American Politics | Page 636 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

American Politics

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I wonder what it is with some folk thinking everything is a ponzi scheme... How can bitcoin even be a ponzi scheme?

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
My guess is it's the same mindstate that convinces you everything is a deep state op to control your freedoms. I really don't like this "anything I don't like is done by a cabal of evil people who are out to get me" mindstate.

Newkerzy

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I wonder what it is with some folk thinking everything is a ponzi scheme... How can bitcoin even be a ponzi scheme?
As suspect as the way bitcoin works, it definitely ain’t a ponzi scheme.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
There was not much biden could have done in regards to roe v wade. He is a president, he has no power over SCOTUS. Him trying to interfere with scotus stuff would be deeply problematic (as in, ending your form of governance problematic)... Democrats fucked up with roe v wade because once they got it they left it at that. They should have gone on to create laws to regulate this which they arguably had over the past several decades. It's a massive failure of governance for democrats over decades.
Exactly, Dems did not codify Roe v Wade, which was finally shot down under Biden. Dems have shot themselves in the foot many times so far to the point that it makes no sense for them to demand votes just because "hurr durr better than Trump!"
Would be funny if they were underestimating Trump and his fucked up cult again.

If this is true, and if a lot of those yeses came from Dems, then yikes.

catagon87

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why didn't it happen under Trump? The abortion ban got further under Biden than it did Trump, as well as other rights having been lost.
We can blame Biden for a lot but the make-up of the Supreme Court that overturned Roe v. Wade isn't one of them. (we can probably blame the DNC though)
The only person you can blame for the overturning of Roe v. Wade is RBG. Ginsburg knew she should have stepped down when Obama was still in office. She literally decided to play roulette with the country's future at stake with nothing the lose and landed us Barrett.

Republicans had been salivating over the potential overturning of Roe v. Wade for decades, and only needed one more justice to get it, which Ginsburg knew.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So far, Biden has not proven to be better than Trump. In most cases, he's proven to be just as bad, if not worse. If Dems choose to stick with Biden despite being warned months in advance that he won't get votes, then it's their fault, not the people who refuse to vote for a genocidal liar. Biden needs to earn votes, not demand it just because of this silly delusion that he's better than Trump.
Biden isn't perfect and nobody thought he was going to be perfect. I don't think it's fair to say he's "not better than Trump" though. In the context of certain issues they are the same, sure, but there from an objective point of view:
  • Nepotism in the Government was at all time highs with Trump
  • Trump has a habit of cozying up to our enemies and alienating our friends - he literally says he wants to withdraw from NATO
  • There's some pretty big indicators that Trump is actually compromised by foreign Governments
  • No form of loan forgiveness would have ever made it past Trump, yet has from Biden
Biden is an old-AF white dude and it was never thought he was going to be some huge bringer of change. He was literally the "anyone but Trump" candidate that Democrats could muster.

Idealism only gets you so far in this world. Handing Trump an election because you think Biden hasn't done enough is like slapping yourself in the face because someone else pissed you off.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The only person you can blame for the overturning of Roe v. Wade is RBG. Ginsburg knew she should have stepped down when Obama was still in office. She literally decided to play roulette with the country's future at stake with nothing the lose and landed us Barrett.

Republicans had been salivating over the potential overturning of Roe v. Wade for decades, and only needed one more justice to get it, which Ginsburg knew.

Biden isn't perfect and nobody thought he was going to be perfect. I don't think it's fair to say he's "not better than Trump" though. In the context of certain issues they are the same, sure, but there from an objective point of view:
  • Nepotism in the Government was at all time highs with Trump
  • Trump has a habit of cozying up to our enemies and alienating our friends - he literally says he wants to withdraw from NATO
  • There's some pretty big indicators that Trump is actually compromised by foreign Governments
  • No form of loan forgiveness would have ever made it past Trump, yet has from Biden
Biden is an old-AF white dude and it was never thought he was going to be some huge bringer of change. He was literally the "anyone but Trump" candidate that Democrats could muster.

Idealism only gets you so far in this world. Handing Trump an election because you think Biden hasn't done enough is like slapping yourself in the face because someone else pissed you off.
Was she not a Democrat? This does not help the Dems at all, because it still comes down to them either not codifying Roe v Wade or not stepping down when they should have.

Lot of left and young people, the reasons why he won, voted for him because Biden supporters/Dems convinced us that he could be pushed to the left. We never expected him to be perfect, but we trusted him to do things like cancel student loans, be tougher on handling covid, and protect the rights of minorities. Failed on those accounts, one way or another.

Didn't Biden get caught with documents in his home or something? And Biden's loan forgiveness is still not enough, especially given what he promised, and likely because he knows he's in trouble. That's like me promising to do you a favor back when you do me a favor, but then refusing when your life depends on that favor.

Why can't Dems just replace Biden and Harris with someone else, if they care about winning?

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Was she not a Democrat? This does not help the Dems at all, because it still comes down to them either not codifying Roe v Wade or not stepping down when they should have.
She was a Democrat, but my point is that you do what you can with the power you have. Codifying Roe V Wade is not something a single person can do. She had the power to nearly guarantee Democrats don't dip to less than four justices on the Supreme Court and she squandered it for her own selfish idealism.

Lot of left and young people, the reasons why he won, voted for him because Biden supporters/Dems convinced us that he could be pushed to the left. We never expected him to be perfect, but we trusted him to do things like cancel student loans, be tougher on handling covid, and protect the rights of minorities. Failed on those accounts, one way or another.

Didn't Biden get caught with documents in his home or something? And Biden's loan forgiveness is still not enough, especially given what he promised, and likely because he knows he's in trouble. That's like me promising to do you a favor back when you do me a favor, but then refusing when your life depends on that favor.

Why can't Dems just replace Biden and Harris with someone else, if they care about winning?
How do you expect Biden to be even remotely effective further left than he already is with the current political make up? He entered office with a Republican Senate Majority, then it shifted to a split Senate with Republican control in the House. The fact that any loans were forgiven in this political environment is a win. If you want to blame someone for not codifying Roe V Wade then blame the Democrats of the 2000's who squandered their super majority.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Playing devil's advocate here, if she quit for ideological reasons to ensure an ideological tilt of the SCOTUS, which is supposed to be impartial, is not a healthy development for it. Of course, nowadays there's no pretense that the SCOTUS mostly votes on ideological lines rather than the spirit of the law but at the time RBG was around things weren't as they are now (though I'll maintain that roe v wade was pretty wonky). Big picture what you have is no real attempts to make scotus work better and democrats being unprincipled corporate hacks that can't or won't do anything to make the government work better.

On that note, it seems like DJT stock continues to hold up. Trump fanatics are committed to the meme...

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States

This, so much. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. Because perfect will never win, since it's an impossible ideal to achieve. Incrementalism isn't a dirty word.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
She was a Democrat, but my point is that you do what you can with the power you have. Codifying Roe V Wade is not something a single person can do. She had the power to nearly guarantee Democrats don't dip to less than four justices on the Supreme Court and she squandered it for her own selfish idealism.

How do you expect Biden to be even remotely effective further left than he already is with the current political make up? He entered office with a Republican Senate Majority, then it shifted to a split Senate with Republican control in the House. The fact that any loans were forgiven in this political environment is a win. If you want to blame someone for not codifying Roe V Wade then blame the Democrats of the 2000's who squandered their super majority.
Democrats had the power multiple times to do it but refused to. They're hurting themselves here and giving people less and less incentive to vote for them. The pro-Dem arguments are not helping at all.

He can fight for stuff or at least look like he's trying to fight. Plus, if Trump can do executive orders, then so can Biden

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Democrats had the power multiple times to do it but refused to. They're hurting themselves here and giving people less and less incentive to vote for them. The pro-Dem arguments are not helping at all.

He can fight for stuff or at least look like he's trying to fight. Plus, if Trump can do executive orders, then so can Biden
The only time in the past few decades this would have made any sense as a possibility would have been the brief period when Obama was in office where Democrats had a super-majority. It's been too split ever since. The closest Democrats have come to having both the House and Senate (which would both be required) was a complete split where Harris would have been the deciding vote, but a split vote on such an issue would be unlikely due to the fact that there are likely a few Democrats who wouldn't support codifying Roe V Wade.

Biden has issued executive orders for things like loan forgiveness, but those are not all-powerful. Congress can circumvent executive orders, and have. Executive orders are the legislative equivalent of patching a leak with a bandaid.

I mean, in your perfect world what would Biden do? He's not all powerful..

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Biden's loan forgiveness probably won't look great in the near future. He is forgiving some loans but no one has done anything to prevent student loan debt from getting to absurd levels in the future. And it's definitely not something democrats can do indefinitely. Let alone if you have a republican president who is less likely to forgive said debt.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States

:3

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Ah yes, the reminder that folk today have replaced ideas, principles and basic decency for memes and social media likes...

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wasn't being hyperbolic when I was saying this is just the newest opportunity for people to virtue signal about how non-racist they are.

Don't get me wrong: I love that people want to do SOMETHING. I love the empathy. But when you don't educate yourself about why you're doing what you're doing you:

1: Could accidentally end up on the wrong side of a given issue
2: Could end up on the right side of a given issue, but come off as being on the wrong side because you seem unhinged and thus scare normies away from aiding you

This is what the pro-Palestine far left are doing (number 2, not number 1).

Also:
Fuck Piers Morgan, but also fuck Hasan so *shrug*

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't even think it's empathy at this point (at least in a lot of cases). It's just people looking for likes on the internet. People not knowing what they are protesting for is more than a silly internet meme. None of those people would even begin to have an idea or opinion of what they think relevant policy to their causes should look like. How do you even meet the demands of someone who doesn't even support specific policy positions?

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't even think it's empathy at this point (at least in a lot of cases). It's just people looking for likes on the internet. People not knowing what they are protesting for is more than a silly internet meme. None of those people would even begin to have an idea or opinion of what they think relevant policy to their causes should look like. How do you even meet the demands of someone who doesn't even support specific policy positions?
By, unfortunately, playing their game while also trying to move them over to more reasonable positions. It's why I bent over backwards for like 3 whole pages in this thread saying "Yes, I agree. IDF bad. Genocide bad. Palestinians are the victims. We need a solution that doesn't include continuous bombing of the Gaza strip." I kept conceding ground in hopes of helping everyone relax so we can brainstorm realistic options toward peace.

You can go back and read the interactions with me and... fucking everyone else in here to see how well that worked out though. So it doesn't work for everyone. But the chick in that video and her friend? Maybe they weren't too far gone.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The only time in the past few decades this would have made any sense as a possibility would have been the brief period when Obama was in office where Democrats had a super-majority. It's been too split ever since. The closest Democrats have come to having both the House and Senate (which would both be required) was a complete split where Harris would have been the deciding vote, but a split vote on such an issue would be unlikely due to the fact that there are likely a few Democrats who wouldn't support codifying Roe V Wade.

Biden has issued executive orders for things like loan forgiveness, but those are not all-powerful. Congress can circumvent executive orders, and have. Executive orders are the legislative equivalent of patching a leak with a bandaid.

I mean, in your perfect world what would Biden do? He's not all powerful..
Nah, they had plenty of chances to codify Roe v Wade for decades. And the fact that there would be a few Democrats that wouldn't support codifying Roe v Wade would also show that Democrats like to talk but not take action.

As per my last message, Biden can actually show he cares and is fighting to carry out his promises. He's not doing himself any favors tweeting stuff like "I'm against Islamophobia" when he's playing a huge part in fueling that.

Yes, let's take one person and use them as an example and ignore countless of other Palestinian supporters who has constantly spoken up about Palestine! And forget the fact that streamers like destiny can cherry pick what to show!

By, unfortunately, playing their game while also trying to move them over to more reasonable positions. It's why I bent over backwards for like 3 whole pages in this thread saying "Yes, I agree. IDF bad. Genocide bad. Palestinians are the victims. We need a solution that doesn't include continuous bombing of the Gaza strip." I kept conceding ground in hopes of helping everyone relax so we can brainstorm realistic options toward peace.
You also forget, "HAMAS BAD YOU MUST CONDEMN HAMAS BOO TO HAMAS!!" while ignoring Zionists attacking Palestinians and Muslims. So far, I've not heard of a Palestine supporter committing acts of violence against Jewish people like you claimed they would, after a vet self-immolated. You weren't bending over backward, you kept pointing out Hamas kidnapping citizens (which wasn't a good thing, don't get me wrong), but nothing about Israel continuously indiscriminately bombing Gaza and killing their own people.

Realistic option towards peace would be to give Palestine lands back to Palestine and kick out all the Zionists, try the IOF as war criminals for their hands in torture, genocide, rape, and other horrible things, and let Palestinians live in peace. Last time they let Zionists live with Palestinians, Zionists kicked Palestinians off their land and murdered them in a Nakba.

Biden just signed into law banning TikTok if it doesn't sell to an American company. Why are Biden and Dems so hellbent on ruining Dems' chances to win 2024? Like, I know he's in Israel's pocket, and the politicians are scared of how powerful TikTok is in informing people, but this is ridiculous. If Trump promises to fight for TikTok, then he's definitely way more likely to win.

ninjabot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, let's take one person and use them as an example and ignore countless of other Palestinian supporters who has constantly spoken up about Palestine! And forget the fact that streamers like destiny can cherry pick what to show!
I'm actually impressed, and surprised, that you didn't accuse them of being fake plants to make American Palestinian supporters look bad.

You also forget, "HAMAS BAD YOU MUST CONDEMN HAMAS BOO TO HAMAS!!" while ignoring Zionists attacking Palestinians and Muslims. So far, I've not heard of a Palestine supporter committing acts of violence against Jewish people like you claimed they would, after a vet self-immolated. You weren't bending over backward, you kept pointing out Hamas kidnapping citizens (which wasn't a good thing, don't get me wrong), but nothing about Israel continuously indiscriminately bombing Gaza and killing their own people.
I didn't even bring up the kidnapping until what like... two months ago? We've been arguing about this for half a year now. There are many, many more examples of me trying to reach across the aisle and help you see reason. I just stopped after you accused me of being an Islamaphobe and then called for the destruction of a country.

Realistic option towards peace would be to give Palestine lands back to Palestine and kick out all the Zionists, try the IOF as war criminals for their hands in torture, genocide, rape, and other horrible things, and let Palestinians live in peace. Last time they let Zionists live with Palestinians, Zionists kicked Palestinians off their land and murdered them in a Nakba.
Are you aware that you just claimed that a realistic path to peace would be Israel, a much larger, much more powerful country, backed by the most powerful country on the planet, just... giving up and letting Palestine have what they want. What in the hell is realistic about that!?