Seinen - Choujin X by Sui Ishida | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Choujin X by Sui Ishida

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
So I'm guessing Azuma is jealous and that's why he's treating Tokio like trash. Hopefully he pulls it together. I like Ely and Tokio, even though he's a bit of a wimp. Usually I don't like those types of characters but he stands out somehow. I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Alright, so i've finally gotten onto this as well, definitely worth the time catching up. Intriguing plot and characters, something Ishida knows to do very well. Reading Choujin X didn't throw me back to the time when i was reading TG and :RE like i had expected at first, and i'm glad it didn't. :verily It's been awhile since a new work hooked me after like 4-5 Chapters, decent page count as well so i can't complain at all. The irregular release schedule bugs me a little but i can live with it, makes me appreciate the work more when it drops a chapter actually. Tokio, Azuma and Ely are pretty interesting and potentially very layered characters as this story progresses, something i for one would definitely like even more. Ely seems to be the one we know least about as of yet apart from her love for Tractors(...lol), and her Smoke Powers.

Azuma started out as a kind of Vigilante for their city, someone needs help he jumps in and saves them quickly with his Martial Arts Skills. Quick and efficiently, he could turn out to be what i wish Hide had been like in TG but i digress. He was strong and confident before but once he and Tokio took the Choujin Shot that all seemed to have changed, that visit in the Hospital seemed to have put him off on Tokio. Perhaps it's because Azuma himself didn't awaken any incredible powers and now feels jealousy towards Tokio or because he remembered that Choujin turn into something they desire and since he didn't turn into anything he may lack the desire for anything? Either that or his physical transformation is simply delayed due to some reason.:hee

Tokio reminds me a lot of Kaneki at the begin of TG, both are very timid and reliant on their friends with the difference that Kaneki could at least think for himself to an extent. Tokio is in the process of becoming independent as well and with how things have been developing between him and Azuma he doesn't have any other choice i guess. He's kind of a coward but once he gained this Full Beastification Power he seemingly gained confidence, probably because he pictured himself being more like Azuma now. He should be undergoing a fair few changes over the story, at least i'd like that.:teach

This Choujin School he is gonna attend from now on should come with a fair number of problems, the first thing coming to mind would be his Family not knowing where he is and what he's doing and Azuma being in the dark about it as well. What i found particularly interesting is how strong these Prefecture Overseers are, they all seem to possess incredible powers like manipulating giant swords and stuff. Makes me wonder how powerful the enemies are going to be, since so far we had a random girl being a Snake and some other Masked guy cutting fodders into pieces. Let's see. :derp

hao

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
First when I was reading I thought that first chapter was good, but can't deny that I felt that a little of Tokyo Ghoul was merged somewhat there, but the world was interesting enough to maintain me reading trough — the scene where the destroyed city was shown, to be more precise.

In other hand, the second chapter was way too much of a turn off for me. I thought that Ely was a kid (is she?) when her first was introduced, so when I saw everything that happened in that chapter I needed too much suspension of disbelief... her being too much proactive and the absurd of that chase — running around roofs, and... a tractor?!. The cherry on top was when Hoshi Sandek says that she "has aptitude", the answer is "for farming" that was kinda "meh" for me. She literally showed up fast thinking and to have good cognition (about her powers) and that break point for comedic relief was "meh", for me.

But! In other hand... the chapters with Tokio was really good, I'm a little bias since I really like the early chapters of Tokyo Ghoul when Kaneki is learning about himself and all that, in Choujin X we have a bit of it too, but Tokio look more like a battle shōnen protagonist (thus far) than Kaneki in early chapters, so...

Oh, I loved that scene in the zoo when we can "listen" all the birds betting... 🤣

Those last chapters were really cool and picked up the pace for me, for some reason I started to see Ely a little more older in the last chapters that she was in (dunno if it was the drawings), and all that "school for choujin" look a bit cliché but I know that Ishida — normally — can pull something interesting off, it being cliché or not.

Have been a cool and fun reading, though...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 8 is out.

Rizaadxn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moving to a weekly schedule sounds like bad news to me. I hope Ishida takes a break whenever he feels the need to.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New chapter is out in Japanese. It's really good.

I think Azuma is gonna go Full Beastification next chapter!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's been a while since I read this. Will catch up soon but I want to know how are the release? It is monthly? Biweekly?

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's been a while since I read this. Will catch up soon but I want to know how are the release? It is monthly? Biweekly?
Whenever Ishida wants to release a chapter.

Usually after a volume is complete (like right now) we won't get a chapter for 2-4 weeks. Once the new chapter that starts the next volume comes out, chapters are released every 1-3 weeks. He has drafts for chapters stacked up a lot so sometimes we get weekly releases, other times we don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So, the prologue has concluded. Who really is Choujin X? Azuma or Tokio?

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
He is literally meming with that title drop. I love Ishida.

Omnion_1990

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
guess @Hermit gave up lol.

Chapter 35:

It seems this might be getting cancelled since he seems to have time skipped at chapter 35, or hopefully the story is going to take a meaningful jump forward.

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seems this might be getting cancelled since he seems to have time skipped at chapter 35, or hopefully the story is going to take a meaningful jump forward.
It's pretty much impossible for this to get cancelled. They already gave Ishida full freedom to publish chapters whenever he wants and the volumes are selling well so there'd be no reason for them to stop it so soon.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Caught up!! I wasn't much of a fan at first but it became much better.

I like how Ishida is handling the cast overall.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
It’s a pretty cool manga. The story is interesting but what I like the most is Ishida’s style actually

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
His style is pretty good but what I found confusing, especially early on were the fights. It's gotten better since the Beast Island arc but early on they were really hard to follow.