Best Kiss | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Kiss

Best Kiss

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, this is an awkward thing for me because of the best kiss and me being... twenty and hormones raging, but here I go anyway. :awkward

Naruto

The Breaker

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Claymore

Berserk

The results are in! The winner of this highly esteemed contest is, Naruto's kiss with Sasuke! :confetti

This is special because they started out as disliking each other, when that kiss happened! Not only did Naruto and Sasuke get mad at this, but so did Sasuke's fangirls including Sakura, and Naruto got beaten to a pulp for stealing Sasuke's first kiss! The funny part is, someone pushed Naruto into kissing Sasuke when he was observing Sasuke from close up! Whattacomical way to start off the team of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura! Then Naruto and Sasuke slowly became friends and considered each other like brothers until Sasuke severed their bond at the end of Part I. Now, they're enemies and seek to destroy each other; Sasuke seeks to destroy Naruto and what he stands for while Naruto seeks to destroy what Sasuke stands for and bring peace! Will they be able to remember this kiss? Will they be able to come to terms after remembering what they used to share?!

This is still awkward for me. <_<

Oh, right. More STAR (Manga Editors, translators, artists, and reviewers) preferred... Naruto kissing Sasuke. -_-; More staff (mods, gmods, admins, and senpai) preferred Berserk's. Staff ftw in this category! \o/

:bye

Last edited by a moderator:

HegemonKhan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted for Clare kissing Raki in Claymore.

it is by far THEE choice !!!! (imo only of course :D)

Sooooo romantic! (especially see the anime of it, with the beautiful blue glow of the dawn's light through the forest).

"Clare kissing Raki in Claymore. Clare slowly holds his head in her hands, leans forward just as slowly, lips parted and eyes dreamily barely open, Raki's eyes dilate, he gulps, his heart pounds, Clare's luscious lips plant against his lips, and stay lingeringly locked and pressed together, she pulls away but keeps looking at him with intense but so soft and loving big beautiful silver eyes of hers. It was love then and forever! But, Yagi is so cruel ... "

-HK

Last edited:

zura113

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Naruto and Sasuke kissing LOL I love that scene. Quite an extraordinary way to kiss

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My vote goes to Casca and Guts as I love both characters and the couple. I was very happy to see them falling in love, especially Guts who had a very harsh childhood. It's rare to see a GAR character fall in love but that made it even more of a heartrending moment.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My vote goes to Casca and Guts as I love both characters and the couple. I was very happy to see them falling in love, especially Guts who had a very harsh childhood. It's rare to see a GAR character fall in love but that made it even more of a heartrending moment.
Indeed, it was a very emotional scene as well -and funny, they acted a little akward as this obviously was a new thing to them :D- and really fulfilled many readers' hopes for these two characters as well I think. I really liked them as a couple, here on a cover page: http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss203/T33_K3SS3LCH3N/Berserk/4_12_RWWTK_025-copy-jpg.jpg

I can't really see Naruto competing in this, to me it was rather a small wtf moment, nothing more.

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
3 shounen & 1 seinen ... it's funny
Mangahelpers community is mainly male.

I don't know much about shojo & josei but I do believe that a category like "best kiss" should go to a shojo. After all, shojo are mainly about love, kiss, ...

SO, I gave my vote to the only shojo present in the poll.

About the other nominations,

Raki & Claire: if claire could kill that annoying whining kid, she would be my fav female lead ... That's how much I like the character Raki ...

Naruto & Sasuke: I won't even bother to comment this ...

Breaker: I was bored with the manga before this kiss happened

Berserk: Yeah why not ... [Irony=ON] when I think about Berserk, I directly think about that kiss ... [Irony=OFF]. But I can understand the nomination ...

Last edited:

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Well, I nominated and - of course - also voted for the kiss from Naruto. Simple reason being, I find most romance in manga not very appealing since it's often performed either extremely cheesy or so sloppy that the emotions don't transport and I don't buy the characters' feelings/love/whatnot...
Therefore I'm poking a little fun at Naruto and this award category by taking a kiss that really had an impact on me. Maybe not what one would usually expect from a kiss scene but for most other entries I was like: ... *yawn* ... *flip the page*

Raki & Claire: if claire could kill that annoying whining kid, she would be my fav female lead ... That's how much I like the character Raki ...
Agreed!
But not only that. To me it also feels like a cheap rip-off of one of the most legendary kisses in manga history, namely that of Misato and Shinji in Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, I nominated and - of course - also voted for the kiss from Naruto. Simple reason being, I find most romance in manga not very appealing since it's often performed either extremely cheesy or so sloppy that the emotions don't transport and I don't buy the characters' feelings/love/whatnot...
I get what you mean, but imo this trap was avoided well in Berserk. It was meaningful but without too much pathos.

I don't know much about shojo & josei but I do believe that a category like "best kiss" should go to a shojo. After all, shojo are mainly about love, kiss, ...

It's plausible in a way, I also don't think that Shounen is a medium which produces a lot of good scenes of this style (exeptions are welcome, or perhaps I'm just wrong, I leave that up to you) while Shojo probably is, but I wouldn't count Seinen out just like that.
Seinen is not an upgraded Shounen (like many people seem to think at first, including me back a while) but rather contains any kind of possible genre; It can be quite close to the "female" demographics, closer than to Shounen in many cases.

Now Berserk certainly does match this idea of the "upgraded Shonen", but still doesn't feel as akward as perhaps some other fictional kisses. Rather, a funny kind of reverse thing, it shows the characters feeling akward with it at first (Link)
I think this contributed very well to the scene, it takes out a little seriousness, adds a little fun, and yet the event remains meaningful.

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Roflkopt3r >> For berserk, I agree. It didn't feel akward & it had a meaning at scenario level. And a little moment of happiness for those two ... they deserves it.
But if you have to resume Berserk, would you talk about that kiss ?? I wouldn't.

Talking about akward, the "Raki x Claire kiss" was akward. they had a relationship "big protective sister" x "little helpless brother" & then they kiss ... I had one thought when it happened: INCEST.

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
OOOO a post about Claymore, a post that's going to get a response post by me, lol :D

It was awkward, as Raki was just starting to get romantic feelings towards the opposite gender, starting to see Clare as a "woman", and not merely a "big sister". As awkward as it was, it was genuine though, Clare loved Raki and Raki loved Clare. Also, right before this kiss, Raki was valiently protecting Clare from Ophelia at the full risk of his own life. Clare is then saving him, realizing that she loves him, and they both realizing he loves her as much too. You can see Raki's awkwardness towards finding himself now having romantic feelings towards the opposite gender, as Clare tells him to hold her tightly, and then again when she sees him keeping his head off of her bosom. Raki gulps in his "young adolensce", and presses his head/face about her soft warm loving bosom, and a sliver of a smile creeps to her lovely lips ever so briefly, which she then flees as fast as she can away from Ophelia, where they would then have their romantic (though awakward, as you correctly pointed out) kiss and separate.

Well, "they had a relationship "big protective sister" x "little helpless brother" (Zelllogan)", but now it had transitioned to romantic love, and they both realized it, that they both loved each other very much.

And well before this whole series of events, much earlier Clare was given her first AB hunting mission, and Raki was concerned for Clare, worrying about her not coming back, and so Clare happily/pleasedly thanks him in her "Clare-like way", by punching him in the forehead, gently though, hehe.

Lastly, as of yet, there's no blood relationship between them, nor have they tried to mate yet, so it's not incest, lol

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania

About the other nominations,

Naruto & Sasuke: I won't even bother to comment this ...

Breaker: I was bored with the manga before this kiss happened

Berserk: Yeah why not ... [Irony=ON] when I think about Berserk, I directly think about that kiss ... [Irony=OFF]. But I can understand the nomination ...
:D...nice reasoning...but I still chose The Breaker...the entire situation and the mainly the art make this one my choice...my bro gave me the idea, and I think he was totally right...a great art and great character design can transmit more feelings then some words or whatnot...and The Breaker has it all...

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
About Claymore's Raki:

Raki stops being an annoying crybaby at the Ophelia arc, with his "Monty Python" scene (except he "dim-wittedly" never said his "Monty PytHon" lines, argh!), valiently (yeah!) trying to protect Clare from Ophelia.

Raki, bleeding to death with 10,000 slices/cuts all over his body, to Ophelia:

You're attacks are weak! They just itch really bad!

his forgotten "Monty Python" line: " 'Tis just a bunch of flesh wounds!"

And, in the manga's "2nd half", Raki is grown up and frighteningly exactly like Guts/Gatsu, lol. Maybe Raki is Guts'/Gatsu's long lost twin brother, lol. He's no longer an annoying crybaby little brat.

well, he does cry one last time, when Priscilla cruelly evilly tells him that she was just using him to find his precious Clare, so she could kill Clare! But, this is quite reasonable+understandable, as the most powerful being is dead-set on killing his love, Clare, and nothing can stop her... well... hehe. I won't spoiler further if anyone's not caught up, lol.

jorped

The True Ninja
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Naruto and Sasuke kiss lol it was just so stupid that i have to choose this one lol

feisu-chan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

sometimes it's cuter to see a little romance in shounen manga! shoujo is too mushy for me - although I read a few shoujo and nominated Kaichou wa Kiss in Misaki and Usui's pocky game.

You know, amidst all the fighting and manly pride and hatred, the characters would have time to show their little sensitive side and show love! it's so much more romantic than chummy shoujo...

So having said that, and after much time reeling over it, I'll vote for Naruto and Sasuke! :wtf it made me laugh nonstop when I first saw it!

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Re: The MangaHelpers Manga and Anime Awards (destiny)

Well, this is an awkward thing for me because of the best kiss and me being... twenty and hormones raging, but here I go anyway. :awkward

Naruto

The Breaker

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Claymore

Berserk

The results are in! The winner of this highly esteemed contest is, Naruto's kiss with Sasuke! :confetti

This is special because they started out as disliking each other, when that kiss happened! Not only did Naruto and Sasuke get mad at this, but so did Sasuke's fangirls including Sakura, and Naruto got beaten to a pulp for stealing Sasuke's first kiss! The funny part is, someone pushed Naruto into kissing Sasuke when he was observing Sasuke from close up! Whattacomical way to start off the team of Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura! Then Naruto and Sasuke slowly became friends and considered each other like brothers until Sasuke severed their bond at the end of Part I. Now, they're enemies and seek to destroy each other; Sasuke seeks to destroy Naruto and what he stands for while Naruto seeks to destroy what Sasuke stands for and bring peace! Will they be able to remember this kiss? Will they be able to come to terms after remembering what they used to share?!

This is still awkward for me. <_<

Oh, right. More STAR (Manga Editors, translators, artists, and reviewers) preferred... Naruto kissing Sasuke. -_-; More staff (mods, gmods, admins, and senpai) preferred Berserk's. Staff ftw in this category! \o/

:bye

Last edited: