Discussion - Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry" | Page 46 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Fairy Tail Second Movie "Dragon Cry"

azhasnts

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
does anyone know when the movie will be available online in dub?

Stormsfury

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dragon Cry was on Netflix so I watched it.
Easy to say it was a terrible film, the art and animation quality wasn't up to standard for an anime film. It should have looked like One Piece: Strong World or SAO: Ordinal Scale but nope....
The story was also shit, the villains were terrible and didn't really pose much of a threat, the new characters were all generic af. 2/10 Phoenix Priestess was better and that was shit itself.

Angiecakes1990

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dragon Cry was on Netflix so I watched it.
Easy to say it was a terrible film, the art and animation quality wasn't up to standard for an anime film. It should have looked like One Piece: Strong World or SAO: Ordinal Scale but nope....
The story was also shit, the villains were terrible and didn't really pose much of a threat, the new characters were all generic af. 2/10 Phoenix Priestess was better and that was shit itself.
was it the sub version on netflix
its not bad I like the story to be honest and the animation was abit off at some points but I don't let that bother me

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
was it the sub version on netflix
its not bad I like the story to be honest and the animation was abit off at some points but I don't let that bother me
Better than the regular anime. I watched the subs in theatres and it quite enjoyable

Angiecakes1990

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Better than the regular anime. I watched the subs in theatres and it quite enjoyable
same i watched the sub version in cinemas too

Angiecakes1990

Reaction score
Country
Australia
it sure does

immblueversion

Reaction score
Country
United States
While I found the ending of the manga satisfactory for all the finale's ups and downs, this movie marked the first time in a long while where I actually found myself consistently enjoying Fairy Tail again. The villains were more memorable than the first movie's (Animus actually had an intriguing backstory, and Zash was enjoyable just for how unabashedly evil he was), it had some of the FUNNIEST moments in the series (the return of Ninja Natsu, Happy's SBD moment at the fireplace, the wagon wheel, Juvia's Gray-dar...), Erza actually had a kickass finishing move for once, and it expanded the lore of dragons in neat little ways. And most importantly, it retroactively made the final arc of the manga less disappointing by giving me a little more of what I wanted to see from it.

All it took was a little extra taste of E.N.D. and Natsu angst to remind us he's not a soulless friendship machine, and an actual look at the kind of person Acnologia was like before: he's Eren if he didn't have Mikasa or Armin. Sure, AoT probably would've done such a story much better, but just that little bit of dimension actually helps me appreciate him as a villain more.

I recommend the movie for any fan who still has an ember of love for this series in their hearts if they found it buried under mounds of dashed hopes. That enjoyment may just be rekindled.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anime needs to give out this much END
when he fights Gray, not the diminutive nerfed shit we saw.

I actually liked that fight in terms of choreography and action (not logic) but this would make it better.

strikefreedom

Reaction score
Country
France
The DVD comes out July 25 at home, they could have made an effort and the out July 7 for the symbolic XD.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
This movie what to say lacked something

The start was great no doubt and the ending was great too.

Other than that nothing much to say.

The middle portion was quite boring if i be honest.Villains were bland,story repetitive etc.No tension.

Bit NALU was that cheered me and bit END form,nothing else.

6/10 from me.Could have been much better.

Last edited:

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

The middle portion was quite boring if i be honest.Villains were bland,story repetitive etc.

6/10 from me.
I think what the movie was lacking could have been if Acnologia’s backstory was more fleshed out and I really hope the anime animates the Wish on a Star light novel (the light novel about Sonya’s backstory) somehow. Also I thought the best think about the movie was the animation otherwise the movie was pretty bland.

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I think what the movie was lacking could have been if Acnologia’s backstory was more fleshed out and I really hope the anime animated the Wish on a Star light novel (the light novel about Sonya’s backstory) somehow. Also I thought the best think about the movie was the animation otherwise the movie was pretty bland.
Quite agree with the Acnologia part.They should have expanded it instead of just a few minutes in the post credit scene.

The animation wasn't great but still not bad and i didn't dislike it like @Stormsfury said.Sure it was not on Miyazaki level still the animation wasn't that bad to me at least.

I focused more on the story or characterization.

Agree with your third point too.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

The middle portion was quite boring if i be honest.Villains were bland,story repetitive etc.No tension.

6/10 from me.Could have been much better.
If they focused more on the story than everyone getting a fight it would have been much better but then again this is shonen :s

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
If they focused more on the story than everyone getting a fight it would have been much better but then again this is shonen :s
Even Shounen movies focus more on plot,just see Miyazaki movies.

In this respect i will say the first movie was better.

P.S. you still haven't started Tokyo Ghoul Manga :emocat