Chapter - Fairy Tail: 100YQ Chapter 157 Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Fairy Tail: 100YQ Chapter 157 Discussion

LuckSlayer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
we still have Horologium to save their ass again
I thought of this too. But what about Erza? She was outside while Lucy and the others where indoor. Either way, Idk if Lucy, Gray, Wendy, Happy and Charles will be able to get inside Horologium.

MangerDan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It could be an illusion.

SleipnirX

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I hope this is where most of the planning effort went for this series. I don't know if I'm fully convinced yet, but Ignia is hinting at a plan/ motive and he's already got some interesting underlings. Then again Gold Owl also seemed full of promise at first :oh

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
This section went downhill months ago

Funny how we had 5-6 pages after the spoilers dropped,now we cant get it in 2 weeks...

Kind of sad

Rigel

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
People don't believe this arc will be different from the previous one. Furthermore, Enny and Rousseau do not add anything new, their designs are already known. The new character is cool, but fire magic isn't that flashy, and we already have many examples of this magic in the manga.

I would say that this arc will need to be decent (I'm not even saying good) to compensate for an entire Guild with characters that only have fire magic.

So far I can't see anything interesting in this arc. I hope Hiro addresses the Aquarius key as a secondary core to diversify things in this arc.

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
again 7-8/10 chapter
Not fond of pacing, for now at least. too quickly we went into fight
Fire mage guild was understandable, but I have no hope of Hiro pulling even 10% of Fire Force level of fire power diversity (unless he simply rips it of).
Im still sticking to time travel arc, may be this is whats happening with "past has disappeared".

Hekentroy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Chile
They really all use Fire magic, it was already too much that Ignia use fire magic, at least would have made them all have magic that Natsu couldn't eat easily but ok, mmm well at least I hope that this time Gray get a good opponent and see him fight seriously, he doesn't even use his Devil Slayer power anymore and he doesn't even use his ice make well, also there should be no excuse to invent nonsense now, Gray has been good at handle fire, so I expect a serious fight.

As I don't even care about the sisters, I thought that Ignia would finish them off, but better than them or at least the older one, as Erza's opponents, have already given Erza a lot of prominence, to give her a new supposedly more important opponent, for the same old thing.

Rigel

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hiro said this arc will be serious. A little worried about this because it's possible that Lucy will be used to shock readers and anger Natsu. Let's face it, we already had this in Alvarez's arc with Dimaria-END.

I think this reduces Lucy a lot as a character and recalls the times this occurred (GMG Arc with Flare and Minerva, where Lucy was used to hype up villains that Erza and Laxus would defeat).

But leaving that aside, what do you think Mashima will do to diversify the fire magic of the members of this Guild?

Combustion Magic? Blue Fire Magic? Lava Magic? Steam Magic? This all seems pretty uninteresting, with the exception of the combustion magic. I hope he surprises.

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, did Viernes gift the sisters their alchemy abilities? Sucks because despite being thrashed by Erza their abilities were cool. Now they are reduced to simply fire power.

Overall, an okay chapter. Basically, a set up chapter for the arc like usual.

I don't know how I feel about the entire guild have fire magic. Not due to the lack of variety but due to everyone on Team Natsu, excluding exceeds, having the power to counter fire magic kind of lessens the threat. On the other hand it could be good because rather than focusing on power levels we can just focus on making the fight good.

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ignia is connected with Natsu(the MC) AND Igneel.Yes,im pretty sure he gets treated different

Acno had 0 connections with any of the characters.He was sitting on his ass for 100+ years while doing nothing.Ignia has already done more as Acno.
You are delusional. Dont cry when ignia gets shitted on.

FireIce

Reaction score
Country
France
GMG Arc with Flare and Minerva, where Lucy was used to hype up villains that Erza and Laxus would defeat).
I disagree because, in Flare's particular case, it was pretty clear that Lucy was already on her level and would have defeated her with Urano Metria without Obra's intervention. Laxus was simply way above that level. I agree with the Minerva part though.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Sorry for saying this. But yall so fucking stupid lol.

Yall really read the entire original manga, and the sequel, and yall still pretending ignia is somehow going to be treated any different?

Fuck out of here with you all. Even acno was done in dirty, and he had over 300 chapters worth of build up
After how Viernes was treated, when he was the most mysterious and arguably most built up DG (only competition is Ignia), anyone having high expectations for Ignia are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Viernes had implicit hype of:
- nobody knows how he looks
- nobody haven't even seen this guy in ages, even the quest giver treated him as a mystery
- was a "concept"

Culminated in Natsu using golden flames + DF to destroy him. 🤡🤡

No elaboration of why and how he became a concept, why alchemy specifically, nothing.
Athena was fodder too.

Ignia, on paper, should be an absolute monster. DG saved for the last, Igneel's biological son, only DG that Natsu has personal stake in fighting, hyped himself up that he could take on Acnologia.

But Zeref was similar, had tons of buildup, arch mage genius, Natsu relative.... only for him to engage in a pathetic fist fight and lose disgracefully.
Ignia probably will be the same.

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
After how Viernes was treated, when he was the most mysterious and arguably most built up DG (only competition is Ignia), anyone having high expectations for Ignia are setting themselves up for disappointment.
Yep, that's why I and probably most people were interested more into side plots, but Hiro noticed that and ruined them too:
B team figuring out Tokas secret;
New continent;
Aquarius Key hunt;
DE Dragon Force Taboo;
Irene's return;
White Witch Cult;
Elentire and Spirit art;
Alchemists reanimating dead wizards.
All of these were far more interesting than another Hyped up baddy battle, no matter how long He\She was hyped up.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Irene's return;
She's happy now. No worries
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Honestly I can't even lie. I really don't care about this Aquarius key, I care more about ignia and natsu. That's more better
. Lucky being a natsu fan and ignia fan.

Rigel

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I disagree because, in Flare's particular case, it was pretty clear that Lucy was already on her level and would have defeated her with Urano Metria without Obra's intervention. Laxus was simply way above that level. I agree with the Minerva part though.
For us readers, yes. Lucy was on her level. However, only Natsu became aware of Raven Tail's deception. Hiro used this moment where Lucy is humiliated in front of the public to highlight how evil the members of Raven Tail are, building them up so that Laxus So that Laxus would stand out to the readers by defeating them.

Kenneth Latorre

Reaction score
Country
United States
Btw, Fake ass white wizard was treated better than the real deal.

Just think about how backwards ass this series is with how it treats hype and its characters.

And in no way am i saying their hype is false, im saying their hype is worthlessq when the FT guild is on crack with power creep and Plot shield.

I gave up after the BDSKs got their ass handed.
I laughted outloud when God Serena got one shotted acnologia style. And im not gonna be surprised when anyone else gets the same treatment.

Only person who lived up to the hype was Susaku. Dude is probably the best thing to come from the sequel. Funny enough, despite the irrational hate she gets, Selene takes second place to me. Yall hate, but she has the best feat in the verse, which elevated all those who scale to her. And her defeat was at the hands of the """"""strongest"""""" DG. And her chaotic personality was fine. Her bipolar ass was always fun to see.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
And in no way am i saying their hype is false, im saying their hype is worthlessq when the FT guild is on crack with power creep and Plot shield.
I’ve said this before but it seems like once Hiro hypes someone especially villains they’re pretty much screwed.

Rigel

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Honestly, I don't know how people can find Ignia Interesting. Furthermore, his magic is extremely redundant considering Natsu and Igneel exist. These two use fire magic at the highest level.

He will probably defeat Natsu initially, but in round 2 he will be beaten like all Fairy Tail villains.

Of the dragons, I think Mercphobia is by far the best. His personality, goals and context for his defeat made a lot of sense. I also really liked his water magic, as there was no character who used this element at such a high power level.

Something I would like to point out is that Mercphobia is underestimated by people, but his powers were indeed a risk to humanity. If Mercphobia hadn't sought help from Faris, he would have flooded the planet within months. This storyline represented the risk of a Dragon God very well and gave valid reasons for Team A to go all out to defeat them.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Honestly, I don't know how people can find Ignia Interesting. Furthermore, his magic is extremely redundant considering Natsu and Igneel exist. These two use fire magic at the highest level.
Still better than finding this Aquarius key
after Lucy finds the key happy ever after. Not hyped for that. I wouldn't put it past mashima to do a fan service face off between Brandish and Lucy to see who deserves the key. Who's ass is bigger.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Anyone who can read knows the source of the bdsk hype is from suzaku. Suzaku was just that guy
. None of that gildarts level bs. Suzaku only got hyped after he did something. He showcased his powers then the hype came except from the time skullion hyped the black dragon slayer knights
Natsu and suzaku vs ignia this fight would be so awesome.