Chapter - Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 260 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 260 - Spoilers & Discussion

korwinkrulpolski

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
If that’s Gojo coming back, it would be such lame move from Gege, something so cliche and bad that’s almost sad

Sorry but comparing JJK to HxH narration wise is outrageous. There’s huge difference in that regard, story in JJK never shines, it was always fights and choregraphy

CK85

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Greece
More importantly, if Gojo comes back as a Cursed Spirit, won't they have to kill him too? Who the fuck can?

HakunaMatata

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
If that’s Gojo coming back, it would be such lame move from Gege, something so cliche and bad that’s almost sad
I'm not in any JJK communities so I don't know what the general reception is but from what I did see, most of the time things people complain about end up being +/- logically explained.
I kinda don't care about Gojo being dead or alive so I'll wait for explanation. But one thing is sure though, his anticlimactic (yet shocking) death was fishy from the start.

Sorry but comparing JJK to HxH narration wise is outrageous. There’s huge difference in that regard, story in JJK never shines, it was always fights and choregraphy
Dude jjk story is 80% fights so of course comparison was about cerebral fights and maturity in the story compared to other shonen (if you're not strong enough, you die).
And please note the keyword closest. As, still, compared to other shonens.
In these regards HxH is a 10 while jjk is a 7 and other shonens barely get a 5.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Ok guys, but it will necessarily be some kind of illusion or vision.

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Is there a possibility Goatjo turned into a cursed spirit, instead of human form? Just like how Sakuna was once human, then turned into a cursed spirit?
Sukuna is not a cursed spirit
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I'm not in any JJK communities so I don't know what the general reception is but from what I did see, most of the time things people complain about end up being +/- logically explained.
I kinda don't care about Gojo being dead or alive so I'll wait for explanation. But one thing is sure though, his anticlimactic (yet shocking) death was fishy from the start.

Dude jjk story is 80% fights so of course comparison was about cerebral fights and maturity in the story compared to other shonen (if you're not strong enough, you die).
How was it fishy? we got the explanation for it. Gojo did not know Sukuna was capable of firing off a dismantle that could harm him. In addition to that, Sukuna used a binding vow to fire off the world cutting dismantle without doing the preconditions. I think that would hit anyone especially at the point when they thing they just attained victory.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Goatjo turned into a cursed spirit, instead of human form?
For come back as a cursed spirit, a sorcer must be killed without cursed energy

HakunaMatata

Reaction score
Country
France
How was it fishy? we got the explanation for it. Gojo did not know Sukuna was capable of firing off a dismantle that could harm him. In addition to that, Sukuna used a binding vow to fire off the world cutting dismantle without doing the preconditions. I think that would hit anyone especially at the point when they thing they just attained victory.
It's not the death itself that was fishy, it's the aftermath.
I know that nobody had time to mourn his death in the situation they were in but I felt like everyone was acting like they expected it.
Well, we now know they did but still, the whole gang was like "it's all part of the plan, everyone carry on".

papypopo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
It might be an unpopular opinion, can't say for sure, but I really love Gege's writing style.

He removed a lot of boring and most of all overused tropes still in use in other shonen.

No never-ending sobbing flashbacks, no bullshit power up "just because shonen", no free distribution of plot armor, no "story is 99% MC" like pretty much every girls/boys bands from the 90's/2000's, etc.

Everyone has a role, even weak people, you're either strong enough or you fail. Almost everything that happens is justified at some point and characters use their heads before their fists.

Man I love this. Closest I can get from a HxH experience but JJK has definitely its own identity.
For real, I feel the Same!!

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Gojo coming back is not a lame move, if it happens

Narrator notes says that those eyes are unmistakable

And throughout Gojo Sukuna fight there's a lot of focus on Gojo left eye

If I recall, Gojo left eye was also teased a lot on the newest volume video promo

And now he return with only one eye

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
To me an explantion could be that during the death of Gojo - was it Nanami ? - someone said that if a curse can help you live that he’d believe Jujutsu can do the same.

a metaphor was being made to go south (when wishing to return who you are) or north (when wanting to make yourself anew)

Gojo shouted that the director said that a JJS never dies without regret. Let’s not forget that Gojo felt bad that Sukuna didn’t give all. Let’s also not forget that Sukuna said to Gojo that he’s someone he will never forget while that latter one prayed that it was all imagination.

Gojo was still alive after this and to me he kind of choose to go north wherein Jujutsu can help you to live. If he went south he’d return and only a curse - being a cursed spirit - could help you live.

To me the domain expansion - being a Jujutsu - helps Gojo to live anew.

korwinkrulpolski

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
More like story is 4 in JJK, 3 in shounens like Bleach or Naruto, 7-8 with DB (but it was 10 at times when it was not prolonged too badly), 9 with One piece, 10 with HxH or FMA. Be aware that beside Yuji other characters has either no background whatsoever, or has weak background like Gojo's backstory. But when it comes to fights and choreography maybe peak DB was that level, maybe Bleach sometimes, but JJK is the best fighting modern manga as of yet.

Basically JJK is more appealing Demon Slayer with nice main villain due to his presentation (voice actor mostly, he has done perfect work) but not the story (Sukuna is almost storyless. He kills because it's fun, we don't know nothing about him yet and this is almost the end of the manga).

If Gojo is just some image Sukuna's seeing prior to his death, it would be the best and most climatic option.

Gaku

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Also… is it me or Todo may have swapped Yuta so that he could sneak in and kill Kenjaku ?
No, it was thanks to Takaba that Yuta was able to ambush Kenjaku

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Failure Man back to fail again :zomg

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
To me an explantion could be that during the death of Gojo - was it Nanami ? - someone said that if a curse can help you live that he’d believe Jujutsu can do the same.

a metaphor was being made to go south (when wishing to return who you are) or north (when wanting to make yourself anew)

Gojo shouted that the director said that a JJS never dies without regret. Let’s not forget that Gojo felt bad that Sukuna didn’t give all. Let’s also not forget that Sukuna said to Gojo that he’s someone he will never forget while that latter one prayed that it was all imagination.

Gojo was still alive after this and to me he kind of choose to go north wherein Jujutsu can help you to live. If he went south he’d return and only a curse - being a cursed spirit - could help you live.

To me the domain expansion - being a Jujutsu - helps Gojo to live anew.
The part of choosing north or south, I guess you're correct

But i think you're wrong about the cursed spirit thing.

Sukuna killed Gojo with cursed energy
Naoya only became a curse because it was Maki's mom that dealt the final blow

And start anew, within JJK, could be reborn, a new being, a baby

And doest seem to have a drastic appearance change, naoya changed a lot

Gojo will return via 3 ways:

Someone's using a illusion (Takaba maybe)

Or Shoko and the guys did something using some kind of backup plan, that's why they recovered his and Higuruma body. Maybe even Higuruma could return but guess not

Or via a binding vow he did before dying (nothing wrong here, Sukuna's been using and abusing of BV)

0Xellos

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Finally the answer to the ancient buddhist question: "what is the sound of one hand clapping?" It's the sound of VibraSlap.

Ok, so we got some foreshadowing that the dead might be coming back with Ui Ui taking bodies away. It wasn't clear if the outcome was going to be resurrection, something like what happened to Naoya, body snatching, moving their souls into someone, stealing/copying their CTs, preventing Sukuna from doing some ritual with them later or just a red herring respect for the dead with no bearing on the battle.

We know that a sorcerer that doesn't get killed with CE becomes a cursed spirit, but it could be possible to do the same to one that gets killed with CE too, under some special conditions which haven't been revealed. Here's another thing that came to my mind: recent reveal that the heroes did soul swapping to train. What if they did the same here, but swapped someone's soul into Gojo's body (whole? the upper half?), achieving something like Kenjaku taking Geto's body and CT?

I'm more interested in other characters coming back, Go/jo feels like Gege trying to go back on the embarassment of offscreening him.

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
More like story is 4 in JJK, 3 in shounens like Bleach or Naruto, 7-8 with DB (but it was 10 at times when it was not prolonged too badly), 9 with One piece, 10 with HxH or FMA. Be aware that beside Yuji other characters has either no background whatsoever, or has weak background like Gojo's backstory. But when it comes to fights and choreography maybe peak DB was that level, maybe Bleach sometimes, but JJK is the best fighting modern manga as of yet.
All respect to Akira (R.I.P) but in no world Dragon Ball have a story with 7 or 8 rating.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dragon Ball story is poor after freeza saga, no climax... To me, what saved DB was the anime, the manga barely catches attention and what makes it continue is the hype on DBS and the wait for the sequel based on Manga.

Phoenix Slayer

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Basically JJK is more appealing Demon Slayer with nice main villain due to his presentation (voice actor mostly, he has done perfect work) but not the story (Sukuna is almost storyless. He kills because it's fun, we don't know nothing about him yet and this is almost the end of the manga).

If Gojo is just some image Sukuna's seeing prior to his death, it would be the best and most climatic option.
DB is an 8 in no universe. DB is legit a 2. I still have no idea how it's going on. There is no ultimate plot or natural ending point. Absolutely garbage manga/ anime

HakunaMatata

Reaction score
Country
France

Again, except for boohoohoo flashbacks, I'm not talking about story since jjk is mostly fights.
Sorry if it wasn't clear, hard to translate my thoughts in English.

I love how Gege cut all the bs that polluted fight plots to keep the good stuff only.
It's more mature than all the shonens you mentioned but HxH.
That doesn't mean their bad shonen, just personal preference. I guess I've grown tired of the power of friendship and plot armor bs.

I'd rather read a story with a random MC with (almost) no background than a struggling guy that ends up being the son of the prophecy that gets all the/best powers.

Gon, Yuji, Eldrick bros above Luffy, Naruto and Ichigo all day, every day.

Even if their ascendants are powerhouse they don't get exponential, magical power up for free and their background are kinda boring.

I prefer when a author develop his MC in the present.
Luffy's crew is all about sad pasts but they all get tiny time screen now. What's point?

I love to see Yuji evolve. His background is non existent, but he's building a sick one right before our eyes.