Conor McGregor VS Floyd Money Mayweather | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Conor McGregor VS Floyd Money Mayweather

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
lol.... Floyd shouldn't be congratulated for getting 100mil to fight someone with limited experience.
Well, one fanboy put it as "Floyd did everything he said he was going to do, fuck the doubters". Which is what I was reacting to. He only really became interested in attacking after Connor was tired out.

And for that matter, if Floyd is going to do everything he said, I'll be looking forward to his funeral in the octagon. :gnut

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Fuck the doubters :lmao

Is there really going to be a match in the octagon? I'll congratulate Floyd for that if he does.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Is there really going to be a match in the octagon? I'll congratulate Floyd for that if he does.
I don't see why he would agree to it, even if it had the kind of money behind it his boxing matches had. He can just say he would and then never do it due to lack of money.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Jumping into the octagon is equivalent to Connor jumping into a boxing ring using solely boxing...its out of ther depths.....

Congrats to Connor for landing as many punches as he did; & lasting so long but everyone knew the outcome of the fight. Mayweather didn't fight his usual fight. He approached McGreoggor constantly bringing the fight to him. His stamina & conditioning seems to be much better....But I do like the UFC better than Boxing.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Jumping into the octagon is equivalent to Connor jumping into a boxing ring using solely boxing...its out of ther depths.....
Disagree honestly. At least boxing makes use of an MMA fighter's skill at striking with his hands. If Floyd got into the octagon, he would have no defense against elbows, knees, kicks, takedowns, much less wrestling.

They'd both be out of their element, but the difference is one would be 10x more likely to embarrass himself and end up in the the hospital.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great fight. @Woodenstool your boy lost but it was way better than when he fought Pacman. Conor is a clown with the theatrics but he was impressive in the first couple of rounds. Floyd is a technician so everyone knew what he was going to do. Wear his ass out then beat him down with jabs and power punches. Conor kept hammer fisting him and the ref was letting it go. The hell, but still good fight.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's more dangerous for Floyd if he steps in the octogan compared to what Conor did. MMA has less rules and less protection. The fight would be over in 1 round just like the time James Toney went to the UFC. Other sports like wrestling or kickboxing produce better MMA fighters than boxers afaik.

Would Conor, being Conor, not go for the takedown and beat Floyd on his feet?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
MMA has less rules and less protection.
I'd think of it more as MMA has more ways that you can lose. Don't agree about less protection as far was safety goes, they tend to call fights way earlier than they used to back in the bloodsport days. :lmao

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great fight. @Woodenstool your boy lost but it was way better than when he fought Pacman. Conor is a clown with the theatrics but he was impressive in the first couple of rounds. Floyd is a technician so everyone knew what he was going to do. Wear his ass out then beat him down with jabs and power punches. Conor kept hammer fisting him and the ref was letting it go. The hell, but still good fight.
Are you insinuating floyd is not a clown full of theatrics :yodawg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'd think of it more as MMA has more ways that you can lose. Don't agree about less protection as far was safety goes, they tend to call fights way earlier than they used to back in the bloodsport days. :lmao
I agree...
Boxing,you are contantly being battered in the head....round after round,fight after fight.i wouldnt put one over the other as far as which one is a safer sport.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
@gnut he's the goat though so he can do whatever he wants to do :derp #MONEYTEAM

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
@gnut he's the goat though so he can do whatever he wants to do :derp #MONEYTEAM
I never said he couldnt do as he pleases...just saying he looks like an ass doing it...his theatrics.
Not saying conor is any better....

Im not a big fan of trash talk....especially when you put yourself at god status.
If you are the best...you dont have to keep telling everyone.
Oh how i miss guys like hopkins,camacho,holyfield,etc....those guys just put in work.
Fans and sports reporters boosted them up as far as labeling them great....they didnt have to keep saying themselves.
Muchless constantly reminding everyone how much money they have..
To me,personally its sickening and unsportsman-like.

Its just not floyd....i was no fan of jones or de la hoya for same reasons.
I can respect their fight game and their accomplishments....but i aint gotta like em:gnut

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Don't agree about less protection as far was safety goes, they tend to call fights way earlier than they used to back in the bloodsport days. :lmao
I haven't been keeping up with the UFC for ages but they needed top tighten it up. I remember watching a PPV where Shane Carwin beat the shit out of Frank Mir while he was one the ground, the guy was left there for a while until he got KO'd rofl.

The protection for me comes from hugs and stuff in boxing. I can't remember that being a thing in UFC.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
@gnut Ali made speaking it into existance famous, humility and confidence can be misconstrued but they're different. Boxing is the one sport I like the confidence. Conor was a fucking rookie though, he couldn't really talk. If he was like 10-0 of course he can but not a rookie

gnut

Reaction score
Country
United States
@gnut Ali made speaking it into existance famous, humility and confidence can be misconstrued but they're different. Boxing is the one sport I like the confidence. Conor was a fucking rookie though, he couldn't really talk. If he was like 10-0 of course he can but not a rookie
I agree....confidence is one thing,but some of the shit floyd does is so beneath him.
Ex....that 2nd press promotion they did.
Why in the hell did he bring a stack of money with him...to clown on conor?
Had nothing to do with the fight...just showimg off like some shit a kid would do.
He's my age:lmao