Voting - Best Episode [Anime Only] | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Best Episode [Anime Only]

Best Episode

• Episode 85

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Episode 95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Episode 97

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Episode 52

• Episode 44

• Episode 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Episode 51

• Episode 70

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the nomination phase of
Best Episode

This thread if for this specific category only, for discussion regarding other categories and general discussion about the Awards, please visit the Hunter x Hunter Awards Discussion Thread.

This is an ANIME-ONLY thread. Any discussion of manga that have not yet been shown in the anime are disqualified entries. Any episodes that aired prior to the nomination process are valid entries.

A combination of great scenes makes a great episode. What are some of the best episodes in Hunter x Hunter 2011 anime? A great episode has excellent choice of background music, animation, voice acting, but is something that endured throughout the whole 25 minute duration. Where a best scene is a brief portion of the episode, this is combinations of many scenes that had nice flow throughout and as a whole, truly amazed the fans.

Nomination Rules
  • Please remember, that you may nominate maximum three title for this award. However during the nomination phase, you can always change your nomination. You can change your nomination twice.
  • For the nomination phase to run smoothly and to avoid situations where nominations weren't counted by accident, please state your nomination clearly. It is preferable to highlight the nominated title with bolded text and color. Example of nomination format:
    Code:
    I nominate [color=red][B]<insert episode title/number>[/B][/color]
  • Please explain briefly the reason for your nomination.

Enjoy the Awards and thanks for understanding!

----

Winner:

Episode 85: Gon, Killua, and Kite face off against Neferpitou, Gon and Killua run away and strengthen their resolve. Neferpitou is shown with Kite's severed head in his/her lap.
----

Finalists:

Episode 85: Gon, Killua, and Kite face off against Neferpitou, Gon and Killua run away and strengthen their resolve. Neferpitou is shown with Kite's severed head in his/her lap. (4)

Episode 95: Knuckle, Shoot, Knov, and Moral check in on Killua and Gon. Gon reunites with the Kite they discovered in the chimera ant Queen's home. (5)

Episode 97: The Phantom Troupe encounter Zazan. Feitan unleashes 'Rising Sun' Pain Packer to defeat her.

Episode 52: The Troupe is attacking the auction with all their power. The Ten Dons hired assassins are no match, except for Zeno and Silva who face off against Chrollo.

Episode 44: The Shadow Beasts take on Uvogin. Kurapika alone makes a move against the Phantom Troupe.

Episode 1: The start of the adventure!

Episode 51: Neon Nostrade escapes to enter the auction with Kuororo's help who later steals her fortune telling ability. While Kurapika accompanies Light Nostrade to meet the professionals who were assigned to kill the spiders. The spiders take action too and kill the guards.

Episode 70: Gon is unable to hold onto Razor's throw and is sent to the outfield. He uses Back to return, but Hisoka is also injured and the situation looks grim. However, Gon has an idea for defeating Razor, but he needs Killua's help to pull it off. (2)

Last edited:

MochiRoll

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
A very, very tough match between episodes 85 and 95. Both are highly emotional (Kite's death in 85 and Kite and Gon's "reunion" in 95) but MadHouse's topnotch animation of Gon's Jajanken gave me unimaginable goosebumps. Yes, I'll go for episode 95.

edit: So we can actually nominate three eps, yay! Well then, I'll go for 85 & 95!

Last edited:

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
A very, very tough match between episodes 85 and 95. Both are highly emotional (Kite's death in 85 and Kite and Gon's "reunion" in 95) but MadHouse's topnotch animation of Gon's Jajanken gave me unimaginable goosebumps. Yes, I'll go for episode 95.
You CAN nominate up to 3 episodes, so if you want to also nominate Episode 85, you can. :)

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I nominate episode 74. The conclusion of the Battle between Gons group and Bombers group in Greed Island.

Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Episode 85:
Pretty sad chapter episode overall. The overwhelming introduction of Neferpitou, our protagonists realization of their desperate situation, the conclusion between Killua and Team Netero and last but not least the scene with Neferpitou and Kite's head seals the deal for me. I enjoyed ever second of this episode. The music was always placed right. The voice acting when Gon charges up deserves to be pointed out in my opinion. You literally feel every of Gon's emotion in that scene. I get goose bumps every time I watch those seconds.

Episode 95:
This episode had a good mix of scenes/parts. The little skirmish between Morel, Knuckle and Cheetu was really interesting. Seeing how Morel and Knuckle used their experience to neutralize Cheetu's speed was cool and fun to watch. The part between Gon and Kite is proof that this series only wants to make us cry. No much explanation needed here. The last scene between Morel and Gon was simply amazing. One of the best scenes I ever saw in an anime. Music, animation, effects, voice acting (Gon), Killua's calm intervention (while the music stops) were done perfectly!

Episode 97:
Feitan, speed, swordplay, speed, Ko, speed, troll-face, speed, troll-laugh, speed, Pain Packer, speed, Rising Sun, speed, "piece of crap", speed, "know your place", speed, "when he snaps, he'll hit everything around him! We tried to watch him once before and almost died.", speed, "He's being very feminine." and speed. I think you get what I mean.

It's interesting that even though I'm not a fan of the Chimera Ant arc, my nominations are all episodes from said arc. I wonder why that is. I even watched "older" episodes such as 35, 47 and 52, but they weren't as much entertaining (still amazing episodes nonetheless) throughout the ~20 minutes as the ones I nominated.

Last edited:

Zoro Zoldyck

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Episode 85 and 52 (Phantom troupe FTW)

The Invertroid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Episode 44 - Uvogin's slaughter of the Shadow Beasts was adapted perfectly.

Episode 1 - I know some people don't like it's overly quick pace, but I thought the first episode began the series on a strong note, introducing MadHouse's visual style and the compelling personalities of three of our four main characters effectively. Part of me also misses the fun-loving quality of the series' opening chapters.

Episode 7 - Words cannot describe how awesome it was to see Gon and Killua's ballgame with Netero animated without that obnoxious Anita filler. It's one of my favorite scenes in the series, due to how it sharply distinguishes Gon and Killua's different personalities.

These aren't necessarily my favorite episodes, but I wanted to get some of the series' earlier parts up on the board.

Lutv

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I nominate Episode :

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I nominate Episode 71

I mean the conclusion of the freaking DODGEBALL GAME. Still one of the most epic moments in the whole series to me

Bad quality but still epic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotenkss

Reaction score
Country
India
I nominate Episode 51 A × Brutal × Battlefield SIMPLY EPIC
I nominate Episode 24 The × Zoldyck × Family SO MUCH INSIGHT IN KILLUA's LIFE
I nominate Episode 70 Guts × And × Courage

halldorawang

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I support the nominations of Episode 71, 74 and 95.

Status
Not open for further replies.