Fun - Favourite Hunter x Hunter Quotes | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun Favourite Hunter x Hunter Quotes

futurefrog

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thought it'd be a good idea to make a thread where we can compile some of the best quotes to come out of the legendary series that is Hunter x Hunter. I personally believe Togashi is a master of dialogue, with a lot of simple pieces of dialogue having a great deal of depth to them on closer inspection.

What are some of your favourites? Quotes can be from both anime series and of course the manga itself. Here are some of my favourites:

'If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them angry.' - Aunt Mito, repeated by Gon Freecss.

'I do not fear death, I only fear that my rage will one day fade' - Kurapika

'I fear I've created an incredible monster...' - Wing in reference to Gon

'My Dear Uvo, can you hear this? We dedicate this requiem to you!' - Chrollo as he conducts the requiem of destruction for Uvo.

'I can't stand being on the losing end forever!' - Gon during fight with Genthru

'I'd prefer not to do this, I've seen you in action and you have talent and potential. Is your pride really worth throwing that all away?' - Genthru during fight with Gon

'He's utterly insane!' - Genthru's observation of Gon

heron bpv

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
"Violence is the greatest power of the world!" - The first conclusion taken by King Meruem, after realizing he could crush even those who would surpass him in a specific area (besides, of course, power).
Which reminds me of this...(pay attention to the funny skeleton talking =P)

Chain Bastard

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I always found this dialogue hilarious :^_^ 99 version, episode 18, when they look for treasures during the boat test :

Hanzo : I found something !
Kurapika : Oh, wow ! That's the ceremonial crown of Jerra III, also know as The Tragic Prince. He was lost at sea on his coronation day in the sixteenth century !
Leorio : What ?!
Kurapika : It's common knowledge to anyone who's trying to be a Hunter...
Gon : I found something too !! Look at it !
Kurapika : That's the Legendary Scepter of the Sun, which was supposed to be presented to the queen of Eng in the 18th century, but mysteriously dissapeared ! It must be worth hundreds of millions !
Leorio : WHAT ?! I can't be sitting around here !
*He undresses and jumps*
Kurapika : ... Or it could just be a bedpost.

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
He doesn’t talk. He doesn’t talk about the past. He has no interest in the past. By tomorrow, I imagine he'll have forgotten Kastro's face. He doesn’t associate with others. He’s his own man. Because he believes himself to be the strongest.
- Machi (talking about Hisoka)

Move, and I will kill you... Use Nen, and I will kill you. Make a sound, and I will kill you. If you understand, slowly close your eyes. Do you know what happens if you break your word? If you know, slowly open your eyes. Look at me in the mirror, and listen carefully. Never show your filthy face to us again. That's a promise.
- Killua

Killua. Thank you. To have come here with you... Yeah, to have met you... was really a fortunate thing. - Gon
It's the other way around. Gon, it's me. Gon. Me. ...Meeting you, I'm the fortunate one. - Killua

The best bromance. Ever. :crying

Noonealive

Reaction score
Country
United States
^ wow, Amazing quotes... loved all of em.... especially the last 2 :crying

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm gonna pick one for each volume

Volume 1

"Blood will tell and yours speaks volumes." Kite to Gon

Volume 2

"He wants to be a blacklist hunter, hah! Remind him he was popped by a prissy gourmet hunter." Menchi speaking about Todo the Wrestler

Volume 3

"It's not a trick. I just plucked it out." Killua describing how he stole Jonas' heart

Volume 4

"Skills one thing though, and caution another." Geretta to Gon

Volume 5

"Even the fastest eye can be fooled." Gotoh to Gon

Volume 6

"How!? Cleaning out hotel minibars!?" Zushi thinking about Killua spent 20 million jenny all on snacks in just four years

Volume 7

"Electricity won't work on me. I've been trained to withstand torture. But that only means I can tolerate it. It still hurts and that doesn't make me very happy." Killua to Riehlvelt

Volume 8

You're a Hunter now, aren't you?"

Ging via tape recorder to Gon

Volume 11

"Yes, here's my card with my address and phone number. Let us know if you need anyone killed. For you we can give 30 percent off." ---Zeno Zoldyck

Volume 18

"Why don't you just shut up and hand over the cards. Or we'll kill you." --Genthru
(I just love how Genthru snaps in this scene and we see his mask of sanity fall off)

(Will add more later)

Chrollo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Jordan
Shipwreck island is the best filler of all time :) A lot of funny/awesome/memorable stuff.

Many quotes I don't really have a favorite one since everything is WIN to me.
But one of them would be: "Oshimai"
-
Hisoka, killing Gotoh

I trust Ging, as an enemy
- Pariston
If your path happens to be the same as mine, make sure you enjoy it. Something far more important than what you desire, is likely to be on the way
- Ging

And some shiapouf quote about humans, kings, bloodlines, trash and foolishness that I don't remember

futurefrog

Reaction score
Country
Australia
'I can still fly' - Shoot, near death.

'How many bloodbaths have these two seen to make them so cold' - Knuckle talking about Gon and Killua

'I am grateful for everything, that led me to you!!' - Netero during fight with Meruem

'See you in hell, if there is one' - Netero's final words

'Of course you're calm... this has nothing to do with you!!' Gon says coldly to Killua

'You don't know of the darkness within the human heart!!' Netero to Meruem

duerlin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
"Human potential for evolution is limitless" (Netero)

"If my target moves just as I want them to... Now that's a real hunt" (Ging)

"If you ARE lying it will be easy on my mind. I wont have to show you any mercy. I can defeat you without hesitation" (Gon)

"I'll wait for you in the hall of the 60th floor" (Killua)

Netero

Reaction score
Country
United States
Netero: "That's a bad move... little ant"

Netero: "Meruem, king of ants. You have no idea, do you? You no nothing of the bottomless malice... within the human heart!!"

Gon: "I can't stand being on the losing end forever!! I'll make him use his ability!! The plan can come later."
(During his epic fight with Genthru.)

Gon: "Pitou. The next time you speak out of line... I'll kill her."

MegamanX195

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ubogin: Kill me.

Most people listed the other ones I had in mind, but there might be one or two missing.