki Nabe)
Absent: ONE PIECE

Last edited by a moderator:

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
Okay, so after my review, it’s time to catchup and give my top 3 spreads to share. Sorry for my tardiness Shinuki, but anyways, here are my top 3.

-3. Undead Unluck (Nico’s awakening): I was conflicted with this one and it was close with another spread from Yozakura. But anyway, the other 2 spreads are good to set up what will happen to Nico. Other than that it is both tragic and disturbing.

-2. Akane-banashi (I’m having so much fun): now this was a tie for first place but for my number one you will be surprised. Anyway this spread was the culmination of Akane’s journey to where we were from the beginning. And seeing this shared with the person she loves (family wise) and inspired by, that makes it more touching than anything.

-1. Blue Box (Chinatsu at the Fireworks Festival): What makes this my number 1 is in regard to the lead up and reveal of Chinatsu’s beauty and going the extra mile for Taiki. I have to say, a very wonderful spread to feel engaged.

Honorable Mentions: Mission: Yozakura Family (Goliath Maximus & Sorry I’m Late), Sakamoto Days (Old Order member makes the scene), Kill Blue (Cause you ain’t gonna live to see it), Green Green Greens (I won’t land short), Astro Royale (Barehanded Magnum Blast), Kyokuto Necromance (Chitari eats the Shiryo)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I seriously wonder how much growth Kagurabachi 2 is gonna get considering that's the volume that got everyone super hyped about it. Could be the most insane jump in sales in a while
If that happens, we will get an anime quickly. It was the same thing that happened to Jujutsu Kaisen.

Friki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I seriously wonder how much growth Kagurabachi 2 is gonna get considering that's the volume that got everyone super hyped about it. Could be the most insane jump in sales in a while
Naaah i don't think it will outsale Akane Banashi and i am a Bachibros

V1zy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Naaah i don't think it will outsale Akane Banashi and i am a Bachibros
I think Akane would have higher initial sales but Kagurabachi would rank longer.

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Daily Shoseki (April 27th)
5. Jujutsu Kaisen 26
10. My Hero Academia 40
31. Dr. Stone 27
77. SAKAMOTO DAYS 16
294. Yozakura 23
303. Witch Watch 16
384. Elusive Samurai 15

Daily Shoseki (April 26th)
341. Kagurabachi
Daily Shoseki (April 27th)
288. Kagurabachi 1

Meaning it's now outpaced Roboco, Kill Blue, Yozakura, Witch Watch, and Elusive Samurai
All while having been released 3 months ago
500. Mission: Yozakura Family #1
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Mission: Yozakura Family bonus anime illustrations included in the Blu-ray / DVD box

Shinuki no Reborn

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Thanks for your votes!

WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP ISSUE #21 (2024) - VOTING RESULTS

1. Sakamoto Days 163 (17 Votes)
2. Kagurabachi 30 (17 Votes)
3. Astro Royale 2 (16 Votes)
4. Akane Banashi 107 (14 Votes)
5. Green Green Greens 20 (12 Votes)

6. One Piece 1112 (11 Votes)
7. Kyokuto Necromance 1 (11 Votes) New Series!
8. Jujutsu Kaisen 257 (10 Votes)
9. Blue Box 146 (10 Votes)
10. Kill Blue 50 (9 Votes)
11. Nue's Exorcist 47 (8 Votes)
12. Ruri Dragon 12 (7 Votes)
13. Mission: Yozakura Family 223 (5 Votes)
14. Undead Unluck 204 (5 Votes)
15. Witch Watch 153 (4 Votes)

16. Super Psychic Policeman Chojo 11 (4 Votes)
17. Me & Roboco 182 (3 Votes)
18. The Elusive Samurai 154 (2 Votes)
19. Shadow Eliminators 19 - Final Chapter! (1 Vote)

20. Dear Anemone 10 (1 Vote)

Notes:

-44 Users voted
-Tied placements decided by which series is older
-My Hero Academia is absent this issue

Source:

Last edited:

Velx

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
Just got through last year's Oricon complete sales rankings and it kinda amazes me that after leaving Jump World Trigger not only didn't lose readers, but now selling even more.

Mankichi Togawa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
My Hero Academia has been crazy good this week, leaving what is going to be one of the most iconic moments of the manga.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
Hey, has anyone been watching the Sandland anime on Disney+\Hulu?

Also, saw the promotional page for the next volume release, I hope this is good for GGG, cause it looks bigger unlike the cancelled series.

And finally is the Phantom Seer Duo's one-shot been translated yet?

Thehoennhippo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Necromance chapter 2 was pretty messy unfortunately, thinking this won't be the manga that makes it for Naba. Astro was decent.

Velx

Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
Kamen Kitan Teo gives me some serious D.Gray-man vibes. Liked it.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
Necromance chapter 2 was pretty messy unfortunately, thinking this won't be the manga that makes it for Naba. Astro was decent.
That was exactly what I thought. And the writing felt as close to Ichinose’s writing. Though comparatively, I think Necromance wasn’t as frustrating and Ichinose, but it still felt difficult to feel engaged. This type of moment now reminds me of Bleach in chapter 2 where Rukia was challenging Ichigo to save others when he had him save that kid spirit at the park from the Hollow. But here, I have no idea from the writing.

Kamen Kitan Teo gives me some serious D.Gray-man vibes. Liked it.
Can you share the link?

Ravellino

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hey, has anyone been watching the Sandland anime on Disney+\Hulu?

Also, saw the promotional page for the next volume release, I hope this is good for GGG, cause it looks bigger unlike the cancelled series.

And finally is the Phantom Seer Duo's one-shot been translated yet?
nah disney+ is too expensive in my region

Shonenfan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone keep us posted on the JP reception to Astro ch 3 and Necromance 2 as well as the new phantom seer mangakas one shot?

SunPillar

Reaction score
Country
United States
This was cool from what I can tell. I think since sports is less crowded in the magazine so a part of me wants them to go with Harukaze Mound, but with JJK and MHA ending this year, maybe it'll be a good time to launch a battle shonen. So I'd be fine with them going w/ either oneshot.

Discomusic

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
1. Akane-banashi: Oh God, I am so worried. I suppose that no Rakugo is part of his exam training, but my internal feeling is that he is going to fail. The flashback that was teased is not going to shake that feeling.
2. Blue Box: Nice, wholesome chapter depicting a cute couple on a date. "Poor Akari" is the "Poor Hina" of the new arc.
3. My Hero Academia: You know endgame is approaching when everyone gathers at the fight scene. In this series they gathered as if it was literally Endgame, only thing missing was Bakugo saying "on your left" as he appears.
4. Mission: Yozakura Family: A very fun chapter. It would be great that in case of win, at the end of the battle we see the family actually handing down the prizes to all the lucky winners. Poor Kengo, nobody wanted his statue.
5. Sakamoto Days: That was a very fast reading. It's the king of fast-paced action manga, an anime would do wonders for this series.
6. Kill Blue: He managed to save the day. The "family to protect" speech sounds different when it is the bad guy who delivers it. Speaking of the bad guy, my impression of him improved, even though the bus lady remains my favourite character of his group.
7. Kagurabachi: Even if the chapter was all about two characters talking, it emitted a strong sense of urgency. Their dialogue was well structured, and the author knows when talk is over and it's time to move into action.
8. Astro Royale: It continues being good, but I'm worried of this non-violent approach. I hope there will be siblings who don't get convinced so easily and that the main character will learn a lesson for his naivety.
9. One Piece: That final line is huge, but the whole chapter was in preparation of that single line while I was expecting the full speech. Count me disappointed, I was expecting more from the hype surrounding this chapter.
10. Kyokuto Necromancer: I liked this chapter a little more than the first. It is still pretty generic, but it has that Aliens Area vibe about exorcising being a job among everything else. "Have pep in my step" is a weird catchphrase.
11. Green Green Greens: Pressure, taking too many risks and overexertion were all motives that I would have liked more for her performance decrease. "Injury" seems a lame way out for the author.
12. Nue's Exorcist: With this training arc: every chapter is divided in two halves: the first half, with the actual training and Nue's schemes, is farily interesting; the second half focused on romance is definitely not. I am sure the voting people think the exact opposite of me.
13. Me and Roboco: Not a great chapter, but had a couple of funny gags, like the "sneak sneak" bit and the splitting in half at her first attempt to bike. We'll see if the effort will pay off next week!
14. Dear Anemone: Still pretty uninteresting, but anything below this bordered on boring so I can't put this chapter lower than this.
15. Undead Unluck: Good that this unimpressive fight is coming to a close. Uzbeki readers will be happy that their language was mentioned in Shonen Jump.
16. Witch Watch: One of those comedy chapters that didn't click on me. The idea wasn't even that bad, but maybe f they moved somewhere outside and interacted with other characters it would have been funnier.
17. The Elusive Samurai: That was the definition of filler. All of this was to gain a significant boost of morale for the next battle, as if it was a stat.
18. Super Psychic Policeman Chojo: This being first in ToC means I read it before almost anything else on the magazine. So it sets up a low bar and now it is up to the other series to not fall down below the Chojo line!
19. Jujutsu Kaisen: What, the chapter after that falls immediately down the Chojo line? It would have been good if it could have been conveyed with half the words it had.

Retro binge update. Space Adventure Cobra: Read volume 8, where the A-team that Cobra spent all the previous volume gathering in order to kill the evil Salamander accomplishes the task...in just one chapter. Then best friend and member of the team Doug dies because, as it turns out, Salamander is still alive and is now trying to take over the world through religion. Cobra defeats him all alone (what did he need a team for anyway) and it is revealed that Salamander was none other than... Adolf Hitler who never died due to cyborgfication. Yes, for real. '80s were wild, but '70s were no less.

JBC008

Reaction score
Country
6. Kill Blue: He managed to save the day. The "family to protect" speech sounds different when it is the bad guy who delivers it. Speaking of the bad guy, my impression of him improved, even though the bus lady remains my favourite character of his group
Go bus lady!!!!!

10. Kyokuto Necromancer: I liked this chapter a little more than the first. It is still pretty generic, but it has that Aliens Area vibe about exorcising being a job among everything else. "Have pep in my step" is a weird catchphrase.
Oh good, I’m not alone. It’s the kind of writing that reminds me of Ichinose for some reason.

nah disney+ is too expensive in my region
Okay fair enough, though admittedly streaming is really becoming expensive but much worse than cable.

Thank you Vlex. But seeing this, I have a lot of questions. Especially for those that looked to be comedic. Until a fully translated one comes, I will have to base it on the images. But in all honesty, worry it will fall in the same writing problems as Phantom Seer. But the only positive I can give is that Matsuura’s art is always amazing. Also I love the depiction of Venice, Italy. I really do want to go there. And some of the mysteries remind me of Sherlock Holmes (note that I only experienced it through the 2009 film and sequel staring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law). Heck even in Young Sherlock Holmes when we see the attack from the stain glass knight.

chareveleuv

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone keep us posted on the JP reception to Astro ch 3 and Necromance 2 as well as the new phantom seer mangakas one shot?
For Astro ch3 it is better than ch2 but pales in comparison to ch1. Many JP readers are saying it is clean and easy to read, but there are no atrention grabbing characters yet. Some are praising it for being quintessential Jump, others say it will be cancelled as it is too generic. Mixed to decent reception.

For Necromance ch2 people generally like it more than ch1, which was already praised. More focus on the POV character, grandma shenagians, etc. The issue I believe is that its interactions dropped like a rock. Which is normal from ch1 to ch2, but considering its good reception and it being an exorcist series, you would think there would be more. Even if it coasts reception wise it may not succeed if it gets no huge moments early on.

In terms of votes in JP, both series are similar.

As for the one shot, I have only seen praises. Some are voting for it as well. Many like the Venice setting so much that they want it serialized.