Shounen - Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto | Page 35 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Boruto by Ukyō Karachi and Mikio Ikemoto

Battle Wolf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
People exaggerate when it comes to Boruto’s volume sales.

90k copies sold in a month’s time is above average. Anyone who tells you this is mediocre has little understanding and knowhow of sales numbers in this industry. Most series struggle to attain that much.

Selling over a million copies in a single volume like Naruto has done for years is very far from being a common occurrence in this industry.

The issue here is that Boruto is compared to Naruto, so relatively speaking, over 90k per month
(which as I said is above average) looks mediocre compared to Naruto’s million plus in terms of sales volume.

As @Franz said however, sequels selling far less is a common occurrence, and regardless, Boruto is still doing fine amidst the downward trend; although, it has recouped a few hundreds compared to the previous 2 volumes sold, so the downward trend has been effectively clipped for now.

Another factor people are not taking into consideration is that more and more people are opting for digital copies over physical ones, thus having a direct incidence on the quantity of physical copies demanded and sold.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I have been disappointed by Momoshiki and Code, but Isshiki has been impressive.

His Sukunahikona and Daikokuten shinjutsu are among the very best powers in the series.

He makes a shrinking ability deceptively dangerous and creative; he can shrink to microscopic sizes, essentially becoming invisible to anyone except those with microscopic vision, and he can also shrink non-living things, meaning he can nullify all incoming attacks (save for physical ones). Offensively, he usually shrinks his chakra-draining rods to implant them on unknowing victims and turn them into porcupines once the rods have been restored to their initial size.

Most dangerous however is his Daikokuten ability.

This power can store anything (living things and objects) in a dimension where time does not flow. Anyone sent there will be unconscious and frozen in time, as it happened to Naruto and Hinata.

Isshiki’s anti-sensing boxes and chakra-draining rods are already stored within the timeless dimension, but the best part about it is that he can build an entire repertoire bu storing weapons and even opponents’ jutsu that have been shrunk.

An additional perk is that is that Isshiki can telekinetically manipulate the objects he summons from his dimension.

Lastly, what makes Daikokuten more deadly is the fact that Isshiki can determine where the objects he summons will appear. For instance, he had his clothes magically appear and fit him. He did not even need to put his pants on and he had a glass of wine appear right in-between his index finger and thumb.

A poor Konoha shinobi had his shuriken shrunk, stored, and magically summoned/teleported right into his eyeballs. So Isshiki can basically look at someone and their head would be instantly filled with rods.

It is also worth mentioning that this is not the same as when Jigen was launching microscopic rods at Naruto and Sasuke. That was a tactic where Jigen launched microscopic rods from his hand, which would physocally move towards the opponent, hence why Sasuke could track them.

Isshiki’s Daikokuten meanwhile teleports attacks at the opponent all while Isshiki does not even need to nove.

In a nutshell, Sukunahikona is a shrinking power; whereas Daikokuten is a dimensional storage, time freeze, telekinesis, and teleportation/summoning all-in-one.

As you said however, Ikemoto‘s style does not have that eye-catching aspect, which Kishimoto for instance had, and which Yusuke Murata is a master in.
That's all and i overpower AF.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
A big cliffhanger, how does she have Kurama Chakra? Even boruto don't have... Maybe Karachi is trying to make Kurama comeback somehow, on Naruto it's said that when a Jinchuriki dies it'll appear again somewhere, maybe Kurama did something with his charkra to guarantee the return, that's why she used Barion without hesitation

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
A big cliffhanger, how does she have Kurama Chakra? Even boruto don't have... Maybe Karachi is trying to make Kurama comeback somehow, on Naruto it's said that when a Jinchuriki dies it'll appear again somewhere, maybe Kurama did something with his charkra to guarantee the return, that's why she used Barion without hesitation
I honestly don't see what use Kurama would have currently.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
A massive Chakra fountain? Can be used just like Naruto did, the Kurama cloak is strong a lot, she can reunite nature chakra while the user is moving and we know that nature chakra is strong against Juubi

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
A massive Chakra fountain? Can be used just like Naruto did, the Kurama cloak is strong a lot, she can reunite nature chakra while the user is moving and we know that nature chakra is strong against Juubi
If so, I wonder why they never used this tactic in the 80 chapters of Boruto. A lot of beatings probably would have been avoided.

However, Naruto was almost useless with all of Kurama's power plus the six paths, I doubt any other ninja would be more useful.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

So ....

Kurama is really back

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I SAID!

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Lol

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
The real question is: why was Daemon surprised by Himawari? He should be much stronger than a Bijuu

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Maybe he want to devour Jinchuriki chakra, that's why he's behind Naruto and encountered Himawari instead sensing the chakra

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kurama will come back but instead of being a Jinchuriki again he is going to be trapped in Himawari's stuffed animal version of Kurama.

Chibi Kurama is inevitable.
Well I was wrong about Kurama being trapped in a stuffed animal.
But I was right about Kurama coming back as a Chibi and having something to do with Himawari.

Although I'm calling it Chibi Kurama I'm thinking it's NOT Kurama revived but actually a NEW Nine Tails Fox spirit hence it being Chibi.
Basically Kurama Jr.

Rikudou King

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't kept up with Boruto for some time, but hearing that the Kyuubi has return has made me want to refresh myself on the story. Not surprising the Kyuubi would be back, it's established that the Bijuus would eventually reform with time.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Although I'm calling it Chibi Kurama I'm thinking it's NOT Kurama revived but actually a NEW Nine Tails Fox spirit hence it being Chibi.
Basically Kurama Jr.
From the way he speaks, however, he seems to be the real Kurama, since he asks Himawari if she knows who he is.

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
From the way he speaks, however, he seems to be the real Kurama, since he asks Himawari if she knows who he is.
I disagree. I think it is the real Nine Tails but a new Kurama rather than the old Kurama that Naruto knew. A Kurama Jr.
I think it was asking Himawari a legitimate question because Kurama Jr does not know who Himawari is hence referring to her as "little girl".
I think if it was the same Kurama that Naruto knew then it would have called Himawari by name or at least referred to her as Naruto's kid.

Of course it's probably going to call itself "Kurama" and will likely have the same attitude as the old Kurama and probably wouldn't like being called Kurama Jr.
But unless it is shown to actually have known Naruto then I don't consider it to be the same Kurama but rather a new Kurama for a new generation.

Though to be honest I want it to be a new Kurama. Don't get me wrong the old Kurama was actually one of my favorite characters.
But I believe the old Kurama had a beautiful ending and I think it should be kept that way.
Even if this is a reincarnation of Kurama I think it would be a reincarnation in the sense that Naruto and Sasuke were reincarnations of Ashura and Indra.
They are still different people with their own unique personalities. It's just the chakra never dies but instead gets recycled. I think?

Caster Pheonix

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
England
The usage of others namely the new generation to fight has made me happy. This is another small step towards the valves of Naruto and not the karma twins show. The eye bijuudama was pretty cool and watching the kids hold their ground gives me faith they will get stronger and more relevant.

The satisfaction in Kawaki getting ohko'ed was through the roof, but when I was oohhing and ahhing at borutos withering assessment of his ninja skill, kawaki went unintentionally clapped back with the karma reveal.

Amado peeping on kawaki makes you wonder how much area he has to see in his monitoring station.

The kurama situation is so intriguing. I have to go with the kurama reborn, but younger without the memories. The question is how much latent chakra does himawari have if she is gonna house the kyuubi as not any ham and egger can accept one?

P.S Jura cracks me up. He walks and dressed like a young lad from U.K on a night out at the nightclub. It the haircut that does me and maybe the stone island clothes and axe deodorant.

Jura appreciation society man city Vs man utd(man utd fans)fa cup 3/3/24

Last edited: