Anime - DGM Theater Hang Out Thread | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime DGM Theater Hang Out Thread

Sullyan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
It's too soon to make comparison screenshot. Even more, don't use in between frame....

Don't watch anime then... It's the animation the point
Even though I don't have too much hope on Hallow. Everything about Hallow screams a low budget anime.
+1000
I have the same... ¿fear? It would be a shame, but after what they did to the nose Lenalee...
I hope we're wrong.:pout

Silverwolf442

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's too soon to make comparison screenshot. Even more, don't use in between frame....
I mainly do it for fun. Now obviously, if you don't like, you can ignore and consider them useless. Like anyone who does anything and puts in OL -some like, and other hate and/ or don't care.

I hate when you post raws for interviews, with no translation, when I don't speak Japanese. Like the recent one you posted, that I couldn't read. But I don't criticize you being kind /interested enough to post something. Even if I didn't get much out of it at the time.

Don't watch anime then... It's the animation the point
I still watch. It's a preference. But I do care more for art. And evidently a good few do, since many are bitching about Lenalee's giant nose in the one previous poster. If she had a huge nose all through anime, I doubt everyone would be fine, even if the animation was great. So lets not pretend nobody cares for the designs and look of the characters. I don't think anyone likes derpy characters.

Same advice for you. If Hallow seems low budget and disappointing, then you don't have to watch it. But you're probably still going to. Even though naturally, you have your preferences & disappointments. It's the same for me. We both like some anime, but doesn't mean there's not disappointments at some point.

Even though I don't have too much hope on Hallow. Everything about Hallow screams a low budget anime.
Well you were the one who said budget was the reason it was 1 cour & voices were different, when you wanted everyone to stop bitching on the 13 episode limit. Not like it's anything new.

I am just happy we're getting something. And hopefully we will get more, and better if this one does well enough and the manga has more meat on it.

Last edited:

Sullyan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
@Silverwolf442 A tip, breathe.
We all hope this anime forward. To expose our fears or concerns does not mean we do not have hope or we do not like.
This is a forum. A place to share. Arguing for something that we all love is meaningless.
Just wait and enjoy all this great coming. You do not be offended and share, that's very good.
Buf, sorry, which is difficult to say this in English. I hope you understand. :sweat

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
Updates from the DGMH Site.

Here's a RAW
D.Gray-man HALLOW PREMIUM SHOP in IKEBUKURO」 ◆開催概要 開催期間:7月1日(金)~7月28日(木) 開催場所:池袋P'PARCO 3F THEキャラSHOP池袋店 営業時間:11:00~21:00(最終日は18:00まで) ◆購入者限定抽選会について 期間中「D.Gray-man HALLOW PREMIUM SHOP in IKEBUKURO」にて、お会計していただいたお客様は、 税込3,000円毎お買上げにつき、オリジナルグッズが当たる抽選会にご参加いただけます(1会計最大3回まで)。

If anyone is fine with a very rough google-trans, here that. But google is not the best for translating. But best I can do.
"D.Gray-man HALLOW" will open in Ikebukuro P'PARCO!
In the period limited SHOP, event limited-leading products a new appearance!
Official illustrations drawn of this event's first out are also available.
In addition to product sales, such as exhibits and purchaser limited lottery be touched in the world of "D.Gray-man HALLOW",
a fan must-see content! ! "D.Gray-man HALLOW PREMIUM SHOP in IKEBUKURO" ◆ Outline holding period: July 1 (Friday) to July 28 (Thursday) Venue: Ikebukuro P'PARCO 3F THE Chara SHOP Ikebukuro Hours: 11 : 00 ~ 21: 00 (last day until 18:00) for ◆ purchaser limited lottery during the period in the "D.Gray-man HALLOW PREMIUM SHOP in IKEBUKURO", customers who in your accounting, tax 3,000 per circle each purchase, you can join the raffle original goods hits (up to 1 accounting up to three times). In addition you can join us once again in the Parco card your presentation or a new issue. [Premium content] A prize autographed poster arrival three B Award event Original Poster first 30 C Awards postcards all five ※ random distribution and will be up to ※ 1 accounting up to three times. (Towards the Parco cardholder: up to three times +1 times) ※ Parco card is not available other than the other person. ※ prize Please note it will be will end as soon not. ※ The content of the lottery prizes are subject to change without notice.
Definitely seem to be going all out for just 1 cour. Cross' face looks horrible. lol Oh well. the others look nice though.

Last edited:

NonExisted

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I mainly do it for fun. Now obviously, if you don't like, you can ignore and consider them useless. Like anyone who does anything and puts in OL -some like, and other hate and/ or don't care.
That's just some advice because it's not fair at all if you make comparison like that

I hate when you post raws for interviews, with no translation, when I don't speak Japanese. Like the recent one you posted, that I couldn't read. But I don't criticize you being kind /interested enough to post something. Even if I didn't get much out of it at the time.
It's not like I know Japanese either

Same advice for you. If Hallow seems low budget and disappointing, then you don't have to watch it. But you're probably still going to. Even though naturally, you have your preferences & disappointments. It's the same for me. We both like some anime, but doesn't mean there's not disappointments at some point.
Nah. Ever since even before the anime announcement was out, I already set my expectation as low as possible so that I could enjoy the anime if it existed. After all, the previous anime wasn't that good to hype, music aside.
That's why when I see people all too hype, I thought "this won't end well...". I don't blame them or you but at least please have some understanding.

Dlanor_A.Knox

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Aw Allen looks so cute in the new picture :3

That's just some advice because it's not fair at all if you make comparison like that

Nah. Ever since even before the anime announcement was out, I already set my expectation as low as possible so that I could enjoy the anime if it existed. After all, the previous anime wasn't that good to hype, music aside.
That's why when I see people all too hype, I thought "this won't end well...". I don't blame them or you but at least please have some understanding.
Welp, I'm aslo guilty of the hype...
But my hype is more in the nostalgia form I guess, the anime was what got me hooked on dgm (even though I stopped halfway and a friend forced me to watch it till the end.... )

Sure Hallow is going to have it's ups and downs, but which anime doesn't?
So what if the nose is to long or the colouring is not what you wanted, at least it's airing again and at least it's following the story more accurately....
(And we always have the manga to fall back on)

In 10 years the animes from now look old and we will be looking back filled with nostalgia like we do now on the classics.
Why? Because we love them for being imperfect and their stories!

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sample Sketches for DGMH

I vaguely understand, as I only have google to translate. And you know it's bad when Lenalee's name translated as "Culinary."

Here's a rough trans anyhow.
TV anime "D.Gray-man HALLOW" broadcast commemorative events have been decided held!

● holding period: July 29, 2016 (Friday) to September 19 (Mon),

[6/27 update] illustrations drawn public! ! It is currently produced in from today, but will continue to introduce little by little. First, Allen and link!The next is a public scheduled for 6/30

[6/30 update] publish the illustrations drawn in the making!! Cross today Marshal and Lenalee! The next is a public scheduled for 7/4
For the page -on off chance others can get a better trans.
http://www.namco.co.jp/tp/j-world/NEWS/events/20160603.html

Last edited:

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
^Those are for a Jump theme park in Japan (J-World). DGM will have a time- limited area there
they are not sketch

4 days to go :D

Lenalee looks nice

Last edited:

neah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been talked about but... Funimation just announced that they received the rights to episode 52-103 of the original series! I'm not sure if that means they are going to dub them or what the end game is. Speaking of wich I know it's early to discuss this but do we know yet if Funimation plans on dubbing the Hallow series? And if so are they keeping the same cast? Cause I know how much Todd hakberon loved voicing Allen

NonExisted

Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Not sure if this has been talked about but... Funimation just announced that they received the rights to episode 52-103 of the original series! I'm not sure if that means they are going to dub them or what the end game is. Speaking of wich I know it's early to discuss this but do we know yet if Funimation plans on dubbing the Hallow series? And if so are they keeping the same cast? Cause I know how much Todd hakberon loved voicing Allen
Didn't Todd mention about DGM some days ago? I think they will keep the cast :D

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
I assumed they were dubbing. But of course, assumptions are never safe bets.

Be nice to get some different VA, because I didn't care for the voices of Allen, Lenalee, Komui, Anita, Mahoja, Kanda, or Cross. lol But even if they are dubbing, and cast stays the same, it'd still be interesting to see the episodes finished. But I would prefer some voice changes. Cast will probably stick though. I think I did hear something about Todd as Allen seems to be coming back.

Edit: 7-2-16

Last edited:

neah

Reaction score
Country
United States

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eck. Well, the original VA are back. Fine, except for Lenalee, Kanda and Cross in upcoming eps.. I hoping they would be different,, as their dubbed voices just sounded off. On the plus side, I know what to expect from them, rather than getting new VA that are even worse.

So, while I don't like CS as Cross, he;s the lesser of 2 evils with Tsugou Mogami. Same as Luci Christian, who won't be quite as squeaky as the current Jap voice for Lenalee.

Last edited:

fuff

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Read the manga and the light novel. The anime (all seasons, Hallow included) is optional
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It seems there will be new Drama CD *gonna ignore all the seiyuu issues.
i would have been exicited with the drama cd but when its not the orignal va its not that exciting :(

Silverwolf442

Reaction score
Country
United States
i would have been exicited with the drama cd but when its not the orignal va its not that exciting :(
Agreed.
I am always up for nice art promos with Hallow. But not for anything focusing on voices lol

fuff

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
is this about the drama CD or just the opening?

neah

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lookie Lookie!!! It's the trailer for the first dubbed episode of D.Gray-Man Hallow!!!!!!! It seems they kept a good portion of the cast except Travis Winghingam as the Vpice of Kanda