Theory - Appetite Demons, awakening and resurrection - The Quest for Answers! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Appetite Demons, awakening and resurrection - The Quest for Answers!

S-H-I-G-U-R-E

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well, it came out again in one of the "last chapter discussion" topics, so I decided to make a new thread just about the appetite demons and the role of gourmet ingredients and full courses and Center and so on, in the attempt to find a unifying theory about it. I'm still far from it, but I think I made some progresses, which I wanted to share with you all and possibly elaborate on them a bit further. So.. let's start! Pictures are under spoilers!

Blue himself explained that Red and him eat different things and that this isn't the right world for Blue. I also believe that the awakening of an appetite demon (like what happened to White when Toriko ate the extinct fish ingredient) and the "resurrection" of the full power of an appetite demon are two different things. The earth's full course enables the user to control his demon as if the demon's body was the user's body, but Red could physically manifest himself waaaay earlier in the story, as did Blue even before eating Air and as did White when he came out to take Acacia's hand as souvenir. Also, if you remember, Toriko stated that originally his own hair was Black, so at some point during his childhood e ate a compatible ingredient that AWAKENED Blue. And Toriko's hair changed and became blue as well. The opposite could be seen when Blue came out of Toriko's body to fight Heracles, since Toriko's hair turned black once again, albeit until Blue was forced back inside Toriko's body. But of course there's also to consider the fact that Toriko is the only character we have seen who has more than 1 appetite demon, so my whole theory might be completely wrong and Toriko being its only exception because multiple demons inside the same body might have different rules for awakening and resurrecting (it would be impractical to have 3 demons resurrect at the same time, wouldn't it?). But, personally, I believe things to be like this:
1) AWAKENING: a compatible ingredient is required, different for each demon. There may be multiple compatible ingredients for each demon too. That's what happened, for example, when White woke up;

2) RESURRECTING aka RESTORING THE FULL POWER OF A DEMON: a specific full-course is required. This full course is NOT the Earth's Full Course but, as Red said in the last chapter, it's the Full Course the host himself decided (i.e. Toriko's full course). This might be proof of the intimate and personal bond between an appetite demon and its host. This "private" full course is made of super-compatible ingredients, the ones that push the threshold of the gourmet cells to another level. This extreme compatibility is what give an ingredient the right to enter the user's full course. It's like the Mellow Cola for Zebra and Air for Toriko. Every appetite demon has a different full course and that full course is what give the gourmet demon his full power back or simply pushes the boundaries of the gourmet cells over their previous limit (especially true for those people with gourmet cells but that don't have an appetite demon lurking inside then, as the Daruma Hermit explained). This full course is also required because without it the host wouldn't be powerful enough to even borrow the demon's powers without putting his life in jeopardy (in fact, before eating Air, Blue could only stay out of Toriko's body for a few minutes tops, while at the point when Toriko had only God and Center left to eat Blue and Red could both stay out and fight at the same time for a lot longer than that).

3) "RESURRECTING PART 2" aka CONTROLLING the body of a demon: the planet's full course (Earth's or other planet's, I believe) is required to gain this ability, as every ingredient gives control over a different part of the demon's body. This full course is not random but instead it's decided by the Nitro (it's them who, among all the ingredients on Earth, decided that those specific 7 were the planet's full course. I can't remember the chapter but I read it not too long ago so I'm sure about this). Probably not every other planet with life on it has a full course capable of "resurrecting" gourmet demons, and maybe the Earth is special even in this case and that's the reason why the Blue Nitro were so attracted to it, since they are the most knowledgeable abeings bout appetite demons and gourmet cells in the whole universe. The

4) "RESURRECTION PART 3 aka FUSING with the appetite demon": CENTER is required. Let's also remember that Center is the only "special" ingredient that was left out of Acacia's full course. So yeah, as Aimaru (I think) also stated, Center is even more special than God and the rest, since it's basically the source of all life on the planet.

So yeah, that basically sums my thoughts up. Still, I think it might be possible that Toriko is kinda an exception even to all this since he has multiple demons inside him. Who knows... for now this is the best I could come up with. Let me know what you guys think!

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Please register to see the content of this post.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

S-H-I-G-U-R-E

Reaction score
Country
Italy

toriuffyZ

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco

S-H-I-G-U-R-E

Reaction score
Country
Italy