Voting - Best Female Character | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Best Female Character

Best Female Character

• Ultear Milkovich

• Erza Scarlet

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Use this thread to vote for the Best Female Character in the series.

[TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"]
[/TD]​
[TR][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"]
Ultear Milkovich
[/TD][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;font-size: 0!important;"]-[/TD][TD="auto;vertical-align: bottom;border-width: 0px;"]
Erza Scarlet
[/TD][/TR]​

Voting rules:
  • You are allowed one vote
  • You are permitted to change your vote while polls are open
  • If there is a tie, a staff pick will break the lock
Voting closes on August 13th, 2017.

Erza 18
Ultear 14
Mirajane 12
Kagura 12
Irene 12
Lucy 9
Cana 6
Brandish 6
Meredy 5
Wendy 4
DiMaria 3
Minerva 3
Juvia 3
Levy 3
Ur 2
Lisanna 1
Sherria 1
Yukino 1
Miss Dragneel 1
Virgo 1
Edolas Cana 1
Mavis 1

Erza - 32 votes
Mirajane - 14 votes
Lucy - 21 votes

Ultear - 38 votes
Kagura - 5 votes
Irene - 17 votes

Please forward any questions to the Awards Info Thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Going with Erza here.
She´s among the most interesting and best written characters of this show when she´s not winning one of her fights due to miracles however, outside of fights she´s pretty multidimensional.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Mira. But Lucy is decent as well.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Mirajane, easily. She was a decent character and didn't have ridiculous bs like Erza or book-editor Lucy.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Voted for Erza Scarlet.

All three girls are pretty good. To be honest, it's hard to decide who is the best female. I just went with the one I liked since I first picked up Fairy Tail. In other words, this pick was a little biased.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Alright i've made up my mind. And i'm going to say exactly what @XXEliteXXAceXX said, since it pretty much summarizes my thoughts.
Lucy Mira and Erza all deserve to be voted for, and i'm really torn between the three of them, but there's one girl that i've liked since the very begining of FT, and this is Erza. So i'm giving her my vote.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Voted for Irene.

From the start she created a huge hype after her clash with Irene.And her beauty,her tragic history left a deep mark on huge fans.So going with her.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ultear gets m votes. Great demption, great design, great magic and last but not the least one of the true blue baes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Going with Ultear.

One of the best backstories in FT IMO, and her redemption was well written.
Dude you forgot to mention one of the sexiest females of FT too.
I am sorry kagura you are one of my favourites to.

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Voted Irene. From her tragic backstory of a betrayed queen, to her being one of Zeref's most powerful allies, to her being unable to completely shut out her feelings for her own flesh and blood despite everything. She was sadistic, beautiful, angry and sad all at once and she gets my vote :love

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Has to be Ultear.

As far as character goes, from design to personality, motivation , development and assconclusion, probably the most complete one Mashima has created.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
My favorite is Kagura but the best is Ultear. I think Kagura was the most behaviorly interesting, attractively imperfect, and relatable female in the series until her tragic last panel, gag or not. Ultear however was much more relevant... she had an actual impact on the storyline, and my favorite and most heartfelt moment in the entire series. They both have quite a few strengths but some of their notable downsides is Ultear's frequent use as a convenient plot device for FT, and Kagura being a hype device and a trolling magnet.

As for Irene. While I liked her design, entertaining personality, and her sort of living up to her hype.. I'd be lying to myself if I said her backstory and changes made any sense.

She lived about 28 years (?) as a human, then endured centuries as a dragon while preserving Erza and adapting to a new environment. Someone (Zeref) transforms her back to a human with a few defects, and the result is she goes batshit insane for little to no reason..

It sounded like the equivalent of someone going insane and greedy at regaining her sight because some of her other sense are still a mess. It's hilariously bad and out of place in my opinion.

Another weakness of Irene is that, just like Kagura, she was essentially an asspull to further Erza's relevance and get disrespected at the end. Hell, Hiro Mashima admitted he designed her halfway through the arc for Erza... Although that is more of a weakness to Erza's character than Irene herself.

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Get Irene out of this thread :yodawg As a character, she is nothing more than Erza's dragon mother and her mandatory last opponent.

Kagura could be the best if she wasn't defined by her relation to Erza and Jellal.

Ultear actually feels like a character of her own story, unlike the other two being just there for Erza, and she is well developed, in more than one way :3c

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I don't have anything to add after that flawless post of @Luca Blight.
First line summarizes my exact feeling: while i like Kagura the most, the best girl is Ultear, so she gets my vote.

Anti Hero 3:16

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't have anything to add after that flawless post of @Luca Blight.
First line summarizes my exact feeling: while i like Kagura the most, the best girl is Ultear, so she gets my vote.
I also fully agree with @Luca Blight. Kagura is my favourite out of the 3 also but ultear actually contributed and sacrificed the most in the whole series.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Tough choice here between Ultear and Irene (Funny how Ultear used to be my first favorite female in the show), but Irene is the one I felt had the most impact due to recent events :zomg Plus she has the best backstory in the manga in my opinion. Ultear's is good too but why didn't she just approach Ul when she saw her with Gray and Lyon? Her backstory is like Brandish's to me, it feels a little more like a misunderstanding more than an actual 'Events out of my happening' situation.
Voted Irene.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Ultear because she was introduced multiple arcs before her backstory. She had great plot twists with her being the orchestrator of three arcs - Galuna, ToH, and Tenrou. She manipulated three of arc bosses - Hades (who she was betraying), Jellal (who she controlled) and Lyon (who she tricked). Plus she beat Zeref before anyone could do it. And she sacrificed her life like her mom. And instead of dying, she has to live with consequence of her actions. Plus she had great interactions with Gray, Jellal, and Meredy.

I use to hate Kagura for being an Plot device in Gmg for Erza to beat Minerva but Kagura actually got more development in alvarez. And I was totally upset when Jellal did more to Neinhart than her and Sting stole her Larcade fight. And I like her innocent ways of viewing the world cuz she's so serious and it's so freaked hilarious. So Kagura has risen in my eyes. And is a great female character.

Irene is a mix bag for me since she's basically an upgrade Silver. And to me after Silver basically learned/invented demon slaying magic. But she's fun and a legit threat unlike what most of the Spriggan/Fodder 12 turned out to be.

It's just....

Mashima was like...... "Dang it! I left Erza's heritage out. I must make her the creator of dragon slaying." Even tho at the time of the Acno fight he had no clue what he was going for with Irene. Plus he made this big hype about Erza and Irene's eyes being special and then that got dropped for dragon seed.

Plus as for contributions. Irene basically was a two fold plot device. One to get rid on acno who shouldn't have been in this arc anyway. And also to introduce the dragon seed nonsense so Natsu could conveniently destroy them. She turned Hisui into a rat but then Hisui became queen. Erza didn't care of her. Zeref didn't care about her. Acno stepped on her. She was basically there to force the audience sympathy because it had been 10 chapters since the last suicide.

Last edited:

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Voting for Irene, but Ultear was very close too.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ultear had the most development of any character in FT.

Imo Knightwalker > Irene.

I love Irene and her craziness and she was strong willed like Erza but Knightwalker loved being bad and knew her faults and was more open to reason. Stubborn but not as much as Irene

Status
Not open for further replies.