Discussion - Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama passes away | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama passes away

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
All I can say is Thank Akira Toriyama for introducing me to anime and manga. He even made me love art, I would print dozens upon dozens of DBZ official art to collect and show off with friends as kids and of course we would trace them and color them in…Ahh man I remember the 1st time I saw DBZ it was the 1st episode too I was like 6/7 years old, I’ll be 33 in less than 2 weeks…This is a sad day for the Manga/Anime community A legend that helped pioneered the modern industry is gone.

SIP Akira Toriyama.

wing_gundam

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dragonball was definitely my introduction to anime/manga in the 90s. We got like 3 or 4 episodes and I'm like where's the rest of this awesome show?? Then I got 13 episodes some years later and was in awe. Even still I barely had any idea that there was more. It was a good bonding experience with some classmates from Hong Kong as they 'knew everything' and they were into the super sayan stuff. I was like wtf are you talking about and Goku has kids?? Then we got DBZ and spent years having to watch the same first few eps over and over (around midnight) until finally the internet gave me torrents and I could actually watch it all.

The adventure and action had me captivated for life. Still into it (and reading the super mangas) some 30+ years later. Was definitely the gateway for me to get into so many other series.

RIP.