American Politics | Page 635 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Biden looks like a diplomatic genius to who, exactly?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

To me Biden looks like the owner of a rabid attack dog that's allowing said dog to make him look inept in an election year. Biden's gambit is that the average American doesn't vote on the basis of whether a candidate is a responsible dog owner or not, but it doesn't change that he's allowed this to hurt his appeal in several key demographics.

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Biden looks like a diplomatic genius to who, exactly?
Democrats. The average American doesn't know anything about global relations, so Biden setting out for diplomatic purposes and succeeding in avoiding what both far right and far left media sources have been calling the start of WW3 makes it look like he pulled off a greater feat than he did thanks to their sensationalizing

To me Biden looks like the owner of a rabid attack dog that's allowing said dog to make him look inept in an election year. Biden's gambit is that the average American doesn't vote on the basis of whether a candidate is a responsible dog owner or not, but it doesn't change that he's allowed this to hurt his appeal in several key demographics.
Yeah, but you're not saying that from the perspective of one of the people who make up the vast majority of the Democratic party.

And for the bolded? He's right. Remember the demographic that's most vocal about his Israel support are the very same demographic least likely to vote at all: young people. Pissing off the people who were never gonna vote for you in the first place isn't a drastic loss.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States

Friendly reminder you're the bad guy if you don't vote Democrat this year!

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
He stole that meme from another dumbass, and it seems whoever agrees with this is okay with innocent people being murdered. Shit like this is why Biden will lose, and it'll be no one's fault but the Dems and their voters.

Irony here is that so many of these groups lost their rights under Biden anyway. Women can't get abortion in several states and if they leave the state to get an abortion, they get punished. Immigrants are still being separated and held at detention centers under bad conditions. LGBT+ people, especially transgender people, saw their rights and safety disappear in several states. And Biden is fueling Islamophobia and anti-Palestinian views and even escalating it by lying and focusing on Hamas while ignoring Israel committing genocide and attacking other countries.

Jeez, Biden has done such a horrible job that the left don't hate Trump as much as they used to, which is quite something.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
He stole that meme from another dumbass, and it seems whoever agrees with this is okay with innocent people being murdered. Shit like this is why Biden will lose, and it'll be no one's fault but the Dems and their voters.
Do you understand what the Trolly Problem is about? It asks the question of whether you would flip the switch to make the trolly run over the one guy, or let it run over the 5 guys instead. What it's trying to determine is where someone's morality lies. The vast majority of people will say it's the morally correct choice to sacrifice one to save the many, making the one person die to avoid killing 5 others. And I agree with it. It has nothing to do with being okay with killing that guy. It's about choosing the least bad thing. The lesser of two evils.

It's the same thing here. You're sacrificing Palestinians to save all of these other demographics. It doesn't mean you're "Okay with it." It means you know what the morally correct choice is.

Irony here is that so many of these groups lost their rights under Biden anyway.
That's not ironic at all. No one's promising the rights of marginalized people are guaranteed under the Democratic party. Only that the Democratic party isn't actively ideologically driven to take those rights away. Women lost Roe v. Wade not because Democrats wanted it gone, but because they failed to protect it while TRYING to protect it. Republicans actively want a nationwide federal ban of abortion and want Trump to do it. They want trans people eradicated. They want to kill DEI. There's no irony here.

hblock

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The trolley problem is fucking stupid because both Biden can stop the ceasefire, and the bottom part has already happened under him.

There is irony because Dems keep insisting Biden will protect the rights of marginalized people, but he's barely done anything. Wade v Roe would have still stood if Dems codified it, and Biden recently continued Trump's wall building. The level of brainwashing is unreal, you Dems keep ignoring the negatives about Biden like you did with Clinton, and if/when he loses, it'll somehow be the left and Muslims' fault despite them saying they won't vote for him.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
The trolley problem is fucking stupid because both Biden can stop the ceasefire, and the bottom part has already happened under him.
No, it hasn't "already happened under him". Things haven't gotten as bad as they can be yet. Roe v. Wade was lost, but Republicans haven't gotten a federal ban on abortion everywhere yet. And that's what they want. It can get so much worse. The abortion bans we've seen so far has only been in certain states. If we lose this election then we lose it in every single state, everywhere.

Is that what you want?

There is irony because Dems keep insisting Biden will protect the rights of marginalized people, but he's barely done anything. Wade v Roe would have still stood if Dems codified it, and Biden recently continued Trump's wall building. The level of brainwashing is unreal, you Dems keep ignoring the negatives about Biden like you did with Clinton, and if/when he loses, it'll somehow be the left and Muslims' fault despite them saying they won't vote for him.
I'm not ignoring any negatives about Biden. I never said he was perfect, I simply said that he's better than Trump. And yes, it will be the fault of every American that didn't vote for Biden if he loses, because the only way to win an election is with votes. That bullshit "He didn't give me a reason to vote for him" excuse is a lie.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Democrats. The average American doesn't know anything about global relations, so Biden setting out for diplomatic purposes and succeeding in avoiding what both far right and far left media sources have been calling the start of WW3 makes it look like he pulled off a greater feat than he did thanks to their sensationalizing
There's at least a sizeable portion of average Americans that doesn't trust much of what the media says anyway. So calling WW3 not happening a victory for Biden's image is a stretch.

Yeah, but you're not saying that from the perspective of one of the people who make up the vast majority of the Democratic party.

And for the bolded? He's right. Remember the demographic that's most vocal about his Israel support are the very same demographic least likely to vote at all: young people. Pissing off the people who were never gonna vote for you in the first place isn't a drastic loss.
You can say my perspective isn't common, and maybe it isn't, but my demographic is. Plus, did I not start that sentence with "To me"?

I didn't say whether he was right or wrong, but it will have an affect on the support he gets from muslim voters which could be key in some places. Also, treating the lack of support from young people as not being a drastic loss... well, I hope for his sake that it's true. Much of how Biden has handled this issue is an unforced error. No one gives a fuck if he's cursing Netanyahu privately. If he's as much of a dyed in the wool zionist has it seems and he's willing to flirt with the prospect of him losing over his policy towards a rogue state that makes him look like an inept fool and flirting with that outcome given the state of this country and what the opposition says they want to accomplish, then that is insanely irresponsible.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
No, it hasn't "already happened under him". Things haven't gotten as bad as they can be yet. Roe v. Wade was lost, but Republicans haven't gotten a federal ban on abortion everywhere yet. And that's what they want. It can get so much worse. The abortion bans we've seen so far has only been in certain states. If we lose this election then we lose it in every single state, everywhere.

Is that what you want?

I'm not ignoring any negatives about Biden. I never said he was perfect, I simply said that he's better than Trump. And yes, it will be the fault of every American that didn't vote for Biden if he loses, because the only way to win an election is with votes. That bullshit "He didn't give me a reason to vote for him" excuse is a lie.
Why didn't it happen under Trump? The abortion ban got further under Biden than it did Trump, as well as other rights having been lost.

So far, Biden has not proven to be better than Trump. In most cases, he's proven to be just as bad, if not worse. If Dems choose to stick with Biden despite being warned months in advance that he won't get votes, then it's their fault, not the people who refuse to vote for a genocidal liar. Biden needs to earn votes, not demand it just because of this silly delusion that he's better than Trump.

But then again, the main difference between Dems and GOP is that Dems pretend to be for minorities and marginalized people while GOP are openly bigoted.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
There's at least a sizeable portion of average Americans that doesn't trust much of what the media says anyway. So calling WW3 not happening a victory for Biden's image is a stretch.
Welp.... maybe the jury is still out on that one

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why didn't it happen under Trump? The abortion ban got further under Biden than it did Trump, as well as other rights having been lost.
Because:
They didn't have the votes to discard Roe or Casey until Biden's presidency. They played the long game until they had the power to act.

So far, Biden has not proven to be better than Trump. In most cases, he's proven to be just as bad, if not worse. If Dems choose to stick with Biden despite being warned months in advance that he won't get votes, then it's their fault, not the people who refuse to vote for a genocidal liar. Biden needs to earn votes, not demand it just because of this silly delusion that he's better than Trump.
This is just false.

Unless you think any of these accomplishments are bad that is.

And yes it is the fault of the people that won't vote for the genocidal liar, because that genocide has nothing to do with American politics. If you don't care about America you can just say so. Or rather, if you care about Palestine more than America. That's more accurate.

But then again, the main difference between Dems and GOP is that Dems pretend to be for minorities and marginalized people while GOP are openly bigoted.
Even if that was the biggest example of differences between the two, that still would make Democrats better than Republicans because they make minorities feel like there's someone out there who has their backs. I've never once in my life saw Republicans as more than an enemie. And Democrats as the better of two evils. But that "better" part is the key part.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

We can blame Biden for a lot but the make-up of the Supreme Court that overturned Roe v. Wade isn't one of them. (we can probably blame the DNC though)

The genocide Biden condones can overshadow a lot of the positives he may have accomplished, but that doesn't make him worse than Trump.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, but what side of the political compass do you think these "skeptics" lie on? Lefties didn't turn into Q-anon until last October.

You can say my perspective isn't common, and maybe it isn't, but my demographic is. Plus, did I not start that sentence with "To me"?
Sure, but I interpreted that as "This is how it looks to me, and since I'm a part of (insert demographic), you should be concerned the rest of my fellow (insert demographic) will see it this way too."

I didn't say whether he was right or wrong, but it will have an affect on the support he gets from muslim voters which could be key in some places. Also, treating the lack of support from young people as not being a drastic loss... well, I hope for his sake that it's true. Much of how Biden has handled this issue is an unforced error. No one gives a fuck if he's cursing Netanyahu privately. If he's as much of a dyed in the wool zionist has it seems then he's willing to flirt with the prospect of him losing over his policy towards a rogue state that makes him look like an inept fool. And flirting with that outcome given the state of this country and what the opposition says they want to accomplish is insanely irresponsible.
Well yeah, sure. I know it takes as many votes as one can get to win, and losing any votes is a negative. I'm just not positive it's negative enough. I don't think there are that many voting Muslims in America that they can shift the win to Trump. I DO think there are probably more Jews in America. I think any discontent among Muslims will be negated via Jewish mobilization, older Democrats who actually vote, and women and progressives that want abortion protections.

We can blame Biden for a lot but the make-up of the Supreme Court that overturned Roe v. Wade isn't one of them. (we can probably blame the DNC though)
Yep.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Okay.

7.5 million Jews in America. 64% lean Democrat https://www.pewresearch.org/religio...religious-tradition/jewish/party-affiliation/
3.45 Muslims in America. 62% typically lean Democrat https://www.pewresearch.org/religio...religious-tradition/muslim/party-affiliation/

I think this was from 2021. Surely things have changed recently though. I think that Muslims that don't want to vote Biden, won't vote Trump. They'll just abstain from voting because well... they're usually more Democratic. It's hard to vote for a political party that hates your religion, thinks you're evil, and don't want you serving in the military. And Jews? I think people that normally wouldn't vote in that middle section, will move in and help because Biden is showing support for their people. So a lot of the lost Muslim votes may be corrected by an influx of Jewish votes.

Maybe. Hopefully.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah, but what side of the political compass do you think these "skeptics" lie on? Lefties didn't turn into Q-anon until last October.
It's more endemic to the right wing, but I think particularly because of the media landscape in regards to Gaza, more and more people on the left are aware of the use of things like passive voice, genocide apologia, or outright lies.

What does "turn into Q-anon" even mean? Is it an honest thing to compare pizzagate or jewish space lasers to 100k+ casualties?

Sure, but I interpreted that as "This is how it looks to me, and since I'm a part of (insert demographic), you should be concerned the rest of my fellow (insert demographic) will see it this way too."
I wouldn't be a part of the young demographic, well maybe compared to boomers and retirees. But yeah, I think Biden and his campaign should have had the savvy to very quickly know that his administration's approach to the issue wouldn't be popular. Democrats crush when young voters show up, it's an axiom. If you don't care enough about that then you're banking on margins that no one would confidently count on, especially not against Trump. And of course that's not even considering their approach being morally reprehensible, but it's not like that's relevant to either party.

Well yeah, sure. I know it takes as many votes as one can get to win, and losing any votes is a negative. I'm just not positive it's negative enough. I don't think there are that many voting Muslims in America that they can shift the win to Trump. I DO think there are probably more Jews in America. I think any discontent among Muslims will be negated via Jewish mobilization, older Democrats who actually vote, and women and progressives that want abortion protections.
They have a relevant voting bloc in a potential swing state like Michigan. There's also evidence that increased voter turnout among muslim voters in Arizona and Georgia made a difference in 2020. So unless you feel like there's no way that the election will be close, it is a relevant amount of voters. It's also worth noting that while the majority of muslim voters voted for Biden in 2020, Trump received a higher percentage of votes then compared to what he got in 2016.

Also, I don't have a good way to quantify how much "Jewish mobilization" is a factor here. Netanyahu isn't popular, Jews that find Israel relevant to them as Americans is a shrinking demographic, as are Orthodox Jews.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Because:
They didn't have the votes to discard Roe or Casey until Biden's presidency. They played the long game until they had the power to act.

This is just false.

Unless you think any of these accomplishments are bad that is.

And yes it is the fault of the people that won't vote for the genocidal liar, because that genocide has nothing to do with American politics. If you don't care about America you can just say so. Or rather, if you care about Palestine more than America. That's more accurate.

Even if that was the biggest example of differences between the two, that still would make Democrats better than Republicans because they make minorities feel like there's someone out there who has their backs. I've never once in my life saw Republicans as more than an enemie. And Democrats as the better of two evils. But that "better" part is the key part.
Quite a few minorities now don't feel like Dems or any politician has their backs anymore, not when people who speak against the genocide get punished for it while Zionists who call for more genocide still have their jobs. As I said, LGBT+ people and women in several states have lost protection, and people of color are still facing racism, especially from cops who have seen their funding go up by the same party that said they were defunding police.

A lot of these accomplishments are negated by stuff like shortening isolation time for covid and etc. So again, it's not the fault of people that won't vote for a genocidal liar, and if America truly is a democratic country, then these same people shouldn't be forced or harassed into voting for a president that's allowing violence to happen. And the genocide has everything to do with American politics. Palestinian supporters are being attacked, harassed, doxxed, and murdered, and USA keeps sending Israel billions of dollars and weapons so they can murder innocent people, while doing very little to help American people.

If you care about America then this should disturb you. If you're moral and better than Trump or his cult like you claim to be, you should care about Biden encouraging a genocide. If you don't want Trump to win, you should be wanting Dems to replace Biden with a better candidate.

The genocide Biden condones can overshadow a lot of the positives he may have accomplished, but that doesn't make him worse than Trump.
I didn't blame Biden for that, I just said it happened under him. I blame Trump because he's the one that packed the court with conservatives, but couldn't Biden have done more, or looked like he was doing his best?

It's not just the genocide, but stuff like barely cancelling student loans, not doing much about rising costs, and sending Ukraine and Israel billions of dollars while barely helping Americans.

Also, has Biden done more to help migrants that were/are being separated and thrown in buildings?

That is/was me esp back in Oct as I was and am still not keen on Trump winning.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
There was not much biden could have done in regards to roe v wade. He is a president, he has no power over SCOTUS. Him trying to interfere with scotus stuff would be deeply problematic (as in, ending your form of governance problematic)... Democrats fucked up with roe v wade because once they got it they left it at that. They should have gone on to create laws to regulate this which they arguably had over the past several decades. It's a massive failure of governance for democrats over decades.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
What does "turn into Q-anon" even mean? Is it an honest thing to compare pizzagate or jewish space lasers to 100k+ casualties?
I'm referring to the Left's newfound love for alternative news sources and unwillingness to accept mainstream ones because it's "fake news" perpetuated by Zionist Jews. It used to be Q-anon scapegoating Jews for a top-down evil conspiracy.

I wouldn't be a part of the young demographic, well maybe compared to boomers and retirees. But yeah, I think Biden and his campaign should have had the savvy to very quickly know that his administration's approach to the issue wouldn't be popular. Democrats crush when young voters show up, it's an axiom. If you don't care enough about that then you're banking on margins that no one would confidently count on, especially not against Trump. And of course that's not even considering their approach being morally reprehensible, but it's not like that's relevant to either party.
I'm sure they knew it wouldn't be popular... but they underestimated how loud those who disliked Biden's approach would be. And it's not yet determined just how bad of a hit Biden'll take because we won't know just how many young voters will change their minds in the time from October 7th to voting day. It's a crap shoot. These voters have girlfriends... wives, daughters, and sisters. And some of them are women themselves. They've got some introspection to do, and as far as me banking on margins I shouldn't count on... well, I could say the same thing to college kids that think Biden losing the election will help Palestinians in ANY way whatsoever.

They have a relevant voting bloc in a potential swing state like Michigan. There's also evidence that increased voter turnout among muslim voters in Arizona and Georgia made a difference in 2020. So unless you feel like there's no way that the election will be close, it is a relevant amount of voters. It's also worth noting that while the majority of muslim voters voted for Biden in 2020, Trump received a higher percentage of votes then compared to what he got in 2016.
I'll admit I didn't take into consideration a swing state having a large Muslim population. Apparently in 2023, of the 110,000 people in Dearborn Michigan, 55 percent are Arab. Gonna go out on a limb and assume Michigan doesn't have a huge Jewish population.

Also, I don't have a good way to quantify how much "Jewish mobilization" is a factor here. Netanyahu isn't popular, Jews that find Israel relevant to them as Americans is a shrinking demographic, as are Orthodox Jews.
I can't put a direct number on it, but Jews are notoriously community-driven and especially focused on the flourishing of their people. I don't think Netanyahu can change that.

If you care about America then this should disturb you. If you're moral and better than Trump or his cult like you claim to be, you should care about Biden encouraging a genocide. If you don't want Trump to win, you should be wanting Dems to replace Biden with a better candidate.
How do you replace the current president with a new candidate without them choosing to step down as president?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Welp.