Anime League - Anime League - Summer 2018 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime League Anime League - Summer 2018

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Anime League Summer 2018

Ladies and Gentleman, dear Otakus,
welcome to MangaHelpers' new season of the Anime League!
About
  • This league has one purpose and one alone. To crown the best Anime of the season.
Rules
  • Every user gets to nominate his top 3 episodes of the week in THIS thread.
  • Nominating day is on Sunday. It is possible to nominate BEFORE that day, but NOT after the following Monday.
  • A week goes from Sunday to Saturday. The Nomination day for that whole week is the day AFTER that Saturday. For example: This week goes from Jul 1st to Jul 7th, 23:59 CET. Voting days for this week would be the 8th till the 9th 23:59 CET.
  • The nominations get counted. The Anime with the most votes in total wins the league.
  • There won't be a restriction for Anime which have no threads here
  • Only TV shows count (no OVA, no movies, no ONA, no TV specials)
  • The nominations for all shows will count as if they all had the same amount of episodes during this season. Shows with just 10, 11 or 12 episodes will get additional points based on the average they got so far to make it fair.
  • A show which is longer than one cour is eligible for the season until it gets a new opening song.
Results
  • We will post an updated table each week to keep you updated about which Anime is leading so far.
  • Every user who voted for the winning Anime has the chance to win a badge at the end of the year. So keep on nominating!

This thread is for nomination only!
Please discuss the Anime in their threads in the subforum.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please send us a PM or ask us here.

Please refer to this chart for shows which do air during this season.

Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Let's go'

Harukana Receive
Hanebado
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Hanebado
Captain Tsubasa

For now

Reactions: Sky

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
For now:

Captain Tsubasa.
Banana Fish.
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro
Hanebado
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu.

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Banana Fish
Hanebado!

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Too many to watch and even more next week... :sweat
Oh well, I'll just lean back and enjoy it all. :popcorn

This Weeks Picks!

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu -ep01- One of the best new starts! Looking forward to more!
Banana Fish -ep01- Pretty exciting start!
Shichisei no Subaru -ep01- This was unexpectedly good!

Captain Tsubasa -ep14- Great game so far vs Meiwa. I know its part of the game, but I don't like teams that foul deliberately.
Harukana Receive -ep01- Here is a sports anime for people who don't like sports anime. :XD
Steins;Gate 0 -ep13- Kagari's memories are returning… and so are her abductors.
Island -ep01- Good start! Something weird about this island, not including the time-traveling amnesiac
Hanebado! -ep01- Sports anime. I dub thee: Bishojou Badminton… it’s a better name than Hanebado
Planet With -ep01- MC with amnesia ends up fighting the heros. Not bad so far.
Sunohara-sou no Kanrinin-san -ep01- A 10 yr old boy moves into a rooming house with an overly affectionate Kanrinin.
Back Street Girls -ep01- 3 Yakuza screwed up… bad! Their punishment… makes me laugh a lot. I might have preferred death.
Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa -ep01- Looking forward to this series… Nararator annoys me though.
Senjuushi -ep01- Bishounen is kind of a turn off for me. Maybe it'll surprise me in a good way.
Satsuriku no Tenshi -ep01- This show will either shoot to the top or drop to the bottom. OK for the moment.
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro -ep01- Interesting so far, hope it gets funnier.
Hataraku Saibou -ep01- Interesting premise. Reminded me of Moyashimon. I suspect this'll get old fast.
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria -ep01- OK so far… I'll give it another couple of episodes.

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season - skip week

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Island
Washing up on a beach naked and having a girl fall on you lol, what a way to start an episode.

That was rather creepy of him trying to kiss Karen like that.

So storms keep bringing people to this island, even Rinne said she washed up on it, well at least now he has a place to stay, that is a huge place.

Scary how he has a vision of someone wanting to kill him and then the note in the basement.

Rinne has a very nice voice, nice song too, not sure how seeing sunlight can kill her though, maybe we will find out more in the upcoming episodes.

I believe he's from the future and is there to change the past, interesting visions he is having with the 3 girls.

Pretty interesting anime so far, I enjoyed it and looking forward to watching more, it is very mysterious.

Isakai Mou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
I have watched a number of anime's in the last 5+ years or so where the player(s) get transported into the game they are playing, I think I have enjoyed them all so far, now to see how this one goes.

How am I supposed to talk to girls? The greatest challenge that faces any shut in lol.

That was some rather funny torture to watch.

EXPLOSION!

Pretty good start to start show, I enjoyed it, looking forward to watching the next episode.

Hataraku Saibou
That was pretty funny seeing the white blood cells massacre those germs.

What a comical red blood cell, quite the adventure she had trying to get to her destination.

So there are cells that are even more hardcore then him, they even have kill on their caps.

That bacterium was quite a handful but he had a great plan to trap and then have it be sneezed out, everyone was saluting it lol.

The bloodlust the white blood cells have for germs is funny, that germ at the end got massacred big time.

This was really good, I thought I would just take a look because I love comedy but it definitely exceeded my expectations and I'm looking forward to watching the next episode.

I'm also learning a bit of the body while I am watching so it's educational at the same time.

DIE GERMS!

Honorable Mentions
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
It's nice to king the king of another world where you have all the power and all the girls like you.

I guess we will see in the upcoming episodes how he actually got there in the first place.

Having knowledge of the past will help him conquer a lot more clans, he showed it in this battle.

Having a solar powered smartphone that works properly and can actually make calls to the other world is incredible.

I don't like those uncles, they are out to get them, that was fantastic when he got mad and told them all shut up.

Decent start to this anime, I am looking forward to watching more.

Satsuriku no Tenshi
That is one crazy lunatic with a sickle, thank goodness Rachel was able to escape.

I had a feeling that doctor was some kind of perverted weirdo, well he's dead now before he could do anything too messed up to Rachel, he was probably gonna take her eyes out, he was obsessed with him.

So the lunatic broke the rules by killing someone on another floor, does that mean Rachel is not allowed to kill anyone on another floor either? The doctor did mention something about not being able to go to another floor when Rachel tried to get away.

Rachel has no choice but to pair up with the lunatic, he can get rid of anyone in their way to help Rachel get to the top one way or another.

After watching this 1st episode all I can say is wow, quite the start to this anime and I'm surprised by how good it was, definitely not my kind of game though, that's a last place I would want to be trapped in.

Shichisei no Subaru

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Planet With
Banana Fish

Both quirky and with an interesting premise, that's how I like it : D

Third vote goes to Steins;Gate 0 I guess, considering I haven't watched any other new show yet. I'm aiming for the opposite of Wowszer, meaning I want to watch as fewest shows as possible :XD

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
My last Nomination

Banana Fish

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll vote for..

This looks like it's going to be great. Production values are crazy too.
Planet With Weird but pretty good. Reminds me of Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer.
Shichisei no Subaru It was good but I feel like I'm going to regret starting this. I can already tell it's going to aim for the feels.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Banana Fish
Asobi Asobase
Planet With

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Here we go again:

Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
►​
1​
8​
►​
2​
Banana Fish
6​
►​
3​
Hanebado
4​
►​
4​
Planet With
3​
►​
5​
Captain Tsubasa 2018
2​
►​
5​
Shichisei no Subaru
2​
►​
7​
Asobi Asobase
1​
►​
7​
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro
1​
►​
7​
Harukana Receive
1​
►​
7​
Hataraku Saibou
1​
►​
7​
Island
1​
►​
7​
Steins;Gate 0
1​

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Hataraku Saibou

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hataraku Saibou
Main red blood cell completely lost as usual, why am I not surprised lol.

I hope Platelets are in every episode, I need my daily dose of Kawaii.

Wow the damage inside caused by a scrape wound, it was like a nuclear weapon went off, good thing our main white blood cell was around to rescue a few people, and of course to kills the germs.

I think it's a good thing the white blood cells are a bunch of freaks, they go around hacking and slaying all day and are generally covered in blood, It's also funny hearing them talk about killing germs lol.

Ah so that's what the Platelets do, so much fun seeing them in action.

Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
Mahiru is a good friend helping out Karen in the morning like that, seems she has to do it quite a bit.

Hikari has grown into a distant and cold person, maybe it's because she is so serious to become a top professional performer, from what I saw of her she was excellent, her moves looks to be flawless.

Karen sure does have some weird dreams, talking to a giraffe while watching the show lol, I think it's one she needed though, she needs to work really hard, those girls she is competing against are very good,.

Hoshimi had a lot of good moves there and also displayed some earlier in the episode with Karen, she looks like she could be a top performer.

I learned about this anime because it was announced it was getting a Weiss Schwarz set a while back so I thought I might as well give it a watch to see what it's about.

I enjoyed this, I thought it was pretty good and I am looking forward to watching more.

And there is the obligatory grope scene, I'm scene he will feel the boobs of every woman by the time this show is over.

Guess it's rather hard to control your powers when you are LV 150, first the cutting himself way too much and nearly destroying the mirror and the whole town in the process.

That was some rather impressive magic he used in those instances, I was hoping to see him destroy a wild giant snake though.

Being alone with a girl, the greatest weakness of a shut in.

Honorable Mentions

Island
Rinne dies if light touches her because of a curse, but they have her in the light for most of the opening.

Yeah no surprise Karen would be half undressed when he walked in, saw that one coming a mile away.

So Rinne isn't cursed after all, I had my suspicions about that condition and also these island stories they are holding everyone back, glad her mother explained everything to Setsuna.

Zoids Wild
A lot different then what we are used to seeing, the people are riding them and piloting them from the outside and using that key to complete the bonding with the Zoid, I don't mind the change though, it's something new and different.

The Wild Liger looks to be pretty strong, I really liked the transformation scene, it got some cool looking weapons from it.

I thought this was ok, it wasn't the same spectacular action I am used to when it comes to Zoids but I thought it was fine for a first episode, there will be plenty of action to come, especially next episode by the looks of it.

Very happy to see another Zoids anime, been a long time since Genesis.

Chaotic Century/Guardian Force still my favourite.

I still love playing the Zoids Legacy (Saga II) DS Game, so much fun.

Happy Sugar Life
She says to the manager the she shouldn't be with underage kids yet Satou is with one herself that's a lot younger, either way she's now able to get the money that she wants, both of them are messed up in the head.

Wow what a psychotic girl Satou is, she has mutilated whoever those people were to take over their apartment and kidnapped Shio.

What a dark anime this, definitely the opposite of happy sugar, very messed up but I want to watch more because of how interesting it is.

Satsuriku no Tenshi
Well isn't that nice of them to make a grave for Rachel, and everyone else stuck in that place by the looks of it

Good thing Isaac said he was dumb, his dumb luck just found the trigger.

There's the next creep to deal with, guess it's only natural he would have a shovel since he build those graves.

Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
Siegrune is a beast, I really like seeing her fight.

Another victory, I like how he calls everything a cheat because that's basically what they are, it's make an incredible difference having knowledge from the future to help, the Katana is a great example of the advantages they have over others.

You got lots beautiful women in the bath with you, stop complaining lol.

Looks like a new challenger has appeared at the end.

Overlord III
Ok for a first episode, everyone gets a day off and we got some fun comedy to laugh at

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Happy Sugar Life
Asobi Asobase
Grand Blue

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Strong season so far in my eyes, I have trouble to decide which three shows I should nominate...

Happy Sugar Life (Kana Hanazawa is such an awesome VA, she's one of the reasons why the first ep worked pretty well if you can appreciate that... kind of story)
Gintama (it's back and it's strong, really like the new OP too)
Boku no Hero Academia

Honorable mentions to Overlord (good start, but it felt more like a fillerish comedy episode) and Banana Fish, which had a pretty strong second episode. Looks like this season could be a lot of fun :popcorn

Gajeel

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Banana Fish
Boku no Hero Academia

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator