Chapter - Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

Battle Wolf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't know why, but i'm with the idea that Deku will take all quirks from AFO somehow and then give they back to original owners (the ones who still alive OC).

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Deku's quirks coming back, I don't think Rewind is gonna make that happen. There's 2 comparable cases: Lemillion and All For One. Lemillion's case is different because his quirk was removed in a very specific way. The anti-quirk bullets worked by twisting Eri's power so that it reverted the body to a form before the evolution of quirks - basically some kind of genetic tampering. So in that instance, Eri's Rewind was used specifically to undo physical damage.
As for AFO, Rewind again worked only on his body, but for one thing, it was reverse engineered by Garaki from a bullet which was itself reverse engineered. And the other thing is, AFO was carrying a synthetic copy of his quirk at the time, and we don't know if that made a difference. So we don't know for sure if it was a perfect representation of what Eri's quirk can actually do.

So I guess what it comes down to is if Rewind can full on reverse events and not just matter. I mean, the fact that people don't lose their memories when they're rewound would suggest not. And also, the fact that One For All wasn't just suppressed or destroyed but willingly given away feels significant. AFO is certain OFA is gone, but if it exists somewhere in there, I'd think Rewind would have to be applied to both of them at once to undo the passing on.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't know why, but i'm with the idea that Deku will take all quirks from AFO somehow and then give they back to original owners (the ones who still alive OC).
I'm think that's a very short list. Ragdoll, Hawks, that girl whose cape he stole... is there anyone else? Since All Might drove him into hiding, AFO was probably killing everyone he stole a quirk from to cover his tracks.

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Okay its most likely wrong but this chapter reminded me of theory someone posted on this forum that Afo and Yoichi are actually one person separated by quiks mutation.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Hmmmm, it wouldn't be too bad a development for deku to end up with the AFO quirk. AFO was framed earlier as a quirk that could be kinder than any other but AFO used it for evil instead. The start of the series frames this as how deku became the greatest hero... OFA serving it's purpose and deku obtaining AFO would at least fit into that. That said, I do think the chances of this are essentially zero even if it would be a fitting ending for the story.

Dynamight

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmmm, it wouldn't be too bad a development for deku to end up with the AFO quirk. AFO was framed earlier as a quirk that could be kinder than any other but AFO used it for evil instead. The start of the series frames this as how deku became the greatest hero... OFA serving it's purpose and deku obtaining AFO would at least fit into that. That said, I do think the chances of this are essentially zero even if it would be a fitting ending for the story.
My hope is that he has both OFA & AfO. It fits his character perfectly because he’s so unselfish.

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I remember having a similar thought when Yoichi said that thing about AFO being a kind power in the right hands. I guess it would create a viable path to saving Tenko, because with everything that's been done to his body I don't see what choice they even have but to destroy it. Even if not, Tenko would be in for an eternity in Tartarus mk.2. So maybe the best possible future for him is to live on as a vestige in Deku, assuming his vestige is buried somewhere in AFO right now.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
First thing first, eri is not comparable to toga. Toga was born a violent and rabid animal with a compulsion to drink blood from people she liked. Everything in the story makes the case that she couldn't have ever been something different regardless of what anyone did. Eri is an otherwise normal little girl that wants to sing and with zero compulsions to hurt others. If anything eri is almost unrealistically healthy considering what she went through.
A compulsion to drink blood, I agree. Everything else about Toga, no. Having blood cravings doesn't make you a monster. Instead of addressing the issue, Toga's parents choose to ignore the problem and her quirk. The cravings built up until she snapped. Being called a monster by her parents didn't help her either.

Her parents could've gotten doctors involved. They could've given her blood from a blood bank. They could've TRIED to help her. Instead, they call her a monster and told her to stop being herself. Maybe she would've had a normal life, maybe she would've been weird, but with proper care, I doubt Toga would've turned into a killer.

Didn't Horikoshi address this with Shino? People assumed he'd abuse his quirk simply because it's a mind control power most associated with villains. Bakugo could be another example. He loves blowing stuff up, but he's not murdering people (despite saying he will a lot). Toga being born irredeemable makes no sense to me.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm think that's a very short list. Ragdoll, Hawks, that girl whose cape he stole... is there anyone else? Since All Might drove him into hiding, AFO was probably killing everyone he stole a quirk from to cover his tracks.
Those quirks were stolen from the AfO copy, not the original

Furthermore, Izuku having the AFO would mean having the presence of AFO inside him

Did you know that many of them are dead right?

Last edited:

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Furthermore, Izuku having the AFO would mean having the presence of AFO inside him
Oh yeah, that's true. Except Ragdoll, I believe Search was given to Shigaraki with the original AFO. And yeah, this theory would rely on Deku actually stamping out AFO's vestige. I would point to Shigaraki having done that, except we've seen how that went. So basically Deku would have to accept the burden of having AFO lurking inside him somewhere.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Oh yeah, that's true. Except Ragdoll, I believe Search was given to Shigaraki with the original AFO. And yeah, this theory would rely on Deku actually stamping out AFO's vestige. I would point to Shigaraki having done that, except we've seen how that went. So basically Deku would have to accept the burden of having AFO lurking inside him somewhere.
I don't think it will happen. AFO must disappear from the world forever.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Did you know that many of them are dead right?
Yes that's what i said:

Battle Wolf said:

NoOneInParticular

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it will happen. AFO must disappear from the world forever.
Tbh I agree, but it's just a theory of how Deku might come out of this after OFA is gone.