Final Match - Ai Hayasaka vs. Miyamoto Musashi | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Final Match Ai Hayasaka vs. Miyamoto Musashi

Who wins?

• Ai Hayasaka

• Miyamoto Musashi

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Musashi enters the Final Battle!

Firstly, thank you to everyone who has supported Musashi so far! The support we've received has been nothing short of INCREDIBLE, and I can't thank you all enough for the passion you've given us! I hope we can continue to rely on you, and that you'll enjoy our Grand Final campaign!

Shall we get started?...

Musashi's character is the main reasons for why I am drawn to her, and it's the same deal for a lot of Fate/Grand Order fans. A girl who enjoys life's journeys and is fairly easy going, she is down to earth, approachable and someone who loves to have a good time. Musashi uses her journey throughout life and the various places she travels as a means to grow as a person and work towards the goal she constantly strives to achieve. Knowing that she isn't perfect, she embraces her flaws and even finds confidence in them, which is a life lesson I think we can all learn from as we strive to better ourselves!

Of course, Musashi does have a strong sense of justice and a serious side to her. When the going gets tough, she's unyielding, unflinching and unwavering in her resolve, and will always stand true to her values! If you're ever in a bind, no matter the situation she is dependable and will see you through it! This kickarse swordsmaster will never let those she cares for (yes that's you ya cutie~) be left to struggle, and pull through so you win any and every battle you come across!

What encompasses all of this is Musashi's caring nature. She won't hesitate to jump off a cliff and catch you if you've fallen, and there's no limit to what lengths she'll go to protect you and to make you happy. Her kindness knows no limits, and fate of the universe on the line she'll even stand up against literal gods to ensure she protects you and your way of life, even if it risks her own. Caring and courageous, with the dedication to not rest until things are at their absolute best for you; that's what I love about her!

Dependable, easy going, caring, and always great to have around! When it comes to waifus you couldn't do much better than Musashi! Maybe she'll take you for a ride on her jet ski too!

Musashi is an inspirational character when you consider the lessons that can be learnt from her. In a world where men are typically the pinnacle due to the standards of the time, she decided to walk her own path to becoming the best swordswoman she could be, going against the wishes of her father. This was more for her own sake and wants more than anything else, but she had the drive to take those steps into going it on her own in a cruel world, and she had the will to get through many challenges.

Taking things into her own hands and walking her own path takes courage, for stepping away from the easy path and trying to see how far you can go in the end. Speaking on that, she goes through trials but comes out on top, continuing her quest to reach the void; the mental state of emptiness, which is the ultimate mental state. To that end she walks her own path, not worrying about what may lay ahead but embracing the journey for it's highs and lows, something we all can do.

Beyond having an alluring personality and being a trailblazer in chasing her dreams, I am also fond of Musashi's aesthetics and looks. I don't need to do a big write up here of course because it's obvious, but it puts the cherry on top of an already luscious and decadent sundae.

Another part of what makes her a fun and energetic person to be with is how she spends her free time! As previously mentioned, her life takes her to many different places as a part of her life journey and alongside that comes some hobbies! She loves hiking and the sense of exploration. You can travel the world with her, and explore and discover more about each other. You can also go on a culinary journey with Musashi, as she loves her food (as do we all!) and loves to eat new things (she loves eating in general to be honest :XD); try something new with Musashi or go for her favourite meal: Udon!

For my final point today, we have a DID YOU KNOW?: Did you know Musashi has her own anime OP-esqe theme? As part of her FGO Shimousa story, she has an energetic theme that plays once the arc is over, and perfectly encapsulates Musashi's fighting-style! It's also a fan favourite among FGO players! Give it a listen!

Standing victorious since Round 1, will you join Musashi's final stand and give her your vote?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Going with Musashi here as i promised before.

Chocolatejr9

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can already tell this is gonna be intense...

Anyway, go Miyamoto!

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
I like both of these characters (Hayasaka is one of my favorites in Love is War and Musashi is just generally very cool), but in terms of who has better character, Hayasaka is equal parts dishonest and, very importantly immature in both mind and body while Miyamoto very decidedly not.

I thoroughly enjoy her in the show, but Hayasaka is a high school girl that's not of age and, like all of the main cast, has a lot of growing up to do. Though it's often just for her own entertainment, Hayasaka usually is only dishonest when there's a very distinct thing she wants to get done or just to hide the more odd parts of her life and the level of deception varies based on her relationship with the person or people in question. However, no matter the reasoning, being highly deceptive with those you care about is going to twist and distort any world built together and sacrifices one of the most important parts of our world, truth. I'm loving seeing Hayasaka's journey, but even if she is 18 which I kinda doubt and is an easy disqualifier, she's written as a very flawed character that still has a ways to go before winning a contest like this.

My vote's on the also ever-improving but mature Musashi.

First Devilslayer

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A good Waifu doesn´t need swordguns. It is Waifu Wars, not Warrior Wars;)

Waifu should be cheerful, cute/beautiful, kind, funny, have charisma , good character design and so on. This is only an example.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
A good Waifu doesn´t need swordguns. It is Waifu Wars, not Warrior Wars;)

Waifu should be cheerful, cute/beautiful, kind, funny, have charisma , good character design and so on. This is only an example.
Still down after Round 3? It'll pass bud, vote for Musashi and the pain will go away :hug

First Devilslayer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Still down after Round 3? It'll pass bud, vote for Musashi and the pain will go away :hug

Nice try, but i can`vote for her. I will not betray Rin Tohsaka ;)
Musashi is the reason for the pain. :boxHehe

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nice try, but i can`vote for her. I will not betray Rin Tohsaka ;)
Musashi is the reason for the pain. Hehe
Ah but think, would you not find more solace in having lost to a potential winner than someone who couldn't get the job done? My waifu may be a swordmaster, but she is just as loving, caring, and dependable as other waifus: we may have clashed in previous rounds but you are still welcome in the Musashi camp, all you have to do is join us!

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Again, many thanks to all those who supported Hayasaka in reaching the Finals :zomg I really appreciate it :D

I'll have my campaign posted tmwr, got some coursework to take care of.
EDIT: Campaign Posted

In the meantime, my previous campaigns:
Introducing Ai Hayasaka Part 1 and Part 2
A Date with Ai
Hayasaka Arc
Pics

And some pics with style:

I hope you'll consider voting Hayasaka :)

I like both of these characters (Hayasaka is one of my favorites in Love is War and Musashi is just generally very cool), but in terms of who has better character, Hayasaka is equal parts dishonest and, very importantly immature in both mind and body while Miyamoto very decidedly not.

I thoroughly enjoy her in the show, but Hayasaka is a high school girl that's not of age and, like all of the main cast, has a lot of growing up to do. Though it's often just for her own entertainment, Hayasaka usually is only dishonest when there's a very distinct thing she wants to get done or just to hide the more odd parts of her life and the level of deception varies based on her relationship with the person or people in question. However, no matter the reasoning, being highly deceptive with those you care about is going to twist and distort any world built together and sacrifices one of the most important parts of our world, truth. I'm loving seeing Hayasaka's journey, but even if she is 18 which I kinda doubt and is an easy disqualifier, she's written as a very flawed character that still has a ways to go before winning a contest like this.

My vote's on the also ever-improving but mature Musashi.
She has her own arc(my previous rd post) which addresses this. Spoiler tagged, but at this point necessary to see. Hayasaka is self-aware of her dishonesty, in her own words the personas or “masks” she dons were turning her into a snake. Growing up under the Shinomiya’s is the root of this, and Kaguya herself was very manipulative and cold. Because the Hayasakas are under the the Shinomiya family, Kaguya’s oldest brother exploited this and had Hayasaka take on many roles for his benefit since she was seven, especially monitoring Kaguya. This is the impact it had on her:

Long story short, she kept this all to herself, and found no other option then running away from the Shinomiyas. It was Kaguya and Miyuki that saved her and liberated her from the Shinomiyas. They forgave, empathized with her and now they're closer than ever. It’s been 50 chapters since, and the masks are gone and she’s living a normal life, spending time with Kaguya, Miyuki, Mirin, and Subaru. She’s finally able to be herself. Her character is mostly fleshed out, all that’s left is her role in the upcoming final arc as she assists Kaguya in her fight against the Shinomiyas and I guess an end of series TS.

Wait, why the doubt on her age? She’s graduating in a few months and it's past her 18th birthday in the story. Also, not just her, many of the main cast, Kaguya, Miyuki, Miko, have all grown a lot in the ~150 chaps since S2. It’s fine that you're voting Musashi, but most of your points are addressed in the series.

Last edited:

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Thats a tough matchup. On one side Beno had some awesome campaigns and impressively Hayasaka-ed to the final. On the other hand we got Samy's eternal fight and dedication for his fav waifu, that finally paid off, thus he reached the endgame.
I am however gonna lean towards Musashi. Sam supported Rave Master in Manga Wars after round 1 and all the way to the finals, and i did say that i have to pay back his support at some point. Plus i do like Musashi more (im not familiar with Hayasaka ..the only thing i know is from the campaigns)

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Again, many thanks to all those supported Hayasaka in reaching the Finals :zomg I really appreciate it :D

I'll have my campaign posted tmwr, got some coursework to take care of.

In the meantime, my previous campaigns:
Introducing Ai Hayasaka Part 1 and Part 2
A Date with Ai
Hayasaka Arc
Pics

And some pics with style:

I hope you'll all consider voting Hayasaka :)

She has her own arc(my previous rd post) which addresses this. Spoiler tagged, but at this point necessary to see. Hayasaka is self-aware of her dishonesty, in her own words the personas or “masks” she dons were turning her into a snake. Growing up under the Shinomiya’s is the root of this, and Kaguya herself was very manipulative and cold. Because the Hayasakas are under the the Shinomiya family, Kaguya’s oldest brother exploited this and had Hayasaka take on many roles for his benefit since she was seven, especially monitoring Kaguya. This is the impact it had on her:

Long story short, she kept this all to herself, and found no other option then running away from the Shinomiyas. It was Kaguya and Miyuki that saved her and liberated her from the Shinomiyas. They forgave, empathized with her and now they're closer than ever. It’s been 50 chapters since, and the masks are gone and she’s living a normal life, spending time with Kaguya, Miyuki, Mirin, and Subaru. She’s finally able to be herself. Her character is mostly fleshed out, all that’s left is her role in the upcoming final arc as she assists Kaguya in her fight against the Shinomiyas and I guess an end of series TS.

Wait, why the doubt on her age? She’s graduating in a few months and it's past her 18th birthday in the story. Also, not just her, many of the main cast, Kaguya, Miyuki, Miko, have all grown a lot in the ~150 chaps since S2. It’s fine that you're voting Musashi, but most of your points are addressed in the series.
Yeah, what you're saying (in the non-spoilers) is about in line with my expectations of one of my favorite series and characters, but at the moment, I'm just basing my vote off what I've seen of her in the anime so far.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Though it's good that someone can address my personal concerns for those that don't care or don't have to worry about spoilers for the story.

First Devilslayer

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Come on guys,
join the resistance against the Musashi Imperium.

Ai Hayasaka did it

Please don`t choose the dark side ;)

Chocolatejr9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep, I can already tell this is gonna be tough...

But hey, @SirSamuel016 has been trying this for a while now, and was even willing to lend me a hand when it came to my Pyra campaign (this is my first year doing this, and it shows). The least I can do is return the favor and give them a chance to fulfil their longest goal.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Some Musashi art for your day!

Thats a tough matchup. On one side Beno had some awesome campaigns and impressively Hayasaka-ed to the final. On the other hand we got Samy's eternal fight and dedication for his fav waifu, that finally paid off, thus he reached the endgame.
I am however gonna lean towards Musashi. Sam supported Rave Master in Manga Wars after round 1 and all the way to the finals, and i did say that i have to pay back his support at some point. Plus i do like Musashi more (im not familiar with Hayasaka ..the only thing i know is from the campaigns)

Yep, I can already tell this is gonna be tough...

But hey, @SirSamuel016 has been trying this for a while now, and was even willing to lend me a hand when it came to my Pyra campaign (this is my first year doing this, and it shows). The least I can do is return the favor and give them a chance to fulfil their longest goal.
Thank you so much guys! I appreciate your support my guys! Lucky to have such wonderful supporters on board 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.