2016 Fairy Tail Awards Info Discussion Thread | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

2016 Fairy Tail Awards Info Discussion Thread

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Possible candidates for Best Male character winner :
1) Acnologia
2) Acnologia
3) Acnologia

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
@Vici no not quite XD
Right... like I would believe you now

Gonna wait now patiently for the outcomes and I also want to thank you and other mods included for your work in organising this event :chu

Possible candidates for Best Male character winner :
1) Acnologia
2) Acnologia
3) Acnologia
You forgot to mention Acnologia as a possible candidate to win

Best Female Character
  • Ultear Milkovich
Most surprising for me to be honest but well deserved nevertheless :teehee

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The RESULTS are out!!
All polls results are now visible and you make check the individual threads for more detailed information. The award threads will remain open for some time for comments on the winners/polls.
Thank you all for participating in the event, we hope to see you again next year. As always, we apprecaite comments and opinions/suggestions about the awards and categories
Don't forget to take your spoils from all the bets made

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
HOLY HELL

HOW THE HELL DID ACNOLOGIA NOT WIN 'BEST NON-HUMAN CHARACTER'?! :emocat

Oh well, at least he won 2 brackets :hee

Also, WTF?! Natsu and overrated? That spot should go to Erza, seriously.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
HOLY HELL

HOW THE HELL DID ACNOLOGIA NOT WIN 'BEST NON-HUMAN CHARACTER'?! :emocat

Oh well, at least he won 2 brackets :hee

Lol he is not even eligible. Didn't we already say that he is considered as human?

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke

I have to admit that some of the outcomes surprised me :omg
Like Acnologia so high in best male character but well maybe when his character was showed more in manga I skipped that part cause I can't recall much things about his character/personality been shown for us

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Lol he is not even eligible. Didn't we already say that he is considered as human?
...Shit, I forgot. XD
----------------------

Imo, I disagree with the following :

Best Pairing
Best Male Character
Best Female Character (surprised Ultear won really)
Best Non-human character (should go to Frosch)
Most fashionable female (should go to Irene or Ultear easily)
Most overrated character (Plotza is the only answer :p)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I have to admit that some of the outcomes surprised me :omg
Like Acnologia so high in best male character but well maybe when his character was showed more in manga I skipped that part cause I can't recall much things about his character/personality been shown for us
I love that he came in second in best male character :zomg

Not to mention, he literally dominated Best Antagonist :teehee

Takuan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't get how Natsu can be the most overrated character AND dragon slaying magic wins the best magic contest. Isn't it paradoxal?
It's like, "DS is the best magic type!! But his best user is meh, too overrated"

Imo DS isn't the best magic type, that's the major point i disagree with. I'm fine with everything else xD

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I think still that people wanted to vote for Ichiya but miss clicked:teehee

Well I didn't take him into consideration because we haven't seen anything about his personality/character tbh .. We still waiting for his backstory ( hope Hiro will deliver ) that will make him an actual character for me cause for now even if he is awesome he is like empty shell for me :sweatbunny:vbunny

Kagura third place ( fourth :blush ) in the most Fashionable Female nice :nod thanks for everyone who voted for her and Erza :wtf

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't get how Natsu can be the most overrated character AND dragon slaying magic wins the best magic contest. Isn't it paradoxal?
It's like, "DS is the best magic type!! But his best user is meh, too overrated"

Imo DS isn't the best magic type, that's the major point i disagree with. I'm fine with everything else xD
Um, Takuan...DS magic = Natsu lol. It's simply the magic, not about the user wielding it. Even if we look at it your way, other good characters wield the magic too. :3

I think still that people wanted to vote for Ichiya but miss clicked:teehee
nyc b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Best Male and Female Character are dominated by Crime Sorciere members haha.

Also, Neinhart lol. That dude never fails to make me laugh.

Most overrated character (Plotza is the only answer :p)
No. Most overrated character is Acnologia instead. And, second place is not that important. The first one is the most important. So, sorry :teehee

^ The above is just unimportant/joke bait post. Don't take that seriously because I know your favorite character is Acnologia. Lol

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
It's actually not a paradox. You can be the strongest character or best Dragonslayer in this manga and still be the most overrated one. For example: if you - as the strongest character - are only able to destroy one mountain, but people tend to believe you could destroy the planet, then you are overrated even as the strongest person in the world.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
I don't understand how exactly Natsu is THAT overrated. Sure, he sometimes is but not as much as Erza, Brandish or Jellal so someone please explain :p

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Um, Takuan...DS magic = Natsu lol. It's simply the magic, not about the user wielding it. Even if we look at it your way, other good characters wield the magic too. :3
If it's not about the user wielding it, then somebody has to explain how DS magic is the best one. Compared to Age Seal, or Arc of Time, Rufus's memory magic, even Rustyrose's magic which allows him to create whatever he wants. There are a lot of better magic than DS, the only reason DS won the contest is because of Dragon Slayers themselves. So in my view, it actually is about the users wielding the magic. Otherwise i can't get how DS won.

I know other good characters wield the magic and not just Natsu, but he's the best representative. Like, what did we see about Laxus? He almost never used his DS magic, aside from his fight early in the series, and the fact that he inhaled MBP. Cobra's only impressive thing is the fact that he ears everything, and it's not linked to DS magic. Etc etc. Overall i don't see how DS magic is considered the best. Heck, even God Slaying magic is pictured as having an advantage against Dragon Slaying magic.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
If it's not about the user wielding it, then somebody has to explain how DS magic is the best one. Compared to Age Seal, or Arc of Time, Rufus's memory magic, even Rustyrose's magic which allows him to create whatever he wants. There are a lot of better magic than DS, the only reason DS won the contest is because of Dragon Slayers themselves. So in my view, it actually is about the users wielding the magic. Otherwise i can't get how DS won.

I know other good characters wield the magic and not just Natsu, but he's the best representative. Like, what did we see about Laxus? He almost never used his DS magic, aside from his fight early in the series, and the fact that he inhaled MBP. Cobra's only impressive thing is the fact that he ears everything, and it's not linked to DS magic. Etc etc. Overall i don't see how DS magic is considered the best. Heck, even God Slaying magic is pictured as having an advantage against Dragon Slaying magic.
By "best" I don't think it meant that we have to pick the strongest magic, just the one we prefer. I picked DS, DeS, Heavenly Body Magic and Etherious Curse Power but I picked them because I love the way they work and look, had I picked the strongest I would have probs picked Age Seal.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
By "best" I don't think it meant that we have to pick the strongest magic, just the one we prefer. I picked DS, DeS, Heavenly Body Magic and Etherious Curse Power but I picked them because I love the way they work and look, had I picked the strongest I would have probs picked Age Seal.
Yeah i get what you're saying. But still, in terms of versatily, beauty, or whatever you want to take as criterias. Imo DS magic doesn't come close to other magics.

But that's just me, i'm just stating my opinion. I should have said that during discussions but unfortunately, i got busy lately xD

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
That's how I was voted also but it comes to personal preferences because I didn't even take DS magic into consideration to voting I went with for example with Age Seal and Rustyrose magic which I explained shortly why ;P

I vote for Age Seal because of Dimaria words. Who haven't wished for that at least once :blush

Arc of Embodiment making things appear/happen according to your imagination/wishes is quite fun :whistle
DS magic get's many votes because despite it is lost magic it is one of the most common >>> 9 users any other magic type overall don't have that many users in the series and the main magic of the MC..

The outcome of voting is cool with me but for me personally other magic seems more interesting ( just my opinion ignore it
)

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I agree @Vici

Well i don't know. If it comes down to personnal preference only, i guess you chose by answering the question "which magic would you want to wield if you were a mage in Fairy Tail?"
I wouldn't pick DS in that situation, it is nothing special imo. But eh, that's just me.