Best Quote | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Best Quote

Best Quote...? (read OP for full quotes)

• Gol D. Roger1

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Whitebeard

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Sir Crocodile

• Robin

• Zoro/Mihawk

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Whitebeards Requiem

• Bon Clay

• Luffy1

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Luffy2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donquixote Doflamingo

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Zoro1

• Jabura/Sanji

• Luffy3

• Zoro2

• Dr. Hiluluk1

• Blackbeard

• Willy Karen

• Gol D.Roger2

• Luffy4

• Dr. Hiluluk2

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
PS: I hope someone nominates Noland's "why you are afraid" or Dr. [/COLOR]Hilruk's "last dying words" or Flamingos "battlefield is neutral" quote. This manga has a lot of excellent quotes. I will have to create some MH accounts just to nominate them xD
Of course, one of the best quote of One Piece are Dr Hiluluck last words :
I won't die against anything you do to me, I will die when people forget about me

Poneglyph420

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Like it's been said before... There are WAY too many awesome quotes to choose from...
But nothing has stuck with me like........

A Man's Dream Will Never Die!!!

noonethere

Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Can I nominate the quote in this page? This is the quote I remember best when I think of One Piece.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
"Even in the depths of hell blooms a beautiful flower of friendship...
Leaving its petals as mementos...
May it bloom once more...
THE OKAMA WAY!"​
I'd like to remove my nomination for the quote above and change it to the Gold Roger quote seen in chapter 100:

"Inherited will. A man's dream. The flow of time. As long as man continues to seek out the answer to freedom, this things will never cease to be!" - Gol D. Roger

Describes the essence and feel of One Piece pretty much perfectly. And as much as I like the quote I first entered, that one pretty much limited to the feel of the moment; this one would be friggin' epic whenever it was said.

MDLatqp

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominate:

"Nami! Omae wa...ore no nakama da!" (Nami! You are MY nakama!) - Monkey D. Luffy

citation: http://www.mangareader.net/103-2201-6/one-piece/chapter-94.html (and the next page)

Such a short line, and yet (in my very humble opinion) it both perfectly summarizes Luffy as a person while also capturing the most important message of the manga. Closely following on the heels of Luffy's destruction of Nami's workroom inside Arlong Park, and carrying with it all the emotional significance of her finally being freed from Arlong's enslavement, this line reveals the purity and profundity of Luffy's love for his nakama. He cares for them so deeply, as they do (or eventually come to) for him. In the end, that's really the most important thing; finding people to call your nakama. This line is so beautiful I can't stand it, and so, there was really only one quote I could nominate.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Tashigi, who just lost to a outlaw Nico Robin and unable to carry her duties as a marine lies in front of Crocodile, who then slams her even deeper in ground with his harshfull yet true statement. These words simply reflects the truth. If you are not strong enough, you have no right to speak of justice. The strong claim justice.

Dogs that run away to lick their wounds have no right to speak of justice! That is a rule of this sea. Now, why don't you go back to your Marine headquarters and discuss your justice some more?!

Doflaming quote is good as well, both describe One Piece world with some anarchy maybe freedom, the stronger rules... But I just like Crocodile better!

gcd

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Bon Clay speeches about friendship are both epic.

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So I will nominate Doflamingo's for you, it's awesome anyway. It will be really hard to decide, I like a lot of them...

"Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!"

raDar

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Okay, it hurts me that I'm not seeing any nominations for this so I'll nominate Dr. Hiruluk's death speech in Drum Island for Best Quote.

"WHEN do you think a man dies?
When his heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol?
No.
When he succumbs to an incurable disease?
No.
When he drinks soup made with a poisonous mushroom? NO!!!

He dies ...when others have forgotten him!! Even though I will soon be gone, my dream will come true. The ailing hearts of the people will be cured!

As long as something is there... to be "passed on"...
A monster will be here soon. He is my son. Do not harm him. (Don't worry, Chopper. Your mushroom... won't kill me.) I'll be damned!! IT WAS ONE HELL OF A LIFE!!!"

Just simply a well-written scene (or consider the whole flashback). It always touchs my heart everytime I read/watch it.

Schabrak

Reaction score
Country
Germany
raDar
k-dom did, but his version looks quiet different. Thanks for posting the full version, it didn't feel like a speech before.^^

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
But here Hiluluk 1 and Hiluluk 2 are the same, just that 1 is included in 2. Is it possible to merge them, cause I'm voting for this one

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
well, in the end they turned out to be diffrent options since they are worded diffrently. ;)

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
It's just a different translation. Even Schabrack said that I already nominated it. Oh well I will sum up the 2 scores in the end

matzik1212

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I voted Luffy: RAYLEIGH!!! I'M GONNA BE THE MAN WHO'S THE KING OF PIRATES!!! 'cause Rayleigh face with his eyes filled with tears moved me deeply. And also i liked where he stated that , in front of Sentomaru , the marines and also in front of all those rookie pirates. It was an awesome moment :thumbs

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm pleasantly surprised by the results. I thought that I'm gonna be the pirate king would stole the vote and it end with only 2 votes !

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Dr. Hiluluk was the Best, I forgot to nominate him in the Best Death :sweatdrop